Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2nd Preliminary Final - Collingwood vs Footscray

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
KenH wrote:
Is there much seating at this ground?

In the Norm Goss stand there is. And there are some seats around the boundary fence. Otherwise, it's standing room.

That being said, I don't think there is anything stopping you from taking a fold-up or camper chair and sitting on it on the big grassy hill...

Nothing like a fold up camper chair to attack some bullfrog fans Roddy piper style either. Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:01 pm

I hope the senior Dogs smash the Dawks, and we beat em in the Magoos Prelim, a nice week end all round that is. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:16 am

jackcass wrote:
Were there any reports from the game yesterday?

Nope.

Might have been a few Dogs a bit lighter in the wallet though, after a nice old dustup in the 2nd quarter...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:25 am

Our total votes sheet for the Liston...

COLLINGWOOD
Benjamin Moloney 9 
Brent Macaffer 8 
James Aish 7 
Jarrod Witts 5 
Jordan Kelly 5 
Jesse White 4 
Rupert Wills 4 
Travis Cloke 4 
Tyson Goldsack 4 
Adam Oxley 3 
Adrian Indovino 3 
Jack Hellier 3 
Marley Williams 3 
Alan Toovey 2
Gus Borthwick 2
Jordan De Goey 2
Lachlan Ferguson 2
Matthew Goodyear 2
Tim Golds 1  

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=47673522

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:51 am

North Port Oval will be a quagmire after all this rain. I would think that would be more to our advantage than the Doggies.

Are there additional matches scheduled like the Development League finals? If so, can they be moved?
mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I hope the senior Dogs smash the Dawks, and we beat em in the Magoos Prelim, a nice week end all round that is. !

It's the best result for us too if the Dogs seniors do win the night before, because they are then likely to rest a few players from the VFL side who may be in contention for senior prelim selection.

So Dogs beat Hawks;

Dogs rest 2-3 senior listed players;

We all head to Etihad next Sunday to watch the VFL Magpies in a grand final. Very Happy
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm

jackcass wrote:
North Port Oval will be a quagmire after all this rain. I would think that would be more to our advantage than the Doggies.

Are there additional matches scheduled like the Development League finals? If so, can they be moved?

The Development League Grand Final is scheduled for Sunday morning, along with the 1st Prelim between Casey and Williamstown.

However, our match comes before them, being on the Saturday, so we get first use of the turf in whatever condition it is in...

There's an outside chance they could move finals matches away from North Port, but you'd think that we would hear about it today at the very latest...

Last edited by MagpieBat on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:52 pm

piedys wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

I did actually nearly trip over an empty brown paper bag on the way in to Princes Park last week. Analysis of the bag with the cowl's Detective Vision mode found a set of finger prints on the paper with a match in the system. The prints belonged to old mate qldmagpie67, no doubt taking the opportunity to top up the end of season Nick's 22 footy trip fund.

In his defence, the old rule of Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers is still on the books, so we might just leave the matter there...

Well, i'm pretty sure I got voted in as treasurer at the last N22 board coup/spill, still mopping up the blood from the floor and table mind you; god it was ugly, like a mess-up collage of Tarantino's Hateful Eight, Django unchained, and Pulp Fiction. The insurance assessor has taken leave.
As treasurer, it is my right to inspect all paper bags for contents, and confiscate, should I feel it necessary, some of the bananas and apples some members were relying on for their lunch.
So should some unaccountable funds unexpectedly materialise from said paper bag, then I will be speaking to our old mate qldmagpie67, and ensuring "no harm" comes his way... [*not until we reach the safe haven of foreign soil anyhoo, then it's ON be-atch]

Dyso ole mate the bag I found was safely sent to you via Australia post. It contents included you should have received if. If you haven't I would be checking the Australia post you can't trust those bums there
Any how's I'm too busy driving around in my new Ferrari purchased on my way home from the VFL the other weekend with my winnings on backing the pies to win (a coincidence I won the exact same amount of money the bag had in it I tell ya)
Ok Dyso get onto Australia post mate and track down those funds
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:21 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
piedys wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

I did actually nearly trip over an empty brown paper bag on the way in to Princes Park last week. Analysis of the bag with the cowl's Detective Vision mode found a set of finger prints on the paper with a match in the system. The prints belonged to old mate qldmagpie67, no doubt taking the opportunity to top up the end of season Nick's 22 footy trip fund.

In his defence, the old rule of Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers is still on the books, so we might just leave the matter there...

Well, i'm pretty sure I got voted in as treasurer at the last N22 board coup/spill, still mopping up the blood from the floor and table mind you; god it was ugly, like a mess-up collage of Tarantino's Hateful Eight, Django unchained, and Pulp Fiction. The insurance assessor has taken leave.
As treasurer, it is my right to inspect all paper bags for contents, and confiscate, should I feel it necessary, some of the bananas and apples some members were relying on for their lunch.
So should some unaccountable funds unexpectedly materialise from said paper bag, then I will be speaking to our old mate qldmagpie67, and ensuring "no harm" comes his way... [*not until we reach the safe haven of foreign soil anyhoo, then it's ON be-atch]

Dyso ole mate the bag I found was safely sent to you via Australia post. It contents included you should have received if. If you haven't I would be checking the Australia post you can't trust those bums there
Any how's I'm too busy driving around in my new Ferrari purchased on my way home from the VFL the other weekend with my winnings on backing the pies to win (a coincidence I won the exact same amount of money the bag had in it I tell ya)
Ok Dyso get onto Australia post mate and track down those funds

Geez, if ya can't rely on Australia Post and Ferrari drivers, then who exactly can you trust... Australia Post tell me it will be a solid week or two tracing the parcel; there's a lot to be said for registered mail.
Okay, so enjoy your new toy then. So glad the Pies got home for you...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Gates open from 12:30pm...

https://twitter.com/MagpieBat/status/775996575621361664

Not sure we'll see this match up on Saturday, but the bloke on the left is going to play a pretty big role if we're to win. Hangs around these parts too... Wink

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:04 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Gates open from 12:30pm...

https://twitter.com/MagpieBat/status/775996575621361664

Not sure we'll see this match up on Saturday, but the bloke on the left is going to play a pretty big role if we're to win. Hangs around these parts too... Wink

And if we lose; just torch the joint?

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:37 am

MagpieBat wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Were there any reports from the game yesterday?

Nope.

Might have been a few Dogs a bit lighter in the wallet though, after a nice old dustup in the 2nd quarter...

I was there.
(We went to watch the curtain raiser, my Mrs is friends with Moana Hope and her team was playing in their Prelim.)

The breeze was blowing towards the city end I suppose you'd call it, which happened to pick up to be a 3-4 goal wind from about halfway through the third onwards.
IMO this wind played a fair part in helping Footscray pinch it. I thought Essendon were probably the better side on the day but were always going to find it tough in the last against that wind.
Both sides looked shaky when trying to go inboard, Essendon moved the ball better with more freedom down the wings, Footscray won their fair share of contests from down the line kicks.

Not familiar with a lot of the talent on show, but here are a few observations:
- Medium size leading half forward, #31 Bailey Dale was good for the Dogs.
- #10 Aaron Francis looks a very good prospect up forward for the Bombers. Good hands and is an absolute lump of a lad for such a youngster.
- Will Minson is cooked. Half a step behind all day and you can see his frustration while he's out there.
- The guy I continue to be impressed with is a fella wearing #66 for Footscray by the name of Mitch Hamman. Starred against us a couple of weeks ago. Had a quiet 3 quarters against Essendon but exploded in the last, kicked 3 and did some special things. I hope the kid gets a crack at AFL level, he's got what it takes no doubt.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:42 am

Side note re the ground condition at North Port:
Was immaculate last Sunday, save for a patch in a forward pocket that was a bit spongey. Possible faulty sprinkler.

Look out for a dead pocket if the whole ground is wet.
(Would be right of screen, near side, if on TV.)

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:28 am

King Monkey wrote:
Not familiar with a lot of the talent on show, but here are a few observations:
- Medium size leading half forward, #31 Bailey Dale was good for the Dogs.
- #10 Aaron Francis looks a very good prospect up forward for the Bombers. Good hands and is an absolute lump of a lad for such a youngster.
- Will Minson is cooked. Half a step behind all day and you can see his frustration while he's out there.
- The guy I continue to be impressed with is a fella wearing #66 for Footscray by the name of Mitch Hamman. Starred against us a couple of weeks ago. Had a quiet 3 quarters against Essendon but exploded in the last, kicked 3 and did some special things. I hope the kid gets a crack at AFL level, he's got what it takes no doubt.

Interesting you mention Dale. Apparently, in a report from the Member's Forum on Monday night, Hine mentioned that he really liked Dale and that we are looking for a small/medium forward. Kid really got a hold of us three weeks ago. Need to clamp him if we're to win.

Hannan has really come onto the scene this year. Plays as much as a wingman as he does a forward. Really is capable of some of those X-factor things. Decent size too at 189cm. Only 22. Could be worth a look as a rookie

King Monkey 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:04 am

^Deceptive. Hannan looks a lot smaller than 6'2". Impressive all the same.
I'm certainly on board with your "capable of X-factor" sentiments.

If we are keen on Dale, he could possibly fill the medium leading forward role we originally recruited Howe for.
Don't know much about him apart from played well against the Bombers last week and against us a few weeks ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 5 of 29   

Jump to: