Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The President Eddie McGuire

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I still want E McGuire as President of my football club?
Yes - still the best person for the job
38%
 38%  [ 47 ]
No - has run his race and we need fresh ideas
61%
 61%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 123

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I've been a big supporter of Ed over the years & I think on balance he's done a marvellous job. His positives have outweighed his negatives, that's for sure.

However, Ed has been there a long time, the Malthouse Buckley transition at this point in time has been a standout failure in my opinion.

I just think he has been in the position a long long time now, his time is up or coming up & it's to move on. Time to renew and re-energise.

Go Pies

The chances of it failing increased dramatically when MM refused to live up to his contract and left the club. MM never supported Buckley after he joined the club as an assistant coach.

The decision to do what they did was based upon MM remaining at the club. If you want to blame anyone for the failure I would be looking at MM first and foremost. If he was honest with the club from the start chances are that they would have taken a different strategy.

To be honest, I no longer care one way or another who was at fault, who did what, or who should have done this or that. The past is the past. I'm solely interested in the here and now and our immediate future. On that score I reckon we have the right people in place. All we need now are a couple of good KPPs. Cool

McGuire: can't kick, doesn't know how to handball & did his preseason during the home & away rounds

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:19 pm

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
I've been a big supporter of Ed over the years & I think on balance he's done a marvellous job. His positives have outweighed his negatives, that's for sure.

However, Ed has been there a long time, the Malthouse Buckley transition at this point in time has been a standout failure in my opinion.

I just think he has been in the position a long long time now, his time is up or coming up & it's to move on. Time to renew and re-energise.

Go Pies

The chances of it failing increased dramatically when MM refused to live up to his contract and left the club. MM never supported Buckley after he joined the club as an assistant coach.

The decision to do what they did was based upon MM remaining at the club. If you want to blame anyone for the failure I would be looking at MM first and foremost. If he was honest with the club from the start chances are that they would have taken a different strategy.

To be honest, I no longer care one way or another who was at fault, who did what, or who should have done this or that. The past is the past. I'm solely interested in the here and now and our immediate future. On that score I reckon we have the right people in place. All we need now are a couple of good KPPs. Cool

McGuire: can't kick, doesn't know how to handball & did his preseason during the home & away rounds

Very Happy Very true. But if Ed were playing he would arrange the final score before he ran out onto the field.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Go Pies

In other words the deal maker didn't put the deal through properly. For me that is one aspect of his presidency. Times up IMO. Ed's done a tremendous job & got us a premiership. I'll be eternally grateful.

However, it's time for him to step down graciously.

At the same time I want Bucks & Ed to succeed. By Ed's own admission through the review the club didn't properly support Bucks. Where does the buck stop? If Gary Pert is an answer then to what extent was the role of the CEO allowed to under- perform by the board (read Eddie) ?

Times up imo.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:
click bait for knockers and trolls. Having a high profile Pres has done us nothing but good. I'll happily wear the rubbish that comes out of Mark Robinson to have Eddie in. What was that last night on 360? "Eddie has linked himself to Buckleys success" - what a muppet. Speculating and stirring is his stock in trade - the fact he said it means we have a good Pres. The argument is a drawing a long bow to begin with.
The really funny thing is without taking a breath he and Gerard gloss over Brad Scotts new contract at North without mention of their Pres. Didn't we finish above them on the ladder? Have we not had a Premiership more recently? How is that not Bias.

I like watching 360 and Mark for a laugh but there's not doubt that Mark Robinson is the biggest caricature in Australian Journalism (even more than so than Sam Newman) - Just cannot take him seriously.

Yeh, Robbo is a total flog, on Sat morning the Magpie hating swine said on SEN, that the Pies v Dees game, could get "very very ugly for the PIes, could be a real thrashing today for them by the Deeees " LOL, the moron knows zilch about footy, admin, anything, far less that Caro even, at least Caro has a semblance of intelligent research. !

As for our Eddie, I thought he may have resigned by this time, but he didn't, but I really think, that at the end of next season, he should give some serious thought to moving on gracefully, and handing the baton over to a worthy candidate, someone like Craig Kelly, for instance. Cool

I just watch 360 occasionally but cant take him seriously. I live from Bendigo (where Robbo worked at the Bendigo Advertiser for many years) and if people only knew about his behaviour here before he got into the "big time", they will be bloody appalled to say the least. I knew it and saw it first hand. He is a total bloody wanker. I see to it that what he writes or says about anything is not taken seriously and I don't make it my business to comment on such rubbish from a serial offender. A total waste of time and effort Rolling Eyes Cool

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:
click bait for knockers and trolls. Having a high profile Pres has done us nothing but good. I'll happily wear the rubbish that comes out of Mark Robinson to have Eddie in. What was that last night on 360? "Eddie has linked himself to Buckleys success" - what a muppet. Speculating and stirring is his stock in trade - the fact he said it means we have a good Pres. The argument is a drawing a long bow to begin with.
The really funny thing is without taking a breath he and Gerard gloss over Brad Scotts new contract at North without mention of their Pres. Didn't we finish above them on the ladder? Have we not had a Premiership more recently? How is that not Bias.

I like watching 360 and Mark for a laugh but there's not doubt that Mark Robinson is the biggest caricature in Australian Journalism (even more than so than Sam Newman) - Just cannot take him seriously.

Yeh, Robbo is a total flog, on Sat morning the Magpie hating swine said on SEN, that the Pies v Dees game, could get "very very ugly for the PIes, could be a real thrashing today for them by the Deeees " LOL, the moron knows zilch about footy, admin, anything, far less that Caro even, at least Caro has a semblance of intelligent research. !

As for our Eddie, I thought he may have resigned by this time, but he didn't, but I really think, that at the end of next season, he should give some serious thought to moving on gracefully, and handing the baton over to a worthy candidate, someone like Craig Kelly, for instance. Cool

I just watch 360 occasionally but cant take him seriously. I live from Bendigo (where Robbo worked at the Bendigo Advertiser for many years) and if people only knew about his behaviour here before he got into the "big time", they will be bloody appalled to say the least. I knew it and saw it first hand. He is a total bloody wanker. I see to it that what he writes or says about anything is not taken seriously and I don't make it my business to comment on such rubbish from a serial offender. A total waste of time and effort Rolling Eyes Cool

Do tell Lazza, do tell!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:16 pm

dalyc wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:

Do tell Lazza, do tell!

Lets just say that alcohol was his best friend, followed closely by female "acquaintances" that may or may not have been acquainted with other male human beings. His conduct at work (according to a friend of mine who worked with him) made an idiot of their so called code of conduct. Enough said without getting into trouble I think. Rolling Eyes Cool

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Lucky I ducked !
Was that the 'first stone' ?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Robbo reminds me of Barnaby Joyce, pissed as a fart most of the time. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Don't you mean the Dictator instead of President
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Didn't we just do we one of these 2 months ago?

I've made my views on Eds continued tenure clear enough previously, don't see any need to rehash it

woops, turns out its the same thread.....I'm an idiot

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:01 am

Ed needs to move on and give someone else a go. His time is up and we could use some fresh perspective and ideas around the club. We look stale and out of date compared to other teams. I acknowledge what he's achieved for the club but he has made some awful errors of judgement and blunders along the way. I get the feeling he won't leave until Buckley becomes a success and who knows when or if that will be. The club should be employing the best talent and not 'mates of mcguire'.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:08 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Ed needs to move on and give someone else a go. His time is up and we could use some fresh perspective and ideas around the club. We look stale and out of date compared to other teams. I acknowledge what he's achieved for the club but he has made some awful errors of judgement and blunders along the way. I get the feeling he won't leave until Buckley becomes a success and who knows when or if that will be. The club should be employing the best talent and not 'mates of mcguire'.

IM hoping we do make the Finals next season, win one final, show huge improvement, then Ed gracefully bows out, and hands over to, say, Craig Kelly. Perfect scenario. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:53 am

Lazza wrote:
Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
think positive wrote:
Go Eddie,
this is absolute bullshit, out cold and only 2 weeks? **** off Turnbull and Aly its none of your $$%^%%$ business

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/outrage-over-bachar-houli-suspension-verdict/news-story/205bb34a0590a94a167f5ed0e37985d7

Haven't character references been used in the past???
I seem to remember they have, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, Why did our president have to jump in.
Couldn't someone else jump in?
Distracts from our focus.
It is why I would like a background President that is invisible to the media .

I don't understand this thinking. An invisible President? Why is that high on your priority list? Perhaps it's because you're embarrassed by the criticism that comes from non-Collingwood people?

I can't imagine why anyone would care what Caroline Wilson or Mark Robinson might think, what bile they might publish.

He cops so much criticism because - news flash - people hate Collingwood, and they hate Eddie because he happens to be a very visible Collingwood president.

Forget the mountain out of a molehill stuff, his profile has brought a ton of of sponsorship and a lot positive coverage to our Club.

His high profile is a godsend. You should be grateful.

My own belief is that what others think of me, my club, my work etc is none of MY business. Offence is taken, not given.
We should all use the garbage can more to put this crap into and close the lid. End of problem.

Nope that quote belongs in the garbage. If someone says something knowing full well it will offend you, and that's the only reason they say it, stand up and call them out. Some people are just trolling arseholes. And just like the school bully, they hide when you call them out.

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:21 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Go Pies

In other words the deal maker didn't put the deal through properly. For me that is one aspect of his presidency. Times up IMO. Ed's done a tremendous job & got us a premiership. I'll be eternally grateful.

However, it's time for him to step down graciously.

At the same time I want Bucks & Ed to succeed. By Ed's own admission through the review the club didn't properly support Bucks. Where does the buck stop? If Gary Pert is an answer then to what extent was the role of the CEO allowed to under- perform by the board (read Eddie) ?

Times up imo.

If Ed was in the business sector say at an ASX listed company he would be gone by now.....the gaffs and the poor on field performance under his watch would have been his undoing.

You also have to question a man who openly questions his own position at the club...then backtracks on it because apparently his family members told him he should stay. If after 20 years your not sure about your ability/desire to continue you should have done the honorable thing and stood aside.

I guess at any rate now it does not matter. 2018 Bucks and Eddie's jobs are linked to one another.....I truly hope they have a plan to get the club back on a decent footing.... Or i look forward to Eddie trying to talk his way out of resigning if we are still in the bottom six this time next year.

Last edited by derkd on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:21 pm

double post
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: