Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump wanted proof of election fraud....so he created it. Well played.

And he can't pardon himself as this is a State crime.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:52 pm

The call/transcript is something to behold. As I say, all I'm hearing is Ted Bundy — an unrelenting gaslighting to get what it desires. Behind closed doors he can hardly be bothered feigning human engagement.

I've probably been underestimating his psychopathy by calling him a malignant narcissist who behaves psychopathically. The grandiosity and pantomime now seem like tools of misdirection; in the back room you simply get vanilla psychopathy and menace, much like in the locker room.

No wonder the GOP cowards have all fallen into line. This won't end until he's dealt with accordingly.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:01 am

Well, that all went swimmingly.

That's a lot of years opposing destructive, irresponsible, fist-waving garbage some of us will never get back.

Now the unholy alliance between fasco-conservative populists, wealthy crazies divorced from real-world responsibility, authoritarian religionists and angry racist/nationalist mobs — from Iraq and the GFC to Brexit and Trump — has made everyone sicker, poorer and diminished as humans, it's time to hobble back to adult progress.

Five things that have been completely burned to the ground over that time include advances in serious long-term planning and policy; an understanding of the need for mutually beneficial opportunity and value creation; the valuing of responsible risk management and governance; consistent, principled, fair treatment of all humans despite race, luck of birth place or prevailing mob sentiment; and accountable, qualified leadership selection.

These thing take years to move forward mere inches. Just putting them on a slight upward trajectory is a major human achievement.

Trump has shown that even the US, which has long been disgracefully unequal, can get much worse very quickly. Countries like Australia and the UK simply have no excuse for letting themselves be brought low by mobs, nationalists, corrupt grifters, anti-science ignoramuses and unqualified hacks.

Let's hope enough has been learned by enough people to put things back on a more responsible path. The act of making good decisions is a very different one to blindly supporting a football team, adoring a pop idol like a disaffected teen or being affirmed by the like-minded on Facebook. Fist-waving mob rage always leads to very foolish, very short-sighted, very destructive decisions. Real progress, on the other hand, comes very gradually as disciplined decisions compound over time.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:54 am

Hardto disagree with any of that
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:20 pm

Here's an article on the alt-right attention-seeking economy:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/business/media/capitol-anthime-gionet-buzzfeed-vine.html

Not only is the infantile attention seeking cringeworthy, but it amounts to a very over-supplied, very low-skilled economic activity.

No matter how many likes such rubbish gets from fellow travellers on Facebook, the outskirts of the economy are not the 'heartland', and learning is not a 'liberal conspiracy'. Years of poisonous propaganda from cable news, tawdry TV shows, fundamentalist churches, science deniers and scumbag politicians have created an entire culture of ardent losers who think the world needs to adapt to them, not vice-versa. This won't be overcome quickly, especially as many refuse to move geographically or develop proper skills as the economy demands.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Really good conversation about the events of the past couple of days here:

https://podcastaddict.com/episode/117604284

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 am

I recall when Charlottesville riots by white supremacists was debated on Nicks, Trump supporters were absolutely denying Trump had any responsibility for the behaviour of others. Hmmmmm
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:29 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wT5kafhG3Qw
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:12 am

Storming the Capitol Building was a disgraceful act, thank god we’d never see anything like that in Australia...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Parliament_House_riot
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 am

Nice pick-up, Eddie – I hadn’t heard of that incident before! What a great story. I had to laugh at this bit in particular:

Quote:
Senator Dee Margetts, speaking for the Greens Western Australia said that "the Greens WA do not associate ourselves with the violent action" but that "there are obviously some in the Greens movement who have differing opinions about that".

Depending on your political sensibilities and what the cause in question is, acts of mass civil disobedience like this can be either revolting or inspiring (and if you’re a prim centrist who can’t imagine yourself ever supporting such rabble-rousing, imagine if the story were pro-democracy protesters in a third-world country breaching a dictator’s palace). This one sounds like a futile and pointless endeavour that ultimately proved counterproductive to the movement’s aims (much like the Capitol protests), but when you look at the toothlessness of unions today and their dismantling under Howard – precisely what was being protested – it’s hard not to see this as a last gasp of union militancy from a time when those in power still had reason to be afraid of them.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 am

Trump has now been impeached twice 😊😊

When is he being hung upside down on a metal girder in Milan? ..... oh wait different scumbag racist leader

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Storming the Capitol Building was a disgraceful act, thank god we’d never see anything like that in Australia...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Parliament_House_riot

About the first time you’ve been right and made a sensible contribution. As your link showed we’ve never seen anything like what happened in the Capitol building in Australia.

It’s not that we don’t have enough racist rednecks here and enough from the shallow end of the gene pool but...

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am

Even as they're trying to rid advanced civilisation of his vile stench through a second impeachment, I wonder how many lives the psychopathic loser's pandemic denial and mismanagement have ruined today?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 am

The president as pariah: Trump faces a torrent of retribution over his role in the U.S. Capitol siege

..."He has been banned on social media, shunned by foreign leaders, impeached (again) in the House, threatened with censure by Republicans, deserted by Cabinet members, turned on by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), canceled by his hometown of New York City, dropped by the PGA golf tour and snubbed by New England Patriots Coach Bill Belichick.

And that’s just in the past few days for President Trump, who after ruling Washington for nearly four years through a mix of bullying, intimidation, patronage and a sense that his willingness to spew disinformation would have no consequences is suddenly facing a torrent of retribution from those who long excused his behavior or were too scared or powerless to confront it"....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-pariah-siege/2021/01/13/5fd2d69e-55bb-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

And that's just the begining. Can't wait till he gets a fair trial and then is jailed for the tem of his (un) natural life. Scum.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 am

The first President to be impeached twice.The first president to incite insurrection against the congress.The list of crimes just goes on and on.Has any president done more harm to his country than this guy has?It’s just mind boggling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 199 of 222   

Jump to: