Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australia defeats England

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:52 am
Post subject: Australia defeats EnglandReply with quote

3 goals to 1!!!!!

Go Aussies!!!!

And Harry Kewell, you're a legend!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to laugh.

THREE ONE, THREE ONE, THREE ONE.

I hope the English press give the players an absolute caning.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

May the Magpies Prosper!
Greg J
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:43 am

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC!!!

ENGLAND ARE OFFICALLY SHIT AT ALL SPORT....

Don't forget they have 18,000,000 people in London alone to pick from...we have about 100,000 who play soccer including under - agers
GO AUSSIES

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
LondonPIE Pisces

Come and join the Putney Magpies BARFL team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:41 am

Just got back from the game and geez what a bloody fantastic game it was....

Only 3000 Aussie supporters in the gound but out sang the 31000 English with songs like "Bring on Zimbabwe" and "You'll never win the ashes" and in the second half the classic "Bring on your First Team".. The English tried to retort for a brief moment after they scored with "Who are ya" but got shot down with the reply "Who Cares"...

Oh and the game was bloody great too... We caned them and although we won 3-1 we can say that we beat their very best 2-0.
Roll on the world cup I say...

Audre est Facere!!
Life is all Black and White

[This message has been edited by LondonPIE (edited 13 February 2003).]
LondonPIE Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:08 am

LOL WKB Smith is a bit of a fool but he can't help it with his nose. I am glad I didn't have to listen to him is all I can say.

But what was good was to see that Judas had a bad game in defence along with that great home ground keeper Calamity James. Every time he went for a cross he was flapping like he was trying to fly.. We did ask him "whats it like to lose at home" but James didn't seem to hear 3000 people shouting at him at once. Perhaps he has heard it a few times already this season ha ha

Audre est Facere!!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:24 am

As long as England refer to Seaman as their number 1 goal keeper they will be crap.

I dont think England took the game that seriously though. However im sure the English will take the game seriously and teear the team to pieces.

jlc

Symonds picked on potential for the fifth year running ;)

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
LondonPIE Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:33 am

Oh I think they took it seriously.. Sven said after the game that some of the players wanted to stay on to make amends for their dyer first half. But Sven said no your clubs want you rested for the weekend. So he brought on the school boys who played much better than the firsts.
Picked up one of the first edition morning papers on the way home and they are allready ripping into the team big style.. Drawing 2-2 with Macadonia and losing to the Aussies 3-1  (both games at home) some of them will be calling for Sven to quit..

Audre est Facere!!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:45 am

Personally i think the soccer team are similar to the cricket team in that they need new blood. Seaman and James are past their best. WheN kIRKLAND is fit he should be the number 1 goal keeper.

Hopefully Rooney keeps developing as well

jlc

Symonds picked on potential for the fifth year running ;)

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:53 am

Does anyone eles think it is possible for England to be scared in every sport we play against them. Its just like we beat them at everything??

Long Live the mite and power of
Shane Morwood (member of 1990 team,1988 Vic rep)
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:34 am

It would have been great to go to the match.....

I guess thats one up you have on us London dave....

Good to see posh spice comforting becks after the match...

To many egos on that english side....they need to face facts...they are no good....

Kewell is a gun

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:32 am

yeh theres a replay on 2nite on SBS at 7pm, if u want to have a cheap laugh at the pommies expense!

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:29 am

Make no mistake the English took this seriously.
They're just not that good.
The real difference between the two sides is that our boys have got a great commaradary within the team.
Well ofcourse there is also the Kewell factor. What a gun, they only wish they had a someone as good as this kid is.
Believe me, this is from someone who has waited for this moment for a long long time. How sweet it is.

Dont the Poms now forfeit the entire country to Australia. Seeing as they cant seem to beat us at anything.
Thinking again what the hell would we do with a rabble like that, maybe we could send our convicted criminals there or something ?.

Bring on the World Cup

Go Pies 2003!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:54 pm

Nice win for a laugh, but has about as much relevance as an intra club practice match in February, as Frank Farina pointed out in the after match interview I saw, doesn't get us any closer to world cup qualification.

creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:26 pm

England would have taken it seriously but we had so much more to play for and treated it like a final. We had to prove to the world that Oceania do deserve a direct entrant into the world cup. We also had to shut up all the people who still think we are a joke.

I wouldnt go saying that England are crap, they are far from it and have a superior side with class and depth than we do and i think they can take positives like the performances of-; Rooney, Hargreaves, Jenus and King, they are all good young players.

It was a friendly so i dont think we should get cocky but we have proved to the world that we are a force.

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:33 pm

OK here goes, I'm a sports fan not purely a football fan like so many people in England.
A friendly against any one at this time of year is pretty meaningless & normally I wouldn't give a crap, football friendlies don't mean anything to me any more they're totally devalued & I wouldn't have gone ot that or any other friendly even if some one ahd given me free tickets but what disgusted me is that the football pr1cks don't realise that those of us who watch particualrly cricket & rugby but pretty much most sports cop loads of sh1t off the Aussies & it was their duty to do the business against Australia in the football.If we'd have won there woiuld ahve been no bragging rights for us but it would have stopped us having to put up with this sh1t.
Australia desreved to win absolutely, i don't believe in excuses, if you take the fixture then that's it you take the consequences.

A couple of people on here have said that of course England took the game seriously but I don't think they did, certainly the fans didn't really & you can't be taking it that seriously if you change the whole side at half time but that's no excuse that's our fault we should have done better & no one forced us not only change the team at ht but actually broadcast the fact days in advance-it was bloody stupid.

Obviously Australia is a beter sporting nation than England & beat us at most things but to those twits on here that have said you beat us at everything let's not totally decieve people I know most of you don't give a hoot coming from Melbourne but we've beaten your rugby team(world champions) the last 3 times we've played them so let's get some perspective it's not total one way traffic just nearly.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: