Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dons. Anzac Day. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a good thing they didn't take the game off Essendon to give us a more 'competitive' opponent, aye?
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:43 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
It's a sad day at the CFC, we have stooped so low I am finding it hard to focus as to when our next win will come.

The sad thing is we are calling for a guy from another country with two years of experience to turn around our fortunes. On ANZAC day!

There have got to some guys there wondering what the **** they are doing at the biggest (and for the most part, best) sporting club in the land.

The inclusion of Cox should spell the end for a few passengers.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 pm

5150 wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
It's a sad day at the CFC, we have stooped so low I am finding it hard to focus as to when our next win will come.

The sad thing is we are calling for a guy from another country with two years of experience to turn around our fortunes. On ANZAC day!

There have got to some guys there wondering what the **** they are doing at the biggest (and for the most part, best) sporting club in the land.

The inclusion of Cox should spell the end for a few passengers.

Well some are, I'd prefer he earn his promotion to the senior side with a solid block of very good VFL form rather than be gifted the opportunity. Cloke's injury might change that.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:15 pm

swoop42 wrote:
So if Cloke doesn't get up we'll have to decide between White or Cox I guess.

Think I prefer White up forward rather than defence if only for the fact his brain fades are less likely to directly cost us a goal.

The man from the country of our pacific ally debuting on Anzac day has a bit of romance to it.

Yep, would think White would be ahead of Cox.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:33 pm

If we can't beat Essendrug, then it's quite conceivable that we won't win another game this season. Either we make it up the beach to Anzac cove or get blown apart stupidly trying the futile tactics of the past 2 weeks!
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:54 pm

I will struggle to take anything football related seriously from anyone who suggests Cox play this week.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:57 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
If we can't beat Essendrug, then it's quite conceivable that we won't win another game this season. Either we make it up the beach to Anzac cove or get blown apart stupidly trying the futile tactics of the past 2 weeks!

I actually think it will be one of those years where we click.after a string of losses and statistically being almost impossible to make the finals, finish fast and just miss the eight and enter pre season full of optimism.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Seriously what can Jesse do that Cox can't? At least Cox puts his body on the line. At worst we finally win the ruck. No more Jesse for me please, a real disappointment.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Crocker for Blair bring it on. Seen him after the game last week, he looked to be hurting as much as I was.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:33 am

swoop42 wrote:
So if Cloke doesn't get up we'll have to decide between White or Cox I guess.

Think I prefer White up forward rather than defence if only for the fact his brain fades are less likely to directly cost us a goal.

The man from the country of our pacific ally debuting on Anzac day has a bit of romance to it.

Yeah, completely perplexed as to why we'd try White in defense. He's a pretty good forward, just play him there. Neither Moore or Gault have gone past him yet.

Buckley mentioned in his presser that there are players he now knows are not prepared to do the work, so I expect we'll see 1 or 2 omissions, though maybe injuries will save them (Sinclair and Cloke possibly missing).

As to who comes in, Bucks was very positive about our young players in the VFL who have yet to debut, so one of Wills, Smith, Philips, Crocker, maybe Cox could be a chance. None of them are exactly dominating at VFL level and debuting players at this stage is not likely to be helpful, but I guess we don't have much else available at this point.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:04 am

They say when you have 2 or more debutants, the prospects of winning reduce exponentially, but do remember back to early 2007 after an indifferent start we debuted:

* Alan Toovey (kicked 3 goals) as a Ruck Rover
* Brad Dick
* Shannon Cox

And defeated a rampaging Richmond. So throwing similar caution to the wind, my radical team for Monday would be:

B: Maynard (if fit) Brown Langdon
HB: Varcoe Reid (hopefully fit) Oxley
C: Sidebottom Treloar Aish
HF: De Goey Moore Broomhead
F: Fasolo Cox Crocker (goal kicker)
R: Grundy Pendlebury Adams
ICH: Greenwood, Wills, Howe, Crisp

In:

Cox
Crocker
Maynard
Wills

Out:

* Cloke (hopefully omitted not injured)
* Sinclair
* Toovey
* Blair

E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:23 am

Bucks2014 wrote:
Seriously what can Jesse do that Cox can't? At least Cox puts his body on the line. At worst we finally win the ruck. No more Jesse for me please, a real disappointment.

Maybe we should play both Cox and White. At least then they will have company when they are both no where near where the ball is because neither of them have any ability to read the play. Actually if we tell them both to stand 30 meters apart at all times, there is a chance one of them might luck into a contest.....

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:19 am

E wrote:
Bucks2014 wrote:

Maybe we should play both Cox and White. At least then they will have company when they are both no where near where the ball is because neither of them have any ability to read the play. Actually if we tell them both to stand 30 meters apart at all times, there is a chance one of them might luck into a contest.....

Reckon your being harsh on cox, along with a few other posters.

He's been pretty solid last two weeks in the 2's. His second efforts are great and he's been winning hit outs and putting it down broomheads throat.

He may be slightly undercooked, but at present he offers as much if not more than some of the could have beens rolling around in the seniors.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:13 pm

OK, it's time to make a big statement at the selection table this week. We need to pick a team of goers.

Changes up forward.

Regardless of his injury status, we must drop Cloke this week. We know he misses shots on goal, but what's unforgivable is that he's taken only 3 contested marks in 4 games. This from the guy touted as the best contested mark in the AFL. He should be dropped.

I'd also drop Howe. The guy is either not fit enough or else he simply has no engine as he can't get to enough contests. I also think he's soft. He needs to be dropped to let him know he has to earn his spot and fight to hold it.

I'd bring in Cox and plant him in the goal square and let Darcy Moore play at CHF. I'd also bring in 'Barry' Crocker, who is a strong player, a good mark and an excellent goal kicker.

Changes to the midfield

Now that Varcoe is back, giving us run off the backline, hopefully along with Sinclair, we should play Pendles in the guts. I'd also drop Blair, and bring in Broomhead, who had 30 disposals in the VFL on the weekend. He adds some class to our midfield. Broomhead can also spend time up forward as he is a good crumber. Wills should also be considered, as he is powerfully built and apparently played a great game for the VFL. I'm not sure who we might drop to make way for him.

On notice

Greenwood, Crisp and Aish need to lift considerably or their spots will come under close scrutiny. Greenwood, in particular, needs to get a lot more of the ball, as he is a very experienced player.

From now on, reputations mean nothing. If players don't give their all for the cause then they must be replaced by players who will.

In: Cox, Broomhead, Wills, Crocker

Out: Cloke, Blair, Howe, plus one of Greenwood/Crisp/Aish.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:20 pm

i would cut aish some slack given he is still learning the systems. looks like he can a good grab and is versatile. had 20 disposals, possessions, carlton draughts or whatever the current terminology is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 4 of 28   

Jump to: