Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ23 commented:

Of course. I support the right to protest, not just when it's for a cause I agree with. ......
Still I'd have thought the best form of protest is the vote. Democrats need to sort themselves out, understand what messages majority voters sent at the election and put forward a halfway decent candidate.

WPT replied:

That's sloppy MJ23:

Clinton clearly won the majority of votes
Trump won the majority of states & delegates
To win the presidency one needs to win the majority of delegates not the majority of votes.

There are many messages to be heeded from the election not just the opportunistic ones.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:56 am

Regarding the wonderful Samantha Bee:

....Full Frontal with Samantha Bee is a relatively new arrival on the political satire scene, though it lands as the genre has undergone tectonic shifts...

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/jaw-dropping-samantha-bee-on-life-under-trump-20170121-gtw20q.html

WHAT Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

WHEN SBS Viceland, Thursday, 8pm

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:00 am

http://www.theage.com.au/world/donald-trumps-voter-fraud-investigation-leaves-even-his-allies-dumbfounded-20170126-gtz0mb.html

Cracks in his persona as President already appearing.

Honestly how fragile is this mans ego?

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:05 am

watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 commented:

Of course. I support the right to protest, not just when it's for a cause I agree with. ......
Still I'd have thought the best form of protest is the vote. Democrats need to sort themselves out, understand what messages majority voters sent at the election and put forward a halfway decent candidate.

WPT replied:

That's sloppy MJ23:

To win the presidency one needs to win the majority of delegates not the majority of votes.

There are many messages to be heeded from the election not just the opportunistic ones.

Sloppy ??
Id have thought winning the so called "popular vote" and NOT winning the election was sloppy. Are you suggesting the Clinton campaign didnt understand their own electoral system ?
Im still not sure what the popular vote means in a system without compulsory voting and millions taking up the option not to vote. Over six million people voted for third party candidates in this election - tripling the number since 2012. Voter turn out for Democrats was well down on the previous election. Voters who voted democrat deciding NOT to vote dont get added to the "popular count". Their choice to not vote is a right and reflects Hillary as the candidate she was.
The popular vote number in this system is irrelevant and not a reflection of "the majority"

Make no mistake, Hillary was a terrible candidate and the Democrats demonstrated incompetence and even corruption in her nomination.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:25 am

swoop42 wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/world/donald-trumps-voter-fraud-investigation-leaves-even-his-allies-dumbfounded-20170126-gtz0mb.html

Cracks in his persona as President already appearing.

Honestly how fragile is this mans ego?

all he needs is a clown suit! thats nuts

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:44 am

think positive wrote:
Speaking of saying the wrong thing!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gneBUA39mnI&feature=youtu.be

I rely pretty heavily on subtitles and lip reading with to shows, and f you watch trumps lips, you can really see him saying this, very well done!

I'm in awe of those guys. Great video!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 am

What does "this" refer to?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:24 pm

MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 commented:

WPT replied:

That's sloppy MJ23:

Sloppy ??
Id have thought winning the so called "popular vote" and NOT winning the election was sloppy. Are you suggesting the Clinton campaign didnt understand their own electoral system ?
Im still not sure what the popular vote means in a system without compulsory voting and millions taking up the option not to vote. Over six million people voted for third party candidates in this election - tripling the number since 2012. Voter turn out for Democrats was well down on the previous election. Voters who voted democrat deciding NOT to vote dont get added to the "popular count". Their choice to not vote is a right and reflects Hillary as the candidate she was.
The popular vote number in this system is irrelevant and not a reflection of "the majority"

Make no mistake, Hillary was a terrible candidate and the Democrats demonstrated incompetence and even corruption in her nomination.

No, you avoided your obvious mistake. Not acknowledging your error is up to you. Deflection is not accepting responsibility.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:29 pm

think positive wrote:
Speaking of saying the wrong thing!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gneBUA39mnI&feature=youtu.be

I rely pretty heavily on subtitles and lip reading with to shows, and f you watch trumps lips, you can really see him saying this, very well done!

Brilliant. Great stuff TP Laughing

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:03 pm

watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 commented:

WPT replied:

That's sloppy MJ23:

Sloppy ??

No, you avoided your obvious mistake
. Not acknowledging your error is up to you. Deflection is not accepting responsibility.

Really ? I said understand the message the majority of VOTERS sent. What exactly is incorrect about this statement ?

Voting Eligible Population Ballots
138,884,643 (60 percent)
Voter Eligible Population That Didnt Vote
92,671,979 (40 percent)
Voter Eligible Population Total

Votes for Hillary - 65,844,954 48.2% and around $2.9 million better than Trump.

So 62,079,879 voted for Trump and in the American system 92,671,979 exercised their right NOT to vote.
154.7 million people did not vote for Hillary versus the 65.8 mil who did. Now had I said "popular vote" Id be wrong however a majority of voters did not vote for Hillary. Now the non-voters didnt vote Trump either suggesting of those who previously voted they didnt like either candidate. Trump won so the Democrats have more to learn from this message.

This is the fifth time the popular vote winner has not won the Presidency; the other occasions were 1824, 1876, 1888 and 2000

The discrepancy between the popular vote and Electoral College was caused mainly by solid swings to Clinton in the two most populous states, California and Texas, and big swings to Trump in the midwest. Clintons gains in California and Texas resulted in zero additional EVs, while Trumps big gains in the midwest hugely benefited him in the Electoral College, as he won five midwestern states that had previously been won by Obama.

Now this could simply be Trumps team understanding of the system and what "popular" vote numbers that actually matter or Hillary herself as a candidate. I hope the democrats figure it out as they will be ineffective as an opposition when they have the most unpredictable president perhaps in history to contend with.

Winning more "Popular votes" but have them concentrated in very few more populous states is not a true reflection of a majority of states views. In a country like America the diversity between one state to the next is huge.

Either way, take it or leave it. The "not fair we had more votes" strategy is not helping anyone. The "Hillary won more votes" is such a mind numbing simplistic view thats its no surprise celebrities are all over it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:51 pm

MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 commented:

WPT replied:

That's sloppy MJ23:

Sloppy ??

. Not acknowledging your error is up to you. Deflection is not accepting responsibility.

Really ? I said understand the message the majority of VOTERS sent. .........
Either way, take it or leave it. The "not fair we had more votes" strategy is not helping anyone. The "Hillary won more votes" is such a mind numbing simplistic view thats its no surprise celebrities are all over it.

No no mater how long your deflection is it is still a deflection & an avoidance of responsibility.

I'm not arguing the outcome of the election nor have I mentioned fairness, at any time. That is your attribution: superfluous here.

To repeat

Clinton won the majority of votes

The rest is rationalization.

The lessons to be learnt are plentiful for a lot of different people. However they do not come from the majority of voters.

Whether right or wrong or what point of view one takes it seems to have galvanized a lot of people into some form of action. It will be interesting to see how long this can be maintained.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:26 pm

The Trump administration has frozen a multi million dollar aid package granted to the Palestinian Authority in the final hours of Barack Obamas presidency.

The former US president who made no secret of his Islamic sympathies had overruled Congress to make the decision with the money intended to support good governance and humanitarian aid.

Palestines Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah was told by US officials not to expect the $221 million payout after Donald Trump froze the payment

http://www.jaydafransen.com/trump-freezes-obamas-last-minute-221m-bung-to-palestine/

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Skids wrote:
The Trump administration has frozen a multi million dollar aid package granted to the Palestinian Authority in the final hours of Barack Obamas presidency.

The former US president who made no secret of his Islamic sympathies had overruled Congress to make the decision with the money intended to support good governance and humanitarian aid.

Palestines Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah was told by US officials not to expect the $221 million payout after Donald Trump froze the payment

http://www.jaydafransen.com/trump-freezes-obamas-last-minute-221m-bung-to-palestine/

FFS Skids, this was in a lot of media yet you read & quote the extreme right nutters blog sites & you quote the tripe that Obama has "islamic sympathies". Maybe his birth certificate was fake? Maybe he's really a Muslim too?

The Palestinian Authority with all it's ills & duplicity is made up of some Christians & Secular Arabs too. But don't let details & things like facts get in the way of uninformed blog sites

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Cheers Donald! Wink

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-27/trumps-australia-day-message/8216526

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 commented:

WPT replied:

That's sloppy MJ23:

Sloppy ??

Really ? I said understand the message the majority of VOTERS sent. .........

No no mater how long your deflection is it is still a deflection & an avoidance of responsibility.

I'm not arguing the outcome of the election nor have I mentioned fairness, at any time. That is your attribution: superfluous here.

To repeat

Clinton won the majority of votes

The rest is rationalization.

The lessons to be learnt are plentiful for a lot of different people. However they do not come from the majority of voters.

Whether right or wrong or what point of view one takes it seems to have galvanized a lot of people into some form of action. It will be interesting to see how long this can be maintained.

My deflection 😂
Have asked what exactly was incorrect about my original sentence you highlighted and you can't tell me.
The democrats need to understand the message a majority of voters sent at the election. Fact won't change.
Nothing to do with the popular vote count. Perhaps you were to quick to judge and misread the content.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 7 of 222   

Jump to: