Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox stays IMO, and he stays for the rest of the year, this is a development season now.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
58pie 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:38 am

Thank God Toovey went off , that spoil in the second quarter was pathetic and he only had one disposal till then. [i]<snip, this is unhelpful and unessecary - bbmods>[/i]
Blair and Jessie can join him.
When is Bucks going to pick a real fair dinkum side on form, flaiir and class and not favorites.
Go Pies & Cloke must be coming back.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:01 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Well, i missed the last quarter so i'm prepared to stand corrected. But in the three quarters i saw, i thought he turned it over far too often, as he did last week. If not Maynard, then Oxley.

If you missed the last quarter you missed Maynard thumping the ground in disgust when the Bulldogs kicked the sealer goal. Those are the sort of players you want playing for you.

I tend to prefer the players who stop the sealers being kicked.

Except that it wasn't Maynard's opponent who kicked the goal.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:00 am

I dont think we'll see any omissions for this game. Just outs due to injury.

Replacing Toovey:
Tooves was one Pie, and this could be argued, that was probably on the verge of being left out of the best 22 this year.

Sinclair could come in to plug a spot in the back pocket, but he has had some concussion concerns of his own lately. Then you have Williams, but is he ready to come back into the seniors? Langdons ankle is probably not ready yet either.

Marsh, who was an emergency, will probably get the nod here.

Replacing Moore:
The obvious choice is Cloke. I cant see Bucks going in without brining Cloke in for Moore. Witts is another tall, but you cant play 3 ruckmen can you? Goldsack is another that could be asked to play in Moores place, but surly its Cloke.

So yeah, Cloke.

Replacing Adams:
Another tough task. Adams is central to our teams guts. Macaffer has the hard body and experience, but his form at AFL level early on was not good. He has been good at VFL level recently, but do we look to the younger Aish? Can Sinclair play a midfield role?

I think Aish, but I am concerned about replacing Adams hardness at the ball.

Replacing Fasolo:
Will be difficult to replace. He has been a shining light for us this year. I thought he would poll well in the Copeland, but we'll see how many games he misses, if any at all.

Who can kick the goals? I suppose Macaffer was a small forward back in his day. We haven't really seen him up forward for a while, it's an idea. Goldsack can play in the forward line too, it's just he is the wrong type of forward to replace Fas. I guess I'm feeling forced to pick Caff, who I guess could rotate with Aish if he were to replace Adams.

All the factors:
The emergencies from yesterday:
Witts, Marsh & Sinclair.

Been in good VFL form (Last 2 weeks):
Macaffer, Goldsack, Aish, Witts & Marsh.

Others playing VFL:
Wills, Phillips & Goodyear

Coming back from injury (& probably not ready for AFL):
Brown, Williams, Gault & Wills.

Still injured:
Broomhead (2 Weeks)
Langdon (2 Weeks)
Elliott (Season)
Ramsay (Season)
Scharenberg (Season)
Swan (Season).

So I have:
Marsh for Toovey.
Aish for Adams.
Cloke for Moore.
And Macaffer for Fasolo.

Sinclair, Witts and Goldsack unlucky. With Brown & Williams needing another week of VFL.

Hopefully some of our guys pull up ok and we arent force to make four changes, but what do you think? (Kind of expecting some grief for picking Caff).

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:06 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Well, i missed the last quarter so i'm prepared to stand corrected. But in the three quarters i saw, i thought he turned it over far too often, as he did last week. If not Maynard, then Oxley.

I thought he was a rock of Gibralter all day and put in his best game yet for us.

The Rock of Gi Gaultar???

www.facebook/the hybernators
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:24 am

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
the obvious question: does the selection committee hold their nerve or give trav a call up. moore with a suspected broken collarbone.

That'd be a shame for Moore, thought that was his best game YTD.

Bloody injury curse gave us a couple of weeks off but hit back with a vengeance today.

Wait and see who comes up but you'd reckon Witts, Marsh, Sinclair, Aish, Goodyear, and Cloke all in the mix for a call-up.

Not sure why Maynard is copping so much critisism, thought today was easily his best game in 2016.

Cox battled hard but had little impact, Grundy started well but faded after 1/4 time. Couldn't grab a pack mark between them when needed.

I was also clearly watching a different Blair than some, thought he was fantastic today.

I guess we'll get Brown and Wills back at VFL level, Langdon and Broomhead an outside chance. Who knows when Gault will return.

Shame Melbourne had to run Port back into some sort of form, it doesn't get any easier.

Good old Blairy most of his disposals were missing the target.
Yeah he was terrific... great call Jackcass.

Last edited by thompsoc on Mon May 30, 2016 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:24 am

Serioulsy how many more injuries can we get this is just cursed luck
Hope none of them are season ending but if Moore has fractured shoulder put him on ice until 2017. If Adams hammy is a bad one ice him down too
Hopefully Toovey comes up but I'm guessing not as we are super caution with head knocks
Maybe Fas will be ok might just be some bruising
We might need Cloke now even though he hasn't won his spot back the way the coaches wanted
Marsh is a logical in if Toovey misses
Maybe Sinclair gets a game as a small forward in place of Fas his run might be handy also if needed down back
No logical like for like replacement for Adams means we might have to get creative. Wouldn't mind seeing Maynard get a run in the centre his hard body and determination might be the tonic for our woe and give him a new look at the game
Port have been up and down so this winnable even with our injury concerns
Let's pray no one else goes down during the week or we might be in real trouble
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:28 am

If Nathan Brown is fit he has to be considered as Frost isn't strong enough for Dixon. Cloke should come in if Moore doesn't get up. I wouldnt mind seeing what Marsh could offer us with the odd run through the midfield as his size could hurt a few port players. Adams is a big loss and is always good against Port.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:46 am

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
the obvious question: does the selection committee hold their nerve or give trav a call up. moore with a suspected broken collarbone.

Bloody injury curse gave us a couple of weeks off but hit back with a vengeance today.

Wait and see who comes up but you'd reckon Witts, Marsh, Sinclair, Aish, Goodyear, and Cloke all in the mix for a call-up.

Not sure why Maynard is copping so much critisism, thought today was easily his best game in 2016.

Cox battled hard but had little impact, Grundy started well but faded after 1/4 time. Couldn't grab a pack mark between them when needed.

I was also clearly watching a different Blair than some, thought he was fantastic today.

I guess we'll get Brown and Wills back at VFL level, Langdon and Broomhead an outside chance. Who knows when Gault will return.

Shame Melbourne had to run Port back into some sort of form, it doesn't get any easier.

Good old Blairy got 3 kicks and 7 handballs and most of those were missing the target.
Yeah he was terrific... great call Jackcass.

i too thought blair was good, particularly his work off the ball.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 am

[quote="John Wren"]
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:

i too thought blair was good, particularly his work off the ball.

Yes he didn't get the ball which is the main game for a small forward.
What is that now..... 8 or so goals in 10 matches and most people think he has had a better year than the last few years.
God help us!
So he is on track for his usual annual average of around 12 to 15.
OMG!

Last edited by thompsoc on Mon May 30, 2016 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
On the March 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:36 am

Goodyear would be very close to getting a game - his last game in VFL against quality opposition:

"27. Matthew Goodyear
Statistics: 15 kicks, 3 marks, 13 handballs, 28 disposals, 5 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 6 rebound 50s, 7 tackles
Notes: Goodyear has gone from being a part-time midfielder in his first year to now being one of the VFL Magpies’ most valuable players in the middle of the ground. He led all Collingwood player’s with 28 possessions, while also topping the tackle count with seven. Adding to his ball-winning ability was a knack of finding the goals. Twice he found something out of nothing to give the Magpies’ much needed majors."
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 am

58pie wrote:
Thank God Toovey went off , that spoil in the second quarter was pathetic and he only had one disposal till then. <snip, this is unessecary and unhelpful - bbmods>
Blair and Jessie can join him.
When is Bucks going to pick a real fair dinkum side on form, flaiir and class and not favorites.
Go Pies & Cloke must be coming back.

You're just a <snip> really, what sort of <snip, you're better than that - bbmods> actually wishing for these things?

Last edited by jackcass on Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:12 am

Assuming Cox keeps his spot, here's my suggested changes:

Out: Toovey (inj), Fasolo (inj), Moore (inj), Adams (inj)

In: Brown, Sinclair, Marsh, Cloke
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:18 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Assuming Cox keeps his spot, here's my suggested changes:

Out: Toovey (inj), Fasolo (inj), Moore (inj), Adams (inj)

In: Brown, Sinclair, Marsh, Cloke

Yeah good ins , but Goodyear could be handy as Jackass suggested!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:18 am

Moore and Adams clearly won't be available but I'm still hopeful Faz and Tooves will be okay to play against the power. See how they go during the week. Might only be the 2 changes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17   

Jump to: