Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Lions. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies by nineteen points, brisvegas bears are not great up at the gabba anymore, a very average team at best, coached by the red pimple. Yes, we can and should win this one.!

except when they beat the gold coast and ran sydney to three points earlier this season.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:03 am

Far out. How?
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:42 am

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Pies by nineteen points, brisvegas bears are not great up at the gabba anymore, a very average team at best, coached by the red pimple. Yes, we can and should win this one.!

except when they beat the gold coast and ran sydney to three points earlier this season.

Agreed John Wren - their form away from home has been pretty ordinary but at the Gabba it has been a lot better than what the Pies have produced this year thus far!

Pies deserve to be underdogs - but could still win this game - the start is crucial… we have to start this game as we did on Anzac day. Giving them a lead will build their confidence and get the crowd into the game - we can't keep giving teams a first quarter confidence booster!

After Buckley's comments I expect the players to come out and play harder footy and win the contests or be very competitive at the very least! Hopefully our mids can get on top and give us a chance. If we win it will be close - Pies by 3 points Smile

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:47 am

after suggesting that if we lost we should shut up shop and go follow gws i will not provide a tip. i will be watching my new boys play the suns at spotless stadium where they should win comfortably.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:56 am

John Wren wrote:
after suggesting that if we lost we should shut up shop and go follow gas i will not provide a tip. i will be watching my new boys play the suns at spotless stadium where they should win comfortably.

Never…

even in the darkest days the seeds of victory are being sowed - whether you want Bux to stay or not whether you agree with what Eddie has done or is doing or Pert or the players or whoever - we are still Collingwood and the Magpie Army will find voice once again! We will be back because the wheel always turns if you keep pushing…

The joy when we cam from nowhere (the bottom) to the finals back in 2002 was sensational - I remember some pretty pathetic performances back in the late 90's but the club came through it and some of the wins - especially that win against Port against the odds will still be a fav because we came from nowhere and built a team out of the depths of despair and when they won it was pure joy - it provided the pre-cursor for the premiership glory later on

You can go and support the shiny AFL play-things who have been given the silver spoon treatment or back the team that will give you joy and bring misery to every other supporter in the comp! Cool

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:00 am

mister yy. the philosophy of never giving up runs deep in me.
but I may need some more wise words when I need to explain
to the tinlids why there beloved pies seemed to do just that tonight.
don't make me do it pies.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:07 am

Fellow Qld pies supporters, best ideas on getting to the ground? Gabba is in such a crappy spot for public transport, let alone parking.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:20 am

simon tonna wrote:
mister yy. the philosophy of never giving up runs deep in me.
but I may need some more wise words when I need to explain
to the tinlids why there beloved pies seemed to do just that tonight.
don't make me do it pies.

I am hoping we start to see some more fight in our boys - it is one thing we seem to have done well over the years - until the injuries have struck! All I can say is injuries have seemingly destroyed the team resolve… maybe they need a reality check- they are not a good team and need to fight like hell to get the respect of the comp - even if that is a fight they will lose!

In the end things will turn around and that steel will be very handy in a team full of confidence!

Ultimately you learn a lot about yourself through your losses… how we react when confronted by failure shapes our being, some may - bury their heads - rant and rave - sook - think about other things - put all things in perspective - or fight like hell and know you can give no more…

Collingwood is built upon a extreme mix of success and failure - we have a team that has won more games of footy than any other with one of the most successful premiership teams of all time - yet we are also cursed by finals failures with the colliwobble label used against the clubs psyche.

Through the good times and bad the Pies players and most importantly the supporters have shown enormous faith - in the club - in the jumper… it transcends logic. We had more people attend our games in 2000 than Essendon - we came off a spoon and the were flag favs! Stick phat!!! Have faith we are Collingwood - this is not just footy this is our religion Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18   

Jump to: