Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:52 pm
Post subject: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR!!!Reply with quote

Off to a very nice start indeed...

S
P
U
R
S

"...Daicos, this is where
he's at his best -- The
Master! That is all it
takes!"
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

all things come to those who wait WKB, and the fall of Spurs will happen. I think Rachel Hunter summed it up best "It wont happen overnight, but it will happen!"

Enjoy it while you can. When is the Nth London Derby?, need to be soon for you guys I reckon!

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:27 pm

They want to hope it's sandwiched between 2 away Champion's league ties so we take our eye off the ball & field our reserves, even then I 'd fancy us to win.

Really who can live with us at the moment?

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:06 pm

This happens pretty much every season. Some upstart gets off to a good start but soon enough gets taken back into the field. Charlton, Sunderland, Bolton Wanderers? Villa was up there until half way through a couple of seasons back... Spurs when they make their rare forays towards any position other than 6-12 usually come back pretty quickly. Perenial mediocrity, and the occasional flurry at the League Cup or FA Cup. If they manage to keep most of that young talent and get some decent reliable imports, then maybe, but then again that's what they said about the Hammers and look at them now...

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:54 pm

Well WKB Tottenham managed to break the cycle in the last 10-15 years-your phrase
quote:
bigger teams will always poach the better players from clubs because of money and the lure of europe

could have been written about Spurs in the days that they lured Chris Waddle form Newcastle for £400,000 or Paul allen from West Ham for about the same or even Gazza from NUFC for £2.3m but somehow the geniuses in charge at WHL managed to break the cycle & now it's a case of taking a punt on the likes of Davies/Etherington or buying has beens & cast offs(Sir Les/Teddy the ****/Jamie Redknapp).

Poor old Tottenham.

ROSSGOD 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:27 am

Spurs will keep doing alright I see them like the Pies a couple of years ago, they have made sweeping changes to their off field coaching and finance people, and unlike a lot of other clubs (eg Leeds) they have spent wisely and within budget (Keane, Redknapp, Acimovic, Richards). You can't climb the mountain in one season and while they do have a number of older players there (Teddy, Sir Les, Sherwood) they are still giving good service, it is their young talent that really promises for the future. It has been proven before that for clubs like Tottenham you can't buy a premiership you must build one, and Spurs are well on their way. Their performance so far is especially pleasing with all the injuries they have had- Though Rebrov will have to go when the trading period comes again, if he can't get a game now he never will, I think we might be losing some money on that one.
Go Spurs

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:49 pm

Hehe 'I like the cut of your gib'-that's the sort of phrase I use WKB you really are a man after my own heart it's such a shame that you've been brainwashed into supporting the yids.

As for Sol yeah it's good isn't it he gets a nice break whilst all the other players are battling it out for England he should be nice & fesh for our next game.

Ps Are there any Tottenham players in the England squad these days?

[This message has been edited by DIPPER (edited 11 October 2002).]
ROSSGOD 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:08 pm

Is Sherringham still in the team or has he retired. Besides Freund???/Ziege are in the german squad, Davies the Welsh, Keane the Irish, Keller the US, King/Ethrington?? in the under 21's so we are not doing to bad. We can't have any of the French, because they all play at Fulham or Arsenal. Ahead of Man Utd to.

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:16 pm

Does anybody here actually support spurs or am i the only one. We have fallen off a bit, only because of a run in with very good oppostion. we have only lost one game that should have been a win 'the sunderland game'. only a wogy goalkeeper came victory against chelsea and of course being 1 nil down against the reigning champions and your best young player gets sent off for what can only be called a 'pathetic decision'. and another pathetic decision gives liverpool aa penalty and victory against us. we have been unlucky so far but our form at home is very good. now with a full side including anderton and ziege we should get into at least the top 5, but we will have to start winning away, but we also have to start beating teams above us which has been a problem. and Robbie Keane 'what a legend!!!!!

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:44 am

Well Dipper you can bag us all you want, i have just seen the 2 worst performances by spurs, ok we might have half our side out injured but we havent even looked like scoring recently, and as for casey keller the day he pisses off back to the U.S is the day we might actually beat a team above us. Im sick and tired of seeing a team like spurs with a team of very good players get beaten by over acheivers like southampton. maybe we might be able to beat them on friday night in the fa cup!!!

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:49 pm

Well Creedy the most worrying thing for Spurs as a club is that many gooners like me don't go around bagging you lot too much cos we can't be bothered, the rivalry gets lesser & lesser as we chase trophies.It's much more important to me that Man U/Liverpool/Chelsea/Newcastle not only lose but that they make mistakes in the transfer market etc so that we can remain dominant.

I was listening to the radio on new years day to a football phone in station & all these yiddo supporters were coming on saying how can we be below these clubs that are smaller than us like Southampton, Man City & Everton.It was like they felt they had some divine right to be doing well but the truth is that Everton always been a bigger club than Spurs & Man City is becoming one & Southampton are having a great season.

i don't know what's wrong with Tottenham, i don't think hoiddles' crash hot in the transfer market & that could be the main thing, he pays over the odds for certain players & buys a collection of average players & older ones as well.

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:22 pm

Completely agree. i think that picking teddy up again on a free transfer was a good deal. The last couple of years i have got quite excited with the inclusions of Ziege, Redknapp, Keane and Richards and rightly so they have all done really well so far, but it really shows how terrible we were from the departure time of Lineker and Gazza till last year there isnt any class apart from those four maybe except Anderton and the youngsters Davies and King. We need to pick up another good striker.

I thought at the point we picked up Keano we had a good chance of a Champions league spot and an excellent chance of an uefa cup spot. But with the fact that we keep playing duds like iverson and keller 7th spot is our target. There is no doubt in my mind that we have better lists than Everton, Newcastle, Southampton and every team below us.
I will not be happy untill we actually start playing to potential and when Hoddle makes the decision to drop that dud yank keller for neil sullivan.

COME ON SPURS!! LIFT YOUR GAME!!!

cpc
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:15 pm

Hello matey.

In regards to my point on spurs supporters I was referring to a couple who rang into some radio show & I was struck by how innarticulate they were, they could barely speak English(every club has supporters like this) & they genuinely thought that Spurs was a bigger club than it is & felt they had some divine right to be up with the big boys.

I didn't have a go at Spurs supporters as a whole-to be honest I'm able to detatch myself enough to realise that your average Spurs supporter is very similar to your average Arsenal supporter.Except one has more to cheer about but cheers less & the other has less to cheer about but cheers more.

Despite Spurs letting things drift when perhaps they should have grasped the nettle & invested a bit more in becoming a bigger club you only have to look at Leeds (& to some respect Chelsea) to see a club that has gatecrashed the top table & is now paying the price, really it's better that Spurs didn't go down that road.

Arsenal were lucky we got Wenger at the right time to cash in on champs league football & the money it brings, despite being the 3rd biggest club in the country we could well have been left with the pack if he hadn't come when we did.The only club that now looks likely to manage to break into the Man U/Liverpool/Arsenal thing now is Newcastle.

A pretty shocking display from the Yiddos on Saturday but to some degree you've ruined my enjoyment of such days WKB, oh for sure I loved it & oh did I laugh but once upon a time it was undiluted pleasure & I would mock the yiddo army relentlessly but now there's a little bit of me that thinks of my old mucker 10,000 miles away staying up late to watch the game with his hopes high & I can't help thinking that you deserve better than those gutless wonders are giving you.

It's a bit like star wars you've been taken by the dark side but if you look closely enough you can see the light & Obe Wenger Kenobi & Sol Skywalker are waiting for you.

Melted cheese products & afternoon naps that sounds like the go, you could become my lifestyle guru.

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:06 am

Hey WKB, do you want to read a load of crap rumors. Get on the spurs website www.spurs.co.uk and get on the chat. The amount of crap i read on there.

cpc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: