Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:
Cloke won't be ready to play in the senior side this side of the bye at the earliest. He's not only out of form but injured, which was why he was dropped from the VFL last week. He lost feeling in his legs, which is serious stuff.

Buckley has already said he wants Cloke to be "over-ready" when he comes back in; and Balme was on SEN this morning saying they don't want to bring him back in only to fail.

So when he's consistently getting a clutch of contested marks, and kicking a bag of goals, week on week in the VFL then start to anticipate his return. Until then he's a no-show.

First, though, he needs to get his back injury right.

Thanks. That's useful information. How long has he had the back problem - wasn't it his back that was troubling him in the second half of 2015?

Here's Balme's view on Cloke on radio this morning.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/05-16/neil-balme-on-cloke-s-confidence-eddie#fmUyCBmMXOSDDv93.97

How long has he had the back injury? Probably for years one way or another. He's an old war horse. Just that its caught up with him now and its part of his lack of confidence.

Ta for the link, Woods.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:
Cloke won't be ready to play in the senior side this side of the bye at the earliest. He's not only out of form but injured, which was why he was dropped from the VFL last week. He lost feeling in his legs, which is serious stuff.

Buckley has already said he wants Cloke to be "over-ready" when he comes back in; and Balme was on SEN this morning saying they don't want to bring him back in only to fail.

So when he's consistently getting a clutch of contested marks, and kicking a bag of goals, week on week in the VFL then start to anticipate his return. Until then he's a no-show.

Thanks. That's useful information. How long has he had the back problem - wasn't it his back that was troubling him in the second half of 2015?

http://www.sen.com.au/news/05-16/neil-balme-on-cloke-s-confidence-eddie#fmUyCBmMXOSDDv93.97

How long has he had the back injury? Probably for years one way or another. He's an old war horse. Just that its caught up with him now and its part of his lack of confidence.

Ta for the link, Woods.

You can listen to the whole 15 mins interview here if you can stand some of KB's banter: http://www.sen.com.au/audio#yxHrf3HrjiEBfPBb.97
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:42 pm

Geez I'm really torn with the Cloke situation
On one hand he hasn't shown anything near enough to get s recall into the team on the other hand I don't want to see Moore destroyed like we did Fraser with a young body.
If Cloke's injured then so be it but I would still be tempted to play him and like I posted earlier just show him some love
I think he's at his best when he feels wanted, needed and loved.
Personally I don't care if he doesn't kick a goal if he crashes some packs and keeps the big hardened bodies away from Moore I would be happy.
As for the backline moving Cloke in would allow us to send White back gives us more experience down back and another big body
There small running mids are there biggest asset and someone needs to go to Hanley and stop him he provides so much of there run
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:49 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Geez I'm really torn with the Cloke situation
On one hand he hasn't shown anything near enough to get s recall into the team on the other hand I don't want to see Moore destroyed like we did Fraser with a young body.
If Cloke's injured then so be it but I would still be tempted to play him and like I posted earlier just show him some love
I think he's at his best when he feels wanted, needed and loved.
Personally I don't care if he doesn't kick a goal if he crashes some packs and keeps the big hardened bodies away from Moore I would be happy.
As for the backline moving Cloke in would allow us to send White back gives us more experience down back and another big body
There small running mids are there biggest asset and someone needs to go to Hanley and stop him he provides so much of there run

What's there to be "torn" about? He's not fit, so he can't play. If he doesn't get back to full fitness maybe he can't play any good footy anymore. If he does get fully fit, he's the best contested ball KPF we've had since Todd.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Woods wrote:

Ta for the link, Woods.

You can listen to the whole 15 mins interview here if you can stand some of KB's banter: http://www.sen.com.au/audio#yxHrf3HrjiEBfPBb.97

i like kb.

i did once ask balme if he could give kb a clip around the ears the next time he was at sen.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:42 pm

So we know if the side has left Melbourne yet? Can anyone confirm that Cloke hasn't travelled with them?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Damien wrote:
So we know if the side has left Melbourne yet? Can anyone confirm that Cloke hasn't travelled with them?

Maybe someone on here that's attending Friday training at the Gabba might chime in with a report.

From the CFC website: Be there when the Magpies train at the Gabba ahead of their clash with Brisbane.
The players will go through their paces between 4.45pm and 5.45pm on Friday 13 May, before signing autographs around the boundary line after the session.
All supporters are encouraged to attend to spur the players on before Saturday's match.

Anyone going?
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Damien wrote:

Taken from the Herald Sun.

SPEAKING of Travis Cloke, suggestions he could be a surprise late inclusion to take on Brisbane on Saturday are off the mark.

Cloke was not on the plane to Brisbane today and is no certainty to play in the VFL after pulling out last week with a back problem.

In better news for the Pies, Taylor Adams and Travis Varcoe are certain starters after overcoming injuries.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Damien wrote:

Taken from the Herald Sun.

SPEAKING of Travis Cloke, suggestions he could be a surprise late inclusion to take on Brisbane on Saturday are off the mark.

Cloke was not on the plane to Brisbane today and is no certainty to play in the VFL after pulling out last week with a back problem.

In better news for the Pies, Taylor Adams and Travis Varcoe are certain starters after overcoming injuries.

Thanks.

Buckley speaks briefly about Cloke and where he's at in this video report from Melb airport before departing for Brissy.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-13/the-source-bound-for-brisbane
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:50 pm

I'm backing Bucks all the way. Injuries or no injuries, it's now up to the players to stand and deliver. Go Pies!
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:54 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm backing Bucks all the way. Injuries or no injuries, it's now up to the players to stand and deliver. Go Pies!

Here here!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Culprit wrote:
My Analysis and why I say Don’t tip them, Reid out so KPP is down to 4 players. People wonder why the Pies are getting pumped, here is my take.

This weeks team with experience.

Oxley (9), Toovey (155), Smith (3)
Sinclair (55), Frost (49), Maynard (14)

Centre Line
Varcoe (162), Treloar (86), Sidey (148)

Forward Line
De Goey (23), Moore (16), Jane White (109)
Fas (76), Cox (3), Blair (129)

Followers

Grundy (47), Pendles (221), Adams (66)

Interchange
Greenwood (89), Crisp (47), Howe (105), Crocker (1)

(Games) in Experience in Key Positions is what is killing them. They get some back this week with Varcoe. If they win the contest out of the middle which I think they can and then no one takes a mark and then they struggle to lock the ball in the forward line and there is no Swan or Elliot to kick goals (Fas is hot and cold). The opposition then get control and quickly go over the midfield and open up the young backline which can’t cope. With Reid out they are even younger so I expect Brisbane to kick 20 goals this week.

Buckley is trying to keep the ball low, short passes and handballs but the pressure on young guys creates turnovers then again it’s the back six that has to do the job. They are simply young and can’t cope. They are gaining great experience but that old saying, experience wins games and they haven’t got much out there. We used to have a great back six as they played every week and the back was a settled line up. Pretty much like the froward line.

Cloke is named as an emergency, my thoughts with Reid out he will come in.

iMass injuries have cruelled our season, fifteen isn't it, we get one back, and two more go down. But, I think we can win this, I dunno how, but I think the boys can and will do it, the Brisvegas Bears don't really worry me one iota. Go Pies. Razz Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:16 pm

^^Didn't know Cloke was a definite out and that makes this game tough. I hope I am wrong. We will know tomorrow night I guess.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Culprit wrote:

This weeks team with experience.

Oxley (9)

Edit: Oxley (25)

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Bucks is a man of great conviction. He's stuck to his guns on Cloke, putting long term plans ahead of coaching to save himself. Respect. We'll win this game. I expect to see our players go f'ing hard on Saturday night and show some bloody pride in the black and white jumper.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18   

Jump to: