Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dons. Anzac Day. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
It's a sad day at the CFC, we have stooped so low I am finding it hard to focus as to when our next win will come.

I didn't even bother watching the game for the first time I can remember.
The hope has gone & watching us play is as exciting as watching paint dry.
In 2016 I don't feel confident about us beating anyone. Bombers & Blues will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us. The game plan for every other team seems to be kick through our weak zone & feast on the easy goals.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:32 pm

Oh man, oh boy, oh whatever, Pies will win by 10 goals!!!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:35 pm

I think a lot of our selection changes will be decided by injury more so than form.
Of all the injurie concerns I think Cloke is most likely to miss
For mine time to play Pendles in the middle at all costs.mwe looked so much better when he was controlling the middle than at HBF
I've put Varcoe down at HBF to use his skill and game reading and hopefully set up play
Frost comes back in for White at least Frost can play man on man and his spoiling as second man up will be very handy
we need more run and carry so I've gone for a smaller bench to hopefully give us some run
We just need to find our best 22 available and play them week in week out
They need to learn to work together and trust there team mates more
Broomhead comes in after a couple good weeks in the seconds to replace Howe
Cox comes in to replace Cloke
Frost in for White

B Oxley Brown Langdon
HB: Varcoe Reid Frost
C: Pendlebury Treloar Sidebottom
HF:Broomhead Moore Fasalo
F Goldsack Cox DeGoey
Foll: Grundy Greenwood Adams
Int Sinclair Aish Goodyear Phillips
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:49 pm

God I hope J White never plays another senior game for us. He should be LTI'd and delisted at seasons end. one of the worst footballers I have ever seen
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
To even think about what might happen here makes me sick to the core. I'm taking $3.20 on SportsBet on the Dons, if we are going to put in another pathetic performance and lose then I am at least going to make some money from it. How sad.

Hmm I might do the same, I never win, you name it, bets, pokies, I'm a born loser.

We might just win!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:30 pm

I think tough times call for tough decisions. I would make the call now on the following players' careers, Goldsack, Blair, Toovey, White & Macaffer and not play them again, thanking them for their contribution to the CFC and delist at the end of the season. I would get the rest of the group together and explain to them that the club will stick with the main group including Crisp, De Goey, Greenwood, Cloke and Brown and any other out of form player the club deems in their best 22, and play those players in the senior team till the end of the season regardless of their form. Against Essendon, I would play De Goey in the centre of the ground all day until exhausted, or until he demonstrates some of the potential he has shown on the training field. I would be telling the players to start enjoying their football and play for each other and forget about the score, just walk off the field content that they have given 100% for the team. If Langdon makes another mistake and gives away another goal to Essendon like he did Melbourne, I would be telling the players to go over to him and pat him on the back and tell him, that's two we're going to get him. If I was Eddie I would be going over to Buckley and tell him that he has just signed for two more years and if he wants to get out of his contract, the club will sue him. Likewise I would be reminding the whole coaching group of the contracts they have all signed and not even think about leaving. The club got itself into this situation where it finds itself 1 and 3. The club including the playing group and coaches will get itself out of this situation without any media interference or advice from disgruntled supporter groups.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Rick wrote:
With so many players under performing, my concern is that the only players left to try will be debutants or guys coming back from injury. We also lack depth in key positions.

Outs: Crisp, Blair, Langdon, Cloke
Ins: Wills, Crocker, Broomhead, Cox

When Langdon wins the Copeland the third time, will people stop calling for him to be dropped?

I assume you've identified Cloke as injured - because no sane Collingwood supporter would want to drop him on form.

LOL - Lets wait until he wins it for the first time. I don't think he is the club house leader for 2016 after round 4 either.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Out: Those p00fta haircuts
In: Short back'n'sides
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Resting Pendles is not a good idea. Worst case scenerio is he plays forward for the whole game, still more effective than most other fully fit players in the comp. He is the captain, we need our captain more than ever now.

Also, resting him implies we are taking Essendon lightly, we don;t need to give them any psychological ammunition.

I think Josh Smith will come in for certain and he will be a quality player for us. Other in and outs a bit too hard to guess at right now. Having said that, Cloke is unlikely due to the elbow.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Resting Pendles is not a good idea. Worst case scenerio is he plays forward for the whole game, still more effective than most other fully fit players in the comp. He is the captain, we need our captain more than ever now.

Also, resting him implies we are taking Essendon lightly, we don;t need to give them any psychological ammunition.

I think Josh Smith will come in for certain and he will be a quality player for us. Other in and outs a bit too hard to guess at right now. Having said that, Cloke is unlikely due to the elbow.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Apparently Wills is a chance to debut. I haven't seen him play, but he looks a powerful unit.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Apparently Wills is a chance to debut. I haven't seen him play, but he looks a powerful unit.

I've only seen him in the few games he played last year and liked what I saw. Based on his size/shape and from what I've seen and heard he's a bit of a Patrick Cripps type on baller.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

What's a p00fter haircut?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

What's a p00fter haircut?

Anything not short back'n'sides. Time to lose the nancy boy crap and play like real men.

Get rid of these moulded sole girly boots and get some real stops.

Get rid of this polyester crap and go woollen jumpers.

And anyone turn up with product in their hair or jewellery on them (other than a watch), then they can eff off to StKilda.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:30 pm

So if Cloke doesn't get up we'll have to decide between White or Cox I guess.

Think I prefer White up forward rather than defence if only for the fact his brain fades are less likely to directly cost us a goal.

The man from the country of our pacific ally debuting on Anzac day has a bit of romance to it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28   

Jump to: