Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Conversation with Trav's dad.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stoliboy wrote:
5150 wrote:
didick wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
5150 wrote:
I wish you had have asked "as the manager of the clubs hugest paid player, why is he playing with blokes on minimum chips and drink cards?"
"When do you expect him to do the job he is highly paid for"

Pretty sick of this one way street, players need to be accountable for their actions.

It's the "game plans" fault that Trav can't kick a goal from 25m out directly in front...

Trav could never kick a goal from 25m out!
Still won a flag with him like that.

Frankly, if he even had a chance of having the ball delivered to him in that vicinity i would be over the moon. It hasn't looked a chance to anyone in our forward 50 this season. May as well blame Trav for the coast to coast goals we gave up a few times each game. Oh and those inside 50 marks our opponents keep getting, uncontested. Week in week out. F$ck you Trav!! Please.. Rolling Eyes

Lighten up Francis, just wanted to know how come he can't kick goals when the opportunity arrives, it seems players are not even bothering to look for him as he is now a liability in front of goal.

Perhaps we need to drop Cloke to the 3rds Very Happy

Craigieburn it is then. Pappa Cloke will be over the moon when Trav joins Cam & Jas there.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:44 am

HAL wrote:
I've heard of it before.

Boom!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:20 am

When I have heard the press bombarding Nathan about Travis what I have heard is staunch support and loyalty.
I remember vividly Nathan applauding long and loud last year in coaches box when Travis got 2 free kicks in one quarter. He is in no way, anti-Cloke.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:23 am

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
When I have heard the press bombarding Nathan about Travis what I have heard is staunch support and loyalty.
I remember vividly Nathan applauding long and loud last year in coaches box when Travis got 2 free kicks in one quarter. He is in no way, anti-Cloke.

No, but the players are anti-Buckley and so are a lot of supporters.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:26 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
No, but the players are anti-Buckley

What proof is there of this?

leaderless2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:31 am

More rubbish from supporters trying to stir the pot.

Not saying I'm happy with how things are going, nor am I saying there wont be a need for a coaching change later in the season, but using people's names to contrive a rubbish story in hope of fanning the flame is gutless.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:33 am

Queue the Buckley haters, posters keep a record of this thread if you need to ignore people.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:00 am
Post subject: Re: Conversation with Trav's dad.Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Basically sat next to him toady at the VFL.
Good to see his mum and sister turn up as well.
At the end of the game I asked him a few questions.
The first one was one that has perplexed
me for a number of years.
I ask why did Leigh Mathews would always take him off the ball just as he was getting going.
He just said it was what the coaching staff wanted.
It perplexed him as well.
For those who don't know David Cloke he was a star at Pie land and you only have to go and look at his Brownlow votes to see how good he was.
Second I asked about why Trav got screwed by the Umps.
He said he was staggered how he got treated and there were a few classic examples today.
Third I asked about his thoughts on Bux's coaching.
He refused to answer the question but his body language was interesting.
He then added that if the Pies lost Anzac day then Bux may well be sacked.
Now that was an interesting comment.
He also said he was amazed how we took players off who had to sprint 80 yards and then they got 2 minutes break and they did another 80 yard sprint back to their position.
He was diplomatic in some of his answers but I think I got his drift.

David was a wonderful - and very reliable - player for Collingwood. A thorough professional. Every time I have seen people write unkind things about him in his role representing his boys, I have felt a deeply unpleasant disturbance in the force.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:49 am

Demir is a douchebag.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:14 pm

5150 wrote:
didick wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
5150 wrote:
I wish you had have asked "as the manager of the clubs hugest paid player, why is he playing with blokes on minimum chips and drink cards?"
"When do you expect him to do the job he is highly paid for"

Pretty sick of this one way street, players need to be accountable for their actions.

It's the "game plans" fault that Trav can't kick a goal from 25m out directly in front...

Trav could never kick a goal from 25m out!
Still won a flag with him like that.

Frankly, if he even had a chance of having the ball delivered to him in that vicinity i would be over the moon. It hasn't looked a chance to anyone in our forward 50 this season. May as well blame Trav for the coast to coast goals we gave up a few times each game. Oh and those inside 50 marks our opponents keep getting, uncontested. Week in week out. F$ck you Trav!! Please.. Rolling Eyes

Lighten up Francis, just wanted to know how come he can't kick goals when the opportunity arrives, it seems players are not even bothering to look for him as he is now a liability in front of goal.

I have been to quite a few games over the years where the midfield worked very hard to deliver the ball to Travis when the team was under pressure and the game was in the balance only to see Trav kick a point or kick it out of bounds on the full. After numerous attempts they eventually just give up or are exhausted both mentally and physically and as a result they get run over. over. It must be soul destroying.

Travis has a lot to answer for in this area. That said I think his failure in this area is due to what is going on in his head and is not due to him not trying or caring. It is simply Travis's limitation as a footballer.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:30 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:

No, but the players are anti-Buckley and so are a lot of supporters.

A lot of supporters, yes, but there's zero evidence that any of the players are anti-Buckley.

You can't just draw a line between form and how the players feel about the coach, have the Freo players all suddenly decided they are anti Ross Lyon? Have the Tigger players all given up on Hardwick?

By all means have an opinion but don't state it as a fact when it clearly isn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: