Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Demons. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even care anymore

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:32 pm

think positive wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:
No interest sorry

When you can't make finals, a lot of the life goes out of me as a fan

I'll watch, but the result is irrelevant if you can't play finals

Care factor comes back in 2017

Don't forget to remove the prickles from your arse mate!

Yes the pons ford will be quite bare I'm guessing! We will be there! Support my boys, support a good cause, and best of all, spend the day with my daughter. Cheers

No prickles mate, just being honest!

My highest interest in footy (or sport) is when something is on the line

If we can't make finals, I lose interest

Doesn't mean I won't watch, but if there's nothing on the line, it's not the same

I hope you have a great day at the footy, I admire people that still go and support...

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:16 pm

just watched the replay again (yes I'm a sucker for punishment)
But a couple things struck me
After half time we had next to no run. Wonder how much the game against the dogs took out of us ?
Our more experienced players made some of the worst mistakes
Pendles had 3 or 4 horrible handballs or kicks, Treloar missed targets by huge margins, Sidey had hardly any of it after half time and when he did it wasn't used well, Varcoe was iffy all day with his disposal.
Not wanting to single them out but they are experienced players (OK Treloar isn't as experienced as the others) and there examples set a tone among the group.
Cloke wasn't actually to bad he worked hard off the ball a lot without much luck conditions didn't really suit his style.
The other glaring thing was how we were so stagnent around the ball. Port played front and centre and basically gave up the hit outs but made sure they had men on the move at all contests. Our players were often standing still when there opponents run off
Lastly our defence agains went to playing a zone and it was highlighted at half time we set up our zone according to a pre arranged area and to hell with the opposition. Time and again as the ball is bounced in the centre square Dixon or Young or Wingard just jogged towards the goal square and we were left with 3 players zoning a area of ground with only 1 opponent anywhere near it. It's just plain dumb football
Zoning the way we do it doesn't work and needs to change
Don't know what changes will come this week I'm in 2 minds do we make changes and see what happens going with more disruption or let the players who played last week redeem themselves ?
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:35 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
After half time we had next to no run. Wonder how much the game against the dogs took out of us ?
Pendles had 3 or 4 horrible handballs or kicks, Treloar missed targets by huge margins, Sidey had hardly any of it after half time and when he did it wasn't used well, Varcoe was iffy all day with his disposal.
Not wanting to single them out but they are experienced players (OK Treloar isn't as experienced as the others) and there examples set a tone among the group.
Cloke wasn't actually to bad he worked hard off the ball a lot without much luck conditions didn't really suit his style.
The other glaring thing was how we were so stagnent around the ball. Port played front and centre and basically gave up the hit outs but made sure they had men on the move at all contests. Our players were often standing still when there opponents run off
Lastly our defence agains went to playing a zone and it was highlighted at half time we set up our zone according to a pre arranged area and to hell with the opposition. Time and again as the ball is bounced in the centre square Dixon or Young or Wingard just jogged towards the goal square and we were left with 3 players zoning a area of ground with only 1 opponent anywhere near it. It's just plain dumb football
Don't know what changes will come this week I'm in 2 minds do we make changes and see what happens going with more disruption or let the players who played last week redeem themselves ?

... And we kicked 2.7 in the 2nd quarter. Something tells me if we kicked 6.3 instead it's a totally different ball game - including extra legs. Really sh** me the way the Power at times barely looked like they were jogging. It was a training run so perhaps your musings about how much the Dogs game took out of us may be on the money.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:20 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

... And we kicked 2.7 in the 2nd quarter. Something tells me if we kicked 6.3 instead it's a totally different ball game - including extra legs. Really sh** me the way the Power at times barely looked like they were jogging. It was a training run so perhaps your musings about how much the Dogs game took out of us may be on the money.

That 2nd term killed us more than people realise. As you say we kick 6-3 and were in front at half time and the players have a spring in there step. Instead they've watched us miss at one end and it go so quickly the other way and they kick a goal. We played well in the second term we were the better side except on the scoreboard and that's the only place it counts.
Every important stat for the game we won. If you hadn't watched the game and just read the stats sheet you would believe we won and maybe win easily
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:17 am

It surely would not have taken long for the coaching staff to make moves but none were made in changing from the crappy zone and guarding space footy.

www.facebook/the hybernators
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 am

OUTS:

Goodyear must be dropped. At this stage he is simply not up to AFL standard.

Oxley is too slow and lacks physicality and his intercepting marking role is being done better by Howe and Reid.

Frost is being exposed and is a very limited footballer.

Ins:

Phillips - is fast, a good mark and has footy smarts.

Marsh - is our future and now needs extended senior footy to establish himself.

Brown - should be recalled and given an opportunity to prove his worth. Hopefully getting dropped was the kick up the arse he needed.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I agree with those changes Rude boy
Aish and Williams are also in the mix and need to return to the senior side soon. Also the sack will need to be tried again. Langdon was disappointing earlier and he is behind Marsh in the queue to get back in for mine.
Smith Toovey and Blair might need to make way for them at some stage.
What about Witts? I think they might have ruled a line through his name and we'll see him play in other colours next year.
Finals are gone but the remaining games are still important for the future. Hopefully the extra day will see them come out with more zip and play the game right out. It won't be easy though as the ds have won comfortably the last two games. Lets look for Cloke to get off the leash and lead a pies victory by 17.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:18 pm

After long and patient thought, I simply cannot see us winning this one. We simply are too undermanned, too many key players out, and the Deeees are now nearly full strength. Moore, Fas, Taylor adams, is massive losses, we cannot cover them in my opinon, we just cant. We have run out of personnel, simple as that. I do expect us to have a red hot go however, and play far better than last week, wed damn well want too, but I cant see us winning this, and even Freo looks a danger game now, they have come good.

Hope I am wrong, but for me, its the Deeees by 17 points or so.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:21 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
OUTS:

Goodyear must be dropped. At this stage he is simply not up to AFL standard.

Oxley is too slow and lacks physicality and his intercepting marking role is being done better by Howe and Reid.

Frost is being exposed and is a very limited footballer.

Ins:

Phillips - is fast, a good mark and has footy smarts.

Marsh - is our future and now needs extended senior footy to establish himself.

Brown - should be recalled and given an opportunity to prove his worth. Hopefully getting dropped was the kick up the arse he needed.

Hard to argue against those changes. Ox has had a couple of down weeks and I think Marsh offers a better matchup for a Frost or Watts type.

Not sure if Brown is ready but he seemed okay on Saturday. Hope he is as we'll need him to take either Dawes or Hogan. Can't see it being at the expense of Frost but alternatives are harder to find. Maybe De Goey gets a rest or Crocker is an unlucky exclusion.

Phillip's form merits inclusion. Would love to see Goody get a block of senior games to see if he can make the jump but it's just not a luxury we can afford at this stage.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Buckley, check!

Coffin, check!

Nail, check!

Hammer, check!

Now to wait for the result.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Dees by a solid 8 goals.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:29 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Buckley, check!

Coffin, check!

Nail, check!

Hammer, check!

White ants, check!!

Coach wreckers, check!

Buckley bashers/haters, check!

Pretend Collingwood fans, check!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Lazza wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Buckley, check!

Coffin, check!

Nail, check!

Hammer, check!

White ants, check!!

Coach wreckers, check!

Seriously I can only laugh when I read posts like this Laughing
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:57 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Lazza wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Buckley, check!

Coffin, check!

Nail, check!

Hammer, check!

White ants, check!!

Coach wreckers, check!

Seriously I can only laugh when I read posts like this Laughing

Yeah Buckley bashing/hating is just a fun game for some...... Rolling Eyes Such fabulous bloody humour.... Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17   

Jump to: