Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dipper, LD and the other the season has started let's get ta

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm "ready to go" for once, sunlun have recruited some decent players, and may actually surprise a few teams this year. flo, stewart, piper, babb and wright look the goods. and it doesn't get better than beating robbie keane's team mid-week, and seeing his Cornwall Utd namesake get sent off on the weekend.

bring 'em on!!

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:28 pm

I hope Liverpool can deliver a good old thrashing to Newcastle at Anfield

BIG PUNTA DA HEAD HUNTA
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:37 pm

Hehe mate i was gonna leave until we'd knocked you off top spot before I posted just to wind you up.

You must be very happy, finals footy for Collingwood & the yiddos riding high & with a brand spanking new centre forward as well.
Looking at the spurs line up for the last game the midfield has a pretty fresh look to it-no sherwood/Freud/Anderton instead Redknapp,Acinomovic(sp??)Davies & Etherington so that's obviously a big improvement.
Keane for £7m is a good buy as well so things are looking good although from what i've read they haven't looked that good in most of their games but being solid is a good start.

As for Arsenal we're looking really good in spells going forward but the defence is looking a bit dodgy at times, Keown seems to have reached his sell by date this season.
Once again we get raped by the refs-Viera's sending off was a joke both yellow cards came after he failed to make contact & Chelsea players fell over.Still we went into the game without our first choice front 4 (Henry/Bergkamp/Pires/Llundberg) went down to 10 men & still came away with a draw & i can't see anyone else managing to do that.

And we've got Gilberto the world cup winner in midfield (a snip at £4.5) & the new guy Kolo Toure looks another Wenger master signing (about £500,000 from somewhere in the Ivory Coast).
I'm pretty confident at the moment as Man U are looking dodgy & no one else worries me not even the scouse.When we get Pires & freddy back the rest better watch out.

Still i can't wait for the 'norf' London derby when we show you the difference between being champions & pretenders.

Even Wiltord is playing like a champion!

As for Sunderland junkboy it's a miracle that they've eventually signed a forward , it's a bit like buses they wait ages to get one & then two turn up at the same time.In fact for the money I think Stewart is a better buy than Flo who cost a lot of money (£8.4m) in the present financial climate especially when you consider he couldn't really hack it in Jock football.

PS I wonder if LD will show his face or will he wait for us to forget the 6-0 home thrashing on the first day of the season-unbelievable!It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch than the Millwall regulars.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC

[This message has been edited by DIPPER (edited 03 September 2002).]
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:49 pm

Millwall is travelling about as well as the pies have been...any further mention of Millwall results will see the banning of whoever makes the smart arse remark!!!!!

The yiddos all seem to be screaming 'end the season now', but I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:04 am

well, if we're talking predictions, I think Arsenal will be champions again, to be challenged by Cornwall Utd, Liverpool, and Spurs. I don't think Newcastle will be able to emulate last years position. they're a good side, but europe will take its toll, and they'll probably end up somewhere in midtable, maybe 8th. sunlun will probably end up midtable as well, maybe 9th-13th. I don't think they'll get into the relegation dogfight like last year. they are essentially the same team that finished 7th twice a few seasons back, they now have some forwards to score goals, and reyna is continuing his good form from the world cup. they will surprise a few teams this year, and maybe have a decent cup run, but not much more than that.

I reckon man city might be a surprise packet this year (we always get one don't we, and it's usually a newly promoted team). they have, IMHO, one of the best keepers in the world, and anelka seems to be firing for them.

I think all the midlands sides will struggle, esp. west brom and birmingham, who will probably be relegated. they might be joined by bolton. aston villa, southampton and west ham will struggle as well, but the latter two are fighters and knows what it takes to stay up.

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester United
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham Hotspur
5. Chelsea
6. Blackburn Rovers
7. Manchester City
8. Newcastle United
9. Leeds United
10. Fulham
11. Middlesbrough
12. Sunderland
13. Charlton
14. West Ham United
15. Everton
16. Aston Villa
17. Southampton
-----------------------
18. Bolton Wanderers
19. Birmingham City
20. West Brom Albion

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 03 September 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: