Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Trump is a dangerous lout, but Madonna represents much the same thing on the other side. Our civilisation has lost the fundamental value of courtesy and civility, without which real progress is going to be very difficult. Whenever people talk about "respect", it is usually a sign that some act of profound disrespect is not far away.

With respect Wink , Madonna is irrelevant has no power relative to Trump on the who is not irrelevant & has power....

True, and that is why I said "what she represents" in my post.

I think they both show, in their behaviours, the loss of civility and courtesy which are the real cancer in our civic life. They create each other.

Cheers I got that - just thought it was curious to juxtapose the two.

Well, I was only juxtaposing them in regard to the specific issue of loudmouthed discourtesy and irresponsible speech. I think we're both agreed that if we could sack one of either Madonna or Trump from their current jobs, we'd both sack Trump. It's nice that we agree on something ! Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:58 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Rita Panahi nails it IMHO

So you do care after all Wink Razz

"Care" is the wrong word for how I feel.

My main interest in the sideshow is the inability of those on the left to let go of the fact that Trump won the election and the constancy of the attacks, most of which have little foundation but sound good.

Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:47 am

Gees what did poor ol Madonna do to piss everyone off!

If she has used her massive fame to help get a massive turnout for something she believes in, what's wrong with that?

2 million people in a peaceful demonstration, and in AMERICA??!! No way!!!!!

Tom Hanks still says it best 'I hope Trump does such a great job that I vote him in next time'. It's done people, and anyone who didn't vote has that blood on their hands!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:20 am

"Alternative Facts" ? WTF!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes + ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell, 1984

Trumps Regime is akin to that of Nazi Germany.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:39 am

One thing it has done has given people some laughs & an endless supply of great memes.

'I am not drunk, I am alternative sober' .

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

My main interest in the sideshow is the inability of those on the left to let go of the fact that Trump won the election and the constancy of the attacks, most of which have little foundation but sound good.

Razz Wink

I hope they never let go. The last thing the world needs is for people to normalise or accept his administration. Maintain the rage!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:31 am

The most important right people have in a democracy is the right to protest. It ought to be a sign of very grave concern that so many people are protesting at the commencement of this presidency. It shows what a completely divisive figure this guy is. He's governing with about a quarter of the potential vote, so he'd best be a little careful how he proceeds. He'll certainly be very good for big business - but so would a competent Republucan legislator have been. It remains to be seen whether the "trickle down" approach will produce enough benefit for the US's poor average white trash that sufficient numbers will vote for him a second time. Of course, theirs is a politics based upon disentitlement and hate, so it may be that it isn't necessary to make them better off - making ethnic minorities worse off might be all they need to feel vindicated.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:10 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The most important right people have in a democracy is the right to protest. It ought to be a sign of very grave concern that so many people are protesting at the commencement of this presidency. It shows what a completely divisive figure this guy is. He's governing with about a quarter of the potential vote, so he'd best be a little careful how he proceeds. He'll certainly be very good for big business - but so would a competent Republucan legislator have been. It remains to be seen whether the "trickle down" approach will produce enough benefit for the US's poor average white trash that sufficient numbers will vote for him a second time. Of course, theirs is a politics based upon disentitlement and hate, so it may be that it isn't necessary to make them better off - making ethnic minorities worse off might be all they need to feel vindicated.

I like how all the Trump supporters are labelled as stupid white trash etc....

Here's the other side Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnqc6vXAqRM

And this amazing womans speech is so compelling Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNDdR3u_1c

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:20 am

I hate having to share something by Joe Hildebrand, but he's basically right about this.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/this-is-why-it-doesnt-matter-when-donald-trump-lies/news-story/06349b798ee6f6c3044828ddb87eebe9

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am

David wrote:
I hate having to share something by Joe Hildebrand, but he's basically right about this.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/this-is-why-it-doesnt-matter-when-donald-trump-lies/news-story/06349b798ee6f6c3044828ddb87eebe9

"It wasn’t that they liked or even agreed with all the crazy stuff he said, it was that they just didn’t care — and they liked that he didn’t seem to care either. They didn’t vote for him because he insulted war heroes or assaulted women, they voted for him despite that. Because they were so pissed off with the usual political establishment they were prepared to get in bed with Satan himself if that was what it took to upend it."
"So maybe Trump’s a liar, maybe he’s a c*** or maybe he’s just a fool. So what?
Instead of getting outraged by everything he says over and over again or protesting his very existence, Trump’s opponents should find out why people voted for him in the first place and offer them a better alternative.
After all, if he’s as bad as they say he is how hard can that be?"

both these paragraphs jumped out at me, and its so in line to what a lovely lady from the midwest (probably a member of the "poor white trash" someone labelled the struggling working classes above) said to me on a cruise down to Mexico last year. a cruise she was on because her daughter in law wasnt allowed for medical reasons, so they were on their sons honeymoon, not enough money to afford travel insurance, this cruise was only about $400. she was telling me about Abama care, how its good but doesnt kick in soon enough, and just how much it costs to go to the doctor in the states. there was a lot more but i cant remember all the details, suffice to say, it gave me a new appreciation of just why this happened.

i bought my hubby a trump supporter tshirt from a street vender next to the white house as a joke, and much to my embarrassment he wore it a couple of times in public in Hawaii, man the response he got was unbelievable! the people have had enough. maybe, just maybe, some good will come out of this, a change that is so desperately needed, for the guy pumping gas, the checkout chick at walmart, and just hopefully, no irreparable damage gets done in the mean time.

Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:20 pm

think positive wrote:
and anyone who didn't vote has that blood on their hands!

I'm with George Carlin on this.

If you don't vote, and the elected representatives stuff up, you have someone to blame Laughing

MM

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:21 pm

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Razz Wink

I hope they never let go. The last thing the world needs is for people to normalise or accept his administration. Maintain the rage!

Yes Gough. Keep drinking the Koolaid Rolling Eyes

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I like how all the Trump supporters are labelled as stupid white trash etc....

Here's the other side Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnqc6vXAqRM

And this amazing womans speech is so compelling Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNDdR3u_1c

Your argument lacks a degree of subtlety of thought - I certainly didn't say anything about "all" of Trump's supporters. My comment was about that particular part of the electorate and the challenge he faces in maintaining that vote.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:31 pm

David wrote:

LOL. nail hit head. he's not basically right, he's nailed it.

All the idiots "maintaining the rage" are just digging their own grave. The harder they push, the more the majority moves away from their angst. They ain't damaging Trump, just themselves.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:35 pm

^ Wrong.

The MAJORITY voted Clinton. Admitted, they held their noses while they did it, but 3,000,000 more people voted for Clinton than voted for Trump.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 3 of 222   

Jump to: