Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

105 isn't bad for your height. My cuz is slightly shorter than me and is 120kg.

Do the Aston RX program, you'll be 95kg in 28 days. https://astonrx.com/

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:56 pm

So in 2020, Trump proposes to ban TikTok for national security and the MSM lose their collective tits.

Biden announces a ban on TikTok, followed by other national leaders and the MSM say nothing.

So, Trump was right, right?

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:09 pm

You always sound so agitated about everything these days,especially your dear Trump.^Not happy with the way things are going,are you?
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:14 pm

TDS works both ways.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:09 pm

Correct.

Almost like when Trump promised to pull out of Afghanistan, then Biden did it and Trump called it a foreign policy disaster. People are hypocrites, more news at 6!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:35 pm

The ABC will be broadcasting Sarah Ferguson’s forensic review of Trump and Fox which had the extremist nutters from the Murdoch Press foam at the mouth ( extremist nutters seems to be a tautology when placed before Murdoch Press)

A rerun of the Big Lie

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/commentisfree/2023/apr/21/abc-thumbs-its-nose-at-news-corp-and-acma-with-rerun-of-fox-and-the-big-lie

Marvellous

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:09 pm

I thought you meant the previous duchess of york!

In my Facebook memories a meme came up of an advertising sign ata Mexican restaurant, “Mexican food so authentic, you-all build a wall around it!’

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:43 am

Chickens coming home to roost:

The rape trial of Trump in New York might just be a significant hit in Trump:

His lawyers are doing a great job in rubbing those that matter the wrong way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/04/30/jean-carroll-trial-trump-assault/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Civil Trial, can't see it making a lot of difference either way.

Even if found guilty, it's not a criminal conviction and wouldn't (I don't think) prevent him running for POTUS again and will likely change very few opinions. Most people would have fixed their view on Trump a long time ago.

David Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 5:55 pm

Agreed about it being unlikely to change many minds or have much legal consequence. If the case succeeds, though, that layer of teflon will be thinner than ever.

And more importantly beside the political fallout, there's some potential for justice to be done here, because either Trump did what was alleged or the plaintiff is lying, and an allegation this serious deserves to be tested in some kind of court. I may be in the minority here, but I'm open-minded as to the facts here and will be interested in the outcome.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:07 pm

I'm open minded about it too, I haven't read a lot about it but on the surface I'd say it's roughly 50-50 whether it happened or not.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:04 am

Marvellous. Donald Trump guilty of sexual assault and defamation amongst others. Excellent. More court cases to follow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/05/09/trump-e-jean-carroll-verdict-justice/

Chickens coming home to roost. Karma baby.

If you were following the case the strongest witness against Donald Trump was Donald Trump. He was caught out lying on more than one occasion. Even sweeter.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:28 am

Bizarre case.

Trump didn't attend and didn't give evidence, the court relied on a video deposition he filmed with the prosocution lawyer last year and while trumps lawyer cross examined the prosocution witnesses, they put up no defence, called no witnesses.

Found not guilty of rape but guilty of assault and defammation. Apart from Caroll being $5M richer, can't see this having any impact on anything.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:18 am

stui magpie wrote:
Bizarre case.

Trump didn't attend and didn't give evidence, the court relied on a video deposition he filmed with the prosocution lawyer last year and while trumps lawyer cross examined the prosocution witnesses, they put up no defence, called no witnesses.

Found not guilty of rape but guilty of assault and defammation. Apart from Caroll being $5M richer, can't see this having any impact on anything.

Firmly disagree. This is the start of the house of cards collapsing. First of many.

Much of the evidence that became public showed him to be a liar by his own words:

Misidentifying the accuser for one of his wives saying “she’s not his type”
Saying he never shops at the Department store where the abuse took place directly contradicted by employees who served him in those stores
And of course the infamous he can “grab women’s pussies …” amongst others

Those sitting on the fence that is, the independent or non MAGA republicans will have more reason to not support him. Positive news for women victims of sexual abuse and rape.

This adds to the rest of the legal actions underway against Trump.

Marvellous

David Libra

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 3:45 pm

A better article on the case here:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-10/donald-trump-liable-sexual-abuse-in-e-jean-carroll-trial/102320056

Strange how, in US civil law, the main allegation can be dismissed but the lesser can be upheld. The effective conclusion seems to be that both were lying (i.e. that Trump did something to Carroll but not what she’s claiming), which is obviously pretty unsatisfactory for a case in which one would assume that one of the two parties were telling the truth.

Defamation aside, what, precisely, did the court find to have taken place here?

Whether it sways absolutely anyone from the Trump side remains to be seen, I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 215 of 222   

Jump to: