Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The President Eddie McGuire

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I still want E McGuire as President of my football club?
Yes - still the best person for the job
38%
 38%  [ 47 ]
No - has run his race and we need fresh ideas
61%
 61%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 123

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Go Eddie,
this is absolute bullshit, out cold and only 2 weeks? **** off Turnbull and Aly its none of your $£$%^%%$ business

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/outrage-over-bachar-houli-suspension-verdict/news-story/205bb34a0590a94a167f5ed0e37985d7

IF he played for the Pies, he would have got 4 weeks min, monty. Surprised

Considering the guy was hanging off him stopping him getting down the other end and he was acting out of frustration, two weeks was about right.

As you said though, if it was a Collingwood player who did it, he would have got 4 weeks.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:05 pm

As on field performance continues to be poor, Ed does seem to have lost focus on our core ... the football team.
Arguably, he is focusing too much on Netball, Womens football, and philanthropic pursuits. Whilst all are worthy, they are secondary to the performance of the team.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
What was the last great thing he did for the members?

What was the last good thing he did for the members?

Won us a flag in 2010.

"Won us a flag in 2010"....by keeping his mouth shut for the ONLY year of his 20 season presidency Laughing Wink

Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:41 pm

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
Go Eddie,
this is absolute bullshit, out cold and only 2 weeks? **** off Turnbull and Aly its none of your $£$%^%%$ business

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/outrage-over-bachar-houli-suspension-verdict/news-story/205bb34a0590a94a167f5ed0e37985d7

Haven't character references been used in the past???
I seem to remember they have, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, Why did our president have to jump in.
Couldn't someone else jump in?
Distracts from our focus.
It is why I would like a background President that is invisible to the media .

I don't understand this thinking. An invisible President? Why is that high on your priority list? Perhaps it's because you're embarrassed by the criticism that comes from non-Collingwood people?

I can't imagine why anyone would care what Caroline Wilson or Mark Robinson might think, what bile they might publish.

He cops so much criticism because - news flash - people hate Collingwood, and they hate Eddie because he happens to be a very visible Collingwood president.

Forget the mountain out of a molehill stuff, his profile has brought a ton of of sponsorship and a lot positive coverage to our Club.

His high profile is a godsend. You should be grateful.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:07 am

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
And now we have this from the age today.
http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/news-and-views/opinion/eddie-mcguires-sudden-weight-loss-exposes-a-cruel-double-standard-20170627-gwzgbh.html
Shine the spot light Ed again and again and again.
Why does the club needs stories like these.

the article is utter crap. Eddie needed to lose weight for the sake of his health, no i dont like his method, but if he can now get onto track with healthy eating, he may have saved his own life.

the women in the article were not over weight. i remember the whole Judd thing, the women is naturally thin, lucky her, i cant stand kim kartrashian but in this shes innocent, ive said that myself before! yippe lost a couple without trying! Erin, thats solid hard work right there, no diet on earth gives you abs like that! good on her. so where is the comparison?

but as skids said, how is this Eddies fault? hes news, if he farted in an elevator it would be front page!

TP
I don't care what eddie doe's in his private life.
But we all know that there are social do gooders and PC nazi's who could say that Ed is a bad role model.
And where have we heard the role model thing again.
Yep, AFL footy.
I only care about the footy.
But there is a chance some influential do gooder will run with this story.
And do we really need another distraction?

So Eddie should have stayed fat so as not to get in the paper. Harsh mate!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:20 am

thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/news-and-views/opinion/eddie-mcguires-sudden-weight-loss-exposes-a-cruel-double-standard-20170627-gwzgbh.html

the article is utter crap. Eddie needed to lose weight for the sake of his health, no i dont like his method, but if he can now get onto track with healthy eating, he may have saved his own life.

the women in the article were not over weight. i remember the whole Judd thing, the women is naturally thin, lucky her, i cant stand kim kartrashian but in this shes innocent, ive said that myself before! yippe lost a couple without trying! Erin, thats solid hard work right there, no diet on earth gives you abs like that! good on her. so where is the comparison?

but as skids said, how is this Eddies fault? hes news, if he farted in an elevator it would be front page!

TP
But we all know that there are social do gooders and PC nazi's who could say that Ed is a bad role model.
Yep, AFL footy.

You keep saying that you have the right to freedom of speech. What about some of the stuff you post on this board ( which is totally your right ) and then you go one better and you think Maguire should keep his mouth shut and not pass on a few comments about his weight loss. Ironically, you are now speaking on behalf of his freedom of speech.
FFS, It was a response to his weight loss. It's not like he is publicly knifing his own players or bagging everyone in the footy dept.

What was the point of hiding from it when everyone could see the difference over a couple weeks. In total, the original weekend piece was nothing more than a bit of fluff about the benefits that come with weight loss. The follow up story was your P C do gooder twisting the weight loss into a circus, just so as to pander to yet another minority group with a big voice.

We all know you hate P C ( you tell us often enough ) so shouldn't you be putting the hate on the journo, and not Ed ?
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:32 am

thompsoc wrote:
Trying to get updates on the VFL game between us and Werribee at Wangarratta.
No live audio or video feed for this event.
Rely on Twitter and flashscores for vfl.
Members and supporters get nothing!
Why, because there is no money from a corporate point of view in giving us this service.
So I wonder what is happening at the corporate social club today?
Are the social club members watching the big game there tonite.
Would have been great to have a live feed on the big screen of the VFL and then the big game from Spotless Stadium.

Are other clubs providing these services?

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 am

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
Go Eddie,

Haven't character references been used in the past???
I seem to remember they have, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, Why did our president have to jump in.
Couldn't someone else jump in?
Distracts from our focus.
It is why I would like a background President that is invisible to the media .

I don't understand this thinking. An invisible President? Why is that high on your priority list? Perhaps it's because you're embarrassed by the criticism that comes from non-Collingwood people?

I can't imagine why anyone would care what Caroline Wilson or Mark Robinson might think, what bile they might publish.

He cops so much criticism because - news flash - people hate Collingwood, and they hate Eddie because he happens to be a very visible Collingwood president.

Forget the mountain out of a molehill stuff, his profile has brought a ton of of sponsorship and a lot positive coverage to our Club.

His high profile is a godsend. You should be grateful.

I respectfully disagree.

Last edited by thompsoc on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:19 am

[quote="think positive]

So Eddie should have stayed fat so as not to get in the paper. Harsh mate![/quote]

TP
extreme dieting is dopey.
Any medico would tell you that.
Ed is always on about role models.
So he is a crap role model in this instance.
You know I don't care about Ed.. I think he has been there too long.
To me, extreme dieting by Ed ( if true ) is a sign that he is slightly unhinged.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:35 am

Pies2016 wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

TP
Yep, AFL footy.

You keep saying that you have the right to freedom of speech. What about some of the stuff you post on this board ( which is totally your right ) and then you go one better and you think Maguire should keep his mouth shut and not pass on a few comments about his weight loss. Ironically, you are now speaking on behalf of his freedom of speech.
FFS, It was a response to his weight loss. It's not like he is publicly knifing his own players or bagging everyone in the footy dept.

What was the point of hiding from it when everyone could see the difference over a couple weeks. In total, the original weekend piece was nothing more than a bit of fluff about the benefits that come with weight loss. The follow up story was your P C do gooder twisting the weight loss into a circus, just so as to pander to yet another minority group with a big voice.

We all know you hate P C ( you tell us often enough ) so shouldn't you be putting the hate on the journo, and not Ed ?

Every dog has a right to bark at the moon.
But when you bark too often expect to get a flying boot aimed at your head.
Ed is a constant target because he barks too often or does dopey things like extreme dieting.
Focus Ed focus!
Ed needs to appreciate a quiet beer and not drink too often at the noisy bar.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Seems to me that some people need to understand the purpose and role of the President of our club.

He is not the CEO, whose main task is to ensure the smooth business operations of our club and the appointments of people in various positions, including the coaching staff, director of football etc. He is not the coach, whose job is to prepare the team and manage their performances.

So, it seems to me that one of the main roles of a club President, especially a club like Collingwood, is to act as the representative of the members, to ensure that our club stays true to its overall mission and values and to communicate this back to the members. As well, he is the public face of the club, responsible for lobbying the AFL on behalf of our club. Finally, his job is to keep our club in the news and media, as a way of attracting sponsors, which is essential for the financial well-being of our club.

Imho, Ed does a terrific job at all these tasks and I can't think of anyone who could do a better one.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:27 pm

He's been around for far too long and 20 years is ridiculous for one person to be president of a club. His reign resembles what is essentially an autocratic dictatorship, the type you often see in the developing world where one person assumes absolute control over everyone and everything them.

I for one am sick to death of of eddie everywhere and his constant stuff ups that bring shame to our club. You could write a book about it there's so many. No other club has a fool like eddie running around as president. He's had his time and should have gone after 2010 but he can't let go. Typical power hungry dictator. He screwed up with the coaching handover, screwed up with grubby and screwed up again by insulting caro.

Why no one stands up to this bully is beyond me. We need change and a fresh approach. Someone new with foresight and a clear understanding. Someone who doesn't have their finger in each and every pie. Someone who will do the job without bringing shame to the club. Someone capable of being able to STFU!!!!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:41 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
He's been around for far too long and 20 years is ridiculous for one person to be president of a club. His reign resembles what is essentially an autocratic dictatorship, the type you often see in the developing world where one person assumes absolute control over everyone and everything them.

I for one am sick to death of of eddie everywhere and his constant stuff ups that bring shame to our club. You could write a book about it there's so many. No other club has a fool like eddie running around as president. He's had his time and should have gone after 2010 but he can't let go. Typical power hungry dictator. He screwed up with the coaching handover, screwed up with grubby and screwed up again by insulting caro.

Why no one stands up to this bully is beyond me. We need change and a fresh approach. Someone new with foresight and a clear understanding. Someone who doesn't have their finger in each and every pie. Someone who will do the job without bringing shame to the club. Someone capable of being able to STFU!!!!

You said it much better than me.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Seems to me that some people need to understand the purpose and role of the President of our club.

He is not the CEO, whose main task is to ensure the smooth business operations of our club and the appointments of people in various positions, including the coaching staff, director of football etc. He is not the coach, whose job is to prepare the team and manage their performances.

So, it seems to me that one of the main roles of a club President, especially a club like Collingwood, is to act as the representative of the members, to ensure that our club stays true to its overall mission and values and to communicate this back to the members. As well, he is the public face of the club, responsible for lobbying the AFL on behalf of our club. Finally, his job is to keep our club in the news and media, as a way of attracting sponsors, which is essential for the financial well-being of our club.

Imho, Ed does a terrific job at all these tasks and I can't think of anyone who could do a better one.

couldnt agree more.
how many club presidents can people name off the top of their heads?
im happy with Eddie fiz flavour, beats vanilla any day!! vanilla is only good in a malted milk!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:36 pm

EDDIE is Prez cos nobody has the BALLS to challenge him, ever. Fact !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: