Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Worthington cup

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well 2-1 away wasn't a bad result it was probably par for the course.

It's definitely up for grabs but I have to favour Chelsea it's as if they don't think the Worthington Cup is beneath them, which is unusual for one of the bigger teams & they can really turn it on at times.
I have to say i think Gudjonnson is superb i would love him at Arsenal.

Plus, & I really hate to say this (LOL) but Spurs' season has fallen apart in the last few weeks.To lose 2 Ipswich twice within 3 weeks is terrible & now there's injuries & Glenda has spent all the dough on a bunch of 35 year olds-haha.
Although you were linked with 2 Brazilians in the Sun today but it's probably paper talk, I mean why would they want to go to Tottenham unless they're crap or very old.Or perhaps both!

So all in all I favour Chelsea but even if you make the final it's not the forgone conclusion it looked a few weeks ago with Blackburn buying Cole & scoring a few goals.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 9:20 pm

Yeah the Barmby thing has just been mentioned lately but I don't know if you're aware(you probably are as you seem to know nearly everything that goes on at that sad excuse for a football club-LOL)that Jamie Rednapp was actually on Tottenham's books when he was about 17 & Terry V was a manager.He said he was homesick & so Spurs let him go back to Bournemouth where his dad was manager & then El Tel was mightily miffed when after a couple of months young Jamie thought he could brave his homesickness by going to Liverpool.

As for Jeffers the guy is always crocked so it's impossible to judge him but I am worried that he is going to be one of those permanently injured types who never play a full season.When he broke into the Everton first team a couple of years back I thought he looked a really good finisher, apparently he did well for England at schoolboy & youth levels & he's scored a few goals for the U21s & he's been banging them in for the reserves at Arsenal.I don't know if he has much else tro his game aprt form scoring but so what if he hasn't, I'd like to see him and Henry given a go together although the word is that he has got injured AGAIN & could be out for the season.

As for Gudjonsson what I love about him is that he can do everything you'd want a striker to do.He's 2 footed(rare),he's strong,he's quickish, he finishes well, he can score headers , he's a good passer & most importantly he can play behind a goal hanger like JFH or he can play as the furthest up forward himself.I'd love to see him just behind Henry really.

The trouble with Arsenal at the moment is that Wenger keeps picking Grimandi when there are injuries rather than giving Edu a go-I just don't understand it.Also how Luzhny gets a game I will never know-it was his fault that Liverpool scored the other day.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:29 pm

He left Spurs cos he was 'homesick' for up north.What is it about Spurs that makes everyone homesick?they just make me sick full stop.

Greedy me?No way it's just that i don't think Henry,Wiltord,Bergkamp,Kanu & Jeffers are enough we need more forwards more I tell you.
We need to be as strong up front as the yids, i'm always astounded at your strength in depth whenever Gary Docherty gets a go up front-LOL.

You lot'll probably beat Chelsea on Wednesday it's just one of those stupid things that shouldn't happen but probably will.

Ps Very witty & original of Glenda to say that Les Ferdinand got concussion & didn't know who he was & so'we told him that he's Pele'-yawn someone should tell him that that one's been done before.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:38 pm

Hey WKB I just got this little quote posted by an Ardsenal fan on an Arsenal web site.

"GRIMANDI OHOHOH GRIMANDI OHOHOH", "Glen Hoddle please make a bid, You can have him for a quid!", "GRIMANDI OHOHOH GRIMANDI OHOHOH!"

LOL.

I would love it if you did buy him.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:32 am

well, it seems the spurs have exorcised their demons by thrashing chelsea 5-1.

"consectatio excellentiae"
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:19 pm

Hmmm wasn't the big game of the night Arsenal beating Leicester to move onto the shoulder of Man U?

OK well done, it was a good victory.You could win your 2nd trophy since Arsenal last won one!I'm happy for you WKB you're obviously supporting the wrong team though, I mean you're a bright, friendly & funny bloke whilst most spurs supporters over here are loud, thick,ugly oafs.In fact WKB you're a poor man's version of me!LOL.You're like Ledly King to my Sol Campbell.

Anyway I hope it's worth staying up late to watch the final(I doubt it will be though).
Did you see how spazzo Hoddle was going?Jeez you'd have though they'd won the WC the way he was going-shit I hate that bloke.Just 5 minutes alone with him is all I'd need, just 5 minutes.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:01 pm

I think people that throw coins & shit at the footie are like those people that watch sopa operas & think it's real.You know you read about them seeing a soap baddie in the street & they run up & hit him or give him a serve or whatever.When I'm at the footie I go a bit ape, I love shouting & swearing but often I'm looking for a bit of humour as well & I don't hate all the people that play for other teams with me I feel like I'm in some lttle bubble that is not normal life but I'm still aware that normality exists some of these people totally lose touch with reality.
They had some dude in the paper with a cut head where the coin apparently hit him so he must have put a bit of pace on it if the guy was indeed hit by it.I'm glad he did it though as 11 v 9 would have been hairy.We had another one sent off last night in the win at Blackburn, it's getting ridiculous now.

As for the cup, well we'd be favourites but I wouldn't say i'm confident.The thing is where fighting on three fronts now & there's always a doubt that you could go close in all 3 but end up with nothing whilst the Yiddos bag the League Cup even though they're an average bunch.

As for Glenda I hate him because the yiddos think he's so great.I hate him because he's arrogant, i hate him because he's a liar.I hate him because he wrote a book about being manager during the WC which betrayed confidences of players.I hate him because he belittled players.I hate him because his grammar is so shit ie'we was......',when asked about his comments on the disabled he replied 'I never said them things'.I hate him because he has a stupid big chin.But most of all i hate him for being a Yid!

As for Ledley King & sol Campbell, I've seen the odd mistake from Ledley lately whilst Sol is now looking a prince of a centre half with the superior coaching he now receives at Arsenal.

BTW are you really older than me?

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:26 pm

Yeah Arsenal dodgy against the lesser clubs ain't that the truth that's why we could only draw at WHL!

What about the win at Everton?a rubbish game but when I saw the Arsenal side I nearly fainted-Grimandi,Luzhny & Stepanovs all in the same team it was terrible.I doubt any of that lot could even get in the Spurs side.But to win up there was a big ask & it's our first league clean sheet since October & our 27th league game in a row where we've scored-so much for boring Arsenal hey?

I think the injuries & suspensions are gonna do for us now though, plus the fact that we're in the FA cup & champs league (unlike Liverpool & Man U who don't have the FA Cup to worry about).A trophy any trophy would be nice, but I would be disapointed if it was the FA Cup.

Rebrov has said that Arsene spoke to him 7 wants to buy him!I hope not, but it's good to see unhappy players at Spurs especially club record signings-LOL.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:19 pm

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaattttt there's that many Yiddos in Australia that you can all get together & petition fox to put on the Worthington Cup final.Geez that's scary.

How come you've got a whole bunch of Yiddos to watch it with, is it a coincidence of have you just corrupted a load of your mates into the forces of evil?
Yeah definitely say hello from me & to think of me should Blackburn take the lead or heaven forbid win the game.

Good to see Anderton too injured to make the England side, I would have hated to seee him going to the World Cup.

As for Ginola he started pretty well but he ran out of gas as the game went on.He's a superbly skilled player but he is a lazy bastard, still I quite like him.It was good to see Lee Dixon renew an old friendship with him & take him out with no attempt to go for the ball.

Don't worry mate I would have no trouble stomaching another North London FA Cup tie after the last 2.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 1:01 pm

Concur with your thoughts on the FA cup WKB, its gonna be in London or Toon at seasons end.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 1:48 pm

Big game tonite v WBA at the new den. Will go a long way to deciding how the season goes. Am going with a couple of WBA fans I work with! Still reckon we got to finish top two to go up, can't do it thru play offs.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:49 am

Cahill scores, gives away a penalty (which the baggies miss). Gotta keep winning though, might fluke it into the premier league so the lad can stay.

Must have been devastated about the Germans last minute equaliser v the Arse WKB!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:16 am

according to what I've read, peter reid is also considering a move for richard sadlier and his namesake steven reid in the summer, but maybe this will depend on whether the lions get promoted or not. seems they have a thing for the irish lads at sunlun.

"consectatio excellentiae"
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:28 pm

Despite not liking Blackburn at all I shall be cheering the northern bastards on this weekend.

Oh to see Glenda gutted as his dream fades.

It was almost worth being knocked out of the world cup by the Argie scum last time just to see his face.

So WKB this is how far your once proud club has fallen everyone getting excited about the Worthington Cup-it's sad very sad.No one least of all me likes to see Spurs experiencing such a reduced station in life.I feel almost guilty about enjoying the pleasures of a championship dogfight, a promising Champion's League campaign & just for luck an FA cup run.Whilst being linked with world class players like Van Bommel (& probably Ledley King in a year or 2 when he's served his apprenticeship)

Still I hope you enjoy watching the final even if you don't enjoy the result!

Away the Rovers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: