Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How far could "this" team go in 2017?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

woftam wrote:
Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
The club believes it can win the 2017 Premiership...all planning for past 3 years has centered around that objective.

We are not even close to being a premiership challenger & wont be next year either.

Yeah I rad that and then was surprised by the moniker, I thought it was the sarcasm King for sure!

I had so much hope for this year. Pfffft. Annnnd it's gone.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
The club believes it can win the 2017 Premiership...all planning for past 3 years has centered around that objective.

in the words of every AFL footballer......

YEAH NAH
The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:30 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Sir Alan of Didak wrote:

in the words of every AFL footballer......

YEAH NAH

Vince McMahons theme song No Chance In Hell is playing for that particular 2017 "goal"...

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:54 pm

MP magpie wrote:
8th if cards fall our way.

*assuming current coach remains.

The only things that fall our way are soft-tissie injuries, ACLs, ladders to walk under, black cats and assorted media storms in tea cups.

I doubt the players have the motivation or incentive to improve their disposal over the pre-season. It hasn't happened under Buckley's reign, so probability says it won't happen over the next summer campaign either.

Big Dan 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Lots of good honest footballers - not enough top end talent to be a genuine threat for some time.

Physically too small, slow and poor of discipline and skill. Bunch of nice guys though.

Not a pessimist, but a realist.

Teams generally spend several seasons in the 8 before they fall out. The only real threat to fall out next year looks to be North. Sides looking to push in are realistically out of Melbourne, Saints, Port, Carlton. Like it or not, these 4 all have at least 1 attribute of the 4 that Collingwood cannot seem to display for more than 2-3 quarters a week.

Big worry for mine is he lack of key posts in the VFL. Moore is too physically immature to hold down the key forward post, I cannot see a replacement for Brown or Reid coming through. Lots of same size & speed utilities though.

I would not be surprised to see the Pies play finals in 2 coaches time (Buckley, successor, then finals coach).
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Big Dan wrote:
Lots of good honest footballers - not enough top end talent to be a genuine threat for some time.

Physically too small, slow and poor of discipline and skill. Bunch of nice guys though.

Not a pessimist, but a realist.

Teams generally spend several seasons in the 8 before they fall out. The only real threat to fall out next year looks to be North. Sides looking to push in are realistically out of Melbourne, Saints, Port, Carlton. Like it or not, these 4 all have at least 1 attribute of the 4 that Collingwood cannot seem to display for more than 2-3 quarters a week.

Big worry for mine is he lack of key posts in the VFL. Moore is too physically immature to hold down the key forward post, I cannot see a replacement for Brown or Reid coming through. Lots of same size & speed utilities though.

I would not be surprised to see the Pies play finals in 2 coaches time (Buckley, successor, then finals coach).

Keeffe is an experienced 204 cm key defender.

He should be fresh after being kept on ice for past 2 years. Embarassed
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:44 pm

piedys wrote:
MP magpie wrote:

The only things that fall our way are soft-tissie injuries, ACLs, ladders to walk under, black cats and assorted media storms in tea cups.

I doubt the players have the motivation or incentive to improve their disposal over the pre-season. It hasn't happened under Buckley's reign, so probability says it won't happen over the next summer campaign either.

A very pessimistic and ultra negative outlook I reckon bro piedys.

I beg to totally differ and offer a realistic version that sees Collingwood fully motivated to start afresh without injuries (or not as many), welcome a few fresh faces to join those youngsters who played seniors over the past 1 - 2 years, welcome Shazza, Elliot, Ramps, Keefe and Thomas (and even maybe Swannie) back and go to town. Not saying that they will be top 4 but might give the top 8 a good nudge.

All depends on one's perspective bro!! Wink

Lets bring just a little sunshine into your cold life... Laughing Cool

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Big Dan wrote:

Fair enough.

In my case, I would not be surprised to see the Pies play finals in 2017. Realistic chance again of being somewhere between 7 - 10 IMHO.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 am

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:

Our age profile and current form suggests we're still 3-4 years away from having a serious chance of winning the premiership in my opinion.

The club has obviously pumped itself up, which is somewhat understandable for PR and membership purposes, but I think it's meant we've overrated ourselves in the process.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:03 am

Been thinking about it but honestly, our club is £$%$ed... the thought of keeping Buckley on next year is totally insane... we _deserve_ to win a wooden spoon, honestly our club does... what a pack of losers.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:28 am

Lazza wrote:
piedys wrote:
MP magpie wrote:

A very pessimistic and ultra negative outlook I reckon bro piedys.

I beg to totally differ and offer a realistic version that sees Collingwood fully motivated to start afresh without injuries (or not as many), welcome a few fresh faces to join those youngsters who played seniors over the past 1 - 2 years, welcome Shazza, Elliot, Ramps, Keefe and Thomas (and even maybe Swannie) back and go to town. Not saying that they will be top 4 but might give the top 8 a good nudge.

All depends on one's perspective bro!! Wink

Lets bring just a little sunshine into your cold life... Laughing Cool

You have Buckleys resignation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: