Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match: Pies vs Eagles - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Disappointed that Fas is out with his injured shoulder again. If it keeps recurring, it may be best to get it operated on and have him cherry ripe for next year. Crocker was the logical replacement, so I hope he kicks a couple of goals.

Rapt to see Rupert Wills get his opportunity. I hope he gets to play some time on the ball. He could turn out to be our best debutant of the year.

Yep, 3 pretty important outs in terms of what they bring to the side. Good luck to Wills on debut. Good to see De Goey and Crocker back.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:42 pm

Good to see "your man" Blair out too
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Concerned about forward pressure (lack thereof with Blair being out and no defensive forward in his place) and also the absence of anyone to shark the ball at ground level in the forward line. For both these reasons, I find it hard to imagine where our goals are coming from. Cloke and White have to apply immense pressure and someone of unknown identity as yet has to be ready to pounce on the ball when it hits the ground.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Concerned about forward pressure (lack thereof with Blair being out and no defensive forward in his place) and also the absence of anyone to shark the ball at ground level in the forward line. For both these reasons, I find it hard to imagine where our goals are coming from. Cloke and White have to apply immense pressure and someone of unknown identity as yet has to be ready to pounce on the ball when it hits the ground.

Well what an appropriate time to find out if the forward line functions without Blair. If we do somehow beat this mob, then I don't expect to see him in the seniors any time soon.

inxs88 wrote:
Wow just got censored on Nick's site here for having a go at a guy who was having a go at my post!! Wow, didn't know that calling someone a "contrarian" was akin to calling Stalin a monster in The Pravda.

The KGB has traced your IP address and are just about at your doorstep.
It is too late to run, or to cancel your subscription to Pravda.
Your best hope is an Anne Franker, low key in the roof for a while eh?

Skids wrote:
Just saw Priddis in perth, 1430hr WST.....is he out?

Well why didn't you just deck him and run?! Confused
And don't crap on about having a sore foot please.... Razz

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:14 am

piedys wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Well what an appropriate time to find out if the forward line functions without Blair. If we do somehow beat this mob, then I don't expect to see him in the seniors any time soon.

inxs88 wrote:
Wow just got censored on Nick's site here for having a go at a guy who was having a go at my post!! Wow, didn't know that calling someone a "contrarian" was akin to calling Stalin a monster in The Pravda.

The KGB has traced your IP address and are just about at your doorstep.
It is too late to run, or to cancel your subscription to Pravda.
Your best hope is an Anne Franker, low key in the roof for a while eh?

Skids wrote:
Just saw Priddis in perth, 1430hr WST.....is he out?

Well why didn't you just deck him and run?! Confused
And don't crap on about having a sore foot please.... Razz

Lol. May just hang out under the floor boards with my Deutsche compadres in avoidance of an angry Christoph Waltz.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:29 am

De Goey and Crocker are good replacements. To put forward pressure on the eagles backline! They both push their weight around and tackle hard! Wouldn't be surprized to see stints of Sidey as a front and square crummer. Sidey can cover territory and at times seems like he is in two places in one time.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:54 am

I've copied this over from the "Another First Gamer" thread, since it may be of interest to some:

Here are Rupert Wills' game by game season statistics in the VFL in 2016:

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&client=1-118-10581-392693-8069633&pID=199680831&news_task=DETAIL

They very helpfully break down his disposal stats each game into effective kicks, ineffective kicks, effective handballs and ineffective handballs. The totals aren't in the link but are, respectively, 73,75,85 and 29. In other words, his kicking effectiveness over his 11 VFL games this year is a little under 50% and he averages about 7 effective kicks and 8 effective handballs per game.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:15 pm

So P4S your saying he's about as skilled as our other players and about 25% better than Sidey then. Well that's a relief 😂

Rudey has spoken highly of his competitive nature which will be welcomed and if memory serves me correctly he has been among the best for the past few weeks according to MB and co watching the games.
He might as well get a run nearly everyone else on the list has is he player 39 or 40 used this season I lost count
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:53 pm

I was really only looking to dampen expectations, so that people cut the kid a little slack if he doesn't look like Nathan Buckley (the player) first time out. If he does, so much the better. But he's not going to kick a 130m goal into a stiff breeze every week (because some weeks, he'll kick two).
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I was really only looking to dampen expectations, so that people cut the kid a little slack if he doesn't look like Nathan Buckley (the player) first time out. If he does, so much the better. But he's not going to kick a 130m goal into a stiff breeze every week (because some weeks, he'll kick two).

I understand your logic for trying to dampen expectations
I would think anything around 50 touches 12 clearances 16 tackles 8 goals (including 2 from the HBF) would be fair return and be looked favourable upon
Just to be sure no one should compare him to Buckely but it has been mentioned that he is a combination of Judd, Ablett Jr. Dangerfield and Lockett nearly rolled into one.
Without putting the cart before the horse go and back him to win the rising star nomination and rising star award plus finish with around 15 Brownlow votes and top 5 finish in the Coleman medal this year
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Bucks reckons we're a chance to win the remaining 5 games (I suppose 1% IS a chance) so the opposite will happen. Yet another winning streak to be broken this weekend.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Good too see us continue the path of playing kids, get game into em all right bloody now, get something positive outa the season. I reckon we can win this one, the weagles are all at sea on the G, they cant play it and get stagefright, so I reckon we can win by around seventeen points.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:22 am

Pleased to see Wills named. After consistent performances in the reserves, it's a good time to see him get his chance at the highest level.

With Fasolo gone again, I'm of the opinion that we should strongly consider ending his season now and preparing him for his 2017 season. Returning for one game and then going out again aggravating his shoulder injury isn't helping him whatsoever.

The Eagles have struggled lately so I think this is a winnable game. The Eagles were lucky to beat Melbourne last week and they haven't beaten us at the MCG since 1995.

Watching League Teams last night, it was interesting to see how much the Eagles have declined in certain areas since round 11 compared to last year where they ended up playing off in the Grand Final.

Contested Possession Differential
- 2015 = #1
- 2016 (since round 11) = #16

Disposal Differential
- 2015 = #5
- 2016 (since round 11) = #17

Time in Possession Differential
- 2015 = #2
- 2016 (since round 11) = #15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: