Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kayle Kirby: Mt Everest, cure for cancer & sub 3 minute

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm
Post subject: Kayle Kirby: Mt Everest, cure for cancer & sub 3 minute Reply with quote

Great news, word on the street is that if Kayle can climb Mt Everest, cure cancer and run a 3 minute mile by August 28th, he shall be eligible for Senior selection.

cheers

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like there is zero chance of even an experimental crack all in the name of showing him who's boss.

Actually FFS, if he ain't fit enough after 20 rounds of the AFL then our conditioning team needs to be sacked on the spot. It's a disgrace, he hasn't been injured and he hasn't been suspended for doing anything untoward. He's attended training and has the Lexus Centre to train in. He's done more than most in the twos for his role, yet nothing.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Cam wrote:
Seems like there is zero chance of even an experimental crack all in the name of showing him who's boss.

Actually FFS, if he ain't fit enough after 20 rounds of the AFL then our conditioning team needs to be sacked on the spot. It's a disgrace, he hasn't been injured and he hasn't been suspended for doing anything untoward. He's attended training and has the Lexus Centre to train in. He's done more than most in the twos for his role, yet nothing.

With the Liberal Party moving to the left, the Labor Party moving to the centre our match committee are now officially the new "Conservative Party"!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 pm

It isn't about fitness only. That's a limited way of seeing things with respect to KK.

Balance out the positives v the negatives about playing him now when the season is done & dusted. KK can lose more than he can gain if we play him too early IMO.

What did Essendon lose by playing McDonald-Tippiniwutti for 12-18 months in the VFL?

We need to temper our impatience. Hasten slowly.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 pm

I'd play him in the last game of the year as a reward for his VFL season, give him a taste and hopefully that'll keep him motivated during the break and have him coming back with his weight in check and hungry for more senior games in 2018.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
It isn't about fitness only. That's a limited way of seeing things with respect to KK.

Balance out the positives v the negatives about playing him now when the season is done & dusted. KK can lose more than he can gain if we play him too early IMO.

What did Essendon lose by playing McDonald-Tippiniwutti for 12-18 months in the VFL?

Anthony William Watson McDonald-Tipungwuti[1] (born 22 April 1993) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing with the Essendon Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was drafted by Essendon with their second selection in the 2015 rookie draft.[2] McDonald-Tipungwuti made his debut in Round 1 of the 2016 season against the Gold Coast Suns.

*cough*

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

I believe he was on the Essendon VFL list prior to being drafted.

I'll call it 15 all.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Dissappointed Kirb hasn't been given a game in the firsts. There is no VFL player that deserves it more!! I would go out of the way and play Elliot or Faz on the wing! I don't see us winning the game against the Power and really the 8 is way out of reach. Time to develop the young players. Time wasted!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Cam wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Anthony William Watson McDonald-Tipungwuti[1] (born 22 April 1993) is a professional Australian rules footballer playing with the Essendon Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was drafted by Essendon with their second selection in the 2015 rookie draft.[2] McDonald-Tipungwuti made his debut in Round 1 of the 2016 season against the Gold Coast Suns.

*cough*

They're just facts Wink Embarassed

However he has been developing a long time compared to KK who is relatively new to AFL

A Mc-W came to Melbourne about 7 years ago apparently if not more & spent the 2016 pre season & the time before that getting very fit (with Patrick Ambrose)

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-05-28/mcdonaldtipungwuti-making-a-mark

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_McDonald-Tipungwuti

I was under the misapprehension that he was drafted the year before but reading the above he was with Gippsland Power & Essendon VFL (who seemed to put time into him).

KK started in footy seriously not all that long ago if I recall his preseason info advising us....and remember my memory is....

The overall point then is to get the game & levels of fitness, learning to be part of the team, professional requirements, others learning about his game style etc before he is elevated.

I do like Swoops idea though except we play bloody Essendon in the last game. Casey tagged him tightly out in Casey & sucked him to put him off his game. He can expect that many times over. I'd rather mollycoddle him this year.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:21 am

FFS peoples, I reckon some are getting their balls in a knot unnecessarily. Naturally, we are all impatient to see the Kirbinator unleashed on the MCG in the seniors. I honestly can't remember being as excited about any 18 yr old player on our list. He is oozing with talent and is built like a brick shizen houzen. However, apart from building up his fitness, it seems that he has needed this year to learn all about the structures, gameplans and defensive aspects of the game, which are essential at AFL level.

Remember also, that playing as a small/medium forward, he is in competition with Fasolo, Elliott and Blair for a spot in our team. Despite his many critics, Blair has been very good for us in recent weeks and so deserves to hold his spot. Similarly, neither Fasolo or Elliott will be dropped.

Let's all have a bit of faith in our coaches to know how to develop Kirby, so that when he does debut, he'll make an immediate impact and won't look all at sea. Despite him not playing a single senior game yet, Kirby is my favourite player on our list, so I'm as bullish about him as anyone, but I also have confidence in our coaches to know when he's ready.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:26 am

Don't worry I will remember it.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 am

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS peoples, I reckon some are getting their balls in a knot unnecessarily. Naturally, we are all impatient to see the Kirbinator unleashed on the MCG in the seniors. I honestly can't remember being as excited about any 18 yr old player on our list. He is oozing with talent and is built like a brick shizen houzen. However, apart from building up his fitness, it seems that he has needed this year to learn all about the structures, gameplans and defensive aspects of the game, which are essential at AFL level.

Remember also, that playing as a small/medium forward, he is in competition with Fasolo, Elliott and Blair for a spot in our team. Despite his many critics, Blair has been very good for us in recent weeks and so deserves to hold his spot. Similarly, neither Fasolo or Elliott will be dropped.

Let's all have a bit of faith in our coaches to know how to develop Kirby, so that when he does debut, he'll make an immediate impact and won't look all at sea. Despite him not playing a single senior game yet, Kirby is my favourite player on our list, so I'm as bullish about him as anyone, but I also have confidence in our coaches to know when he's ready.

Lies you were more excited about Brendan Abbott ' The Post Card Bandit with the Cannon Legs of Dougy Barwick'.

www.facebook/the hybernators
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 pm

I actually haven't seen any highlights of him play at all yet, so just wondering... if you had to put a 'tag' on him - would he be a 'Stevie Johnson' type of small/medium forward?
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Play Blair and the coach is playing favorites
Demand Kirby play senior football and get games pumped into him

Because he is the messiah

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:46 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
I actually haven't seen any highlights of him play at all yet, so just wondering... if you had to put a 'tag' on him - would he be a 'Stevie Johnson' type of small/medium forward?

More like Byron Pickett only stronger in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: