Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender athletes back on the agenda

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a person at the Thomastown Market last Sunday.

They were clearly a biological Male, give away was the full beard.

50+ due to the grey messy shoulder length hair and beard, about 5'6" and slim build.

What attracted my attention was the outfit.

Black fishnet stockings, vivid green wrap around skirt and 6" silver stiletto's.

It was freezing cold and the market was full of mud and puddles, how the fck they got around in those stiletto's had me fckd.

TT Market is like the UN, bits of everwhere. Stall holders if they aren't Asian are largely older European or middle Eastern gentlemen. There's even a pop up stall with a couple of guys spreading the holy word of the Koran.

This person strolled around like everyone else, attracting not a lot of interest or curiosity from stall holders or patrons which made me somewhat happy. I was even happier when they bent over in front of me to examine some trinket as I was walking toward them and they were wearing underwear.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:46 pm

Quote:
London: Boxing is planning a pioneering category for transgender fighters, in an attempt to avoid the controversy which has torn apart many other sports.

The radical plan has been revealed by Mauricio Sulaiman, the president of the World Boxing Council, who believes his sport needs to look closely at the issue of “safety and inclusion”. His proposal is that:

The WBC will next year issue a “global call” for trans athletes to come forward if they want to compete, with the aim of setting up a separate league or tournament;
Trans athletes will not be able to compete against non-trans fighters;
The sport would look to adopt the “at birth” rule, meaning a trans fighter born a man would only be able to compete against a fellow trans fighter born a man.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/boxing/man-cannot-fight-a-woman-boxing-to-introduce-trans-world-titles-20230101-p5c9o5.html

Sounds fair to me. They're going to put out a global call for those who are interested in 2023 set up the protocols, start consultation and most likely create a league and a tournament.

The underlying principle is safety,
Quote:
A man fighting a woman must never be accepted, regardless of gender change.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:45 pm

WOW! Awesome news, and brilliantly put

Keep it rolling

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:36 am

So how do the biological essentialists feel about trans women and trans men competing with each other? Or, re: the bolded section above, does concern about physical safety and strength differences immediately disappear once cis women are out of the picture?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:12 am

Didn't read it properly, did you.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:42 am

Touché, I did misread the last line of your original quote. But the article itself is otherwise unclear, as it suggests that they're starting up a new "category" with an eye to starting "a separate league or tournament" – note the singular there, not plural. So it's quite unclear where transgender men fit into this picture: whether they will be admitted into this separate league (in which case my post above stands), still be permitted to compete with cis women (which would contradict the line above), or whether the administrators simply haven't considered them at all. Wouldn't surprise me all that much if it was the latter.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:50 pm

No, the way I read the article is that all fights would be based on birth gender.

In the Trans competition, people genetically women would fight people genetically women and the same with the men. So no disadvantage to anyone and trans boxers would not compete against non-trans people.

A woman who transitioned to a man would only fight against women who had transitioned to men and vice versa with men who had transitioned.

The goal is that at no point would you have a genetic male fighting a genetic female, irrespective of gender identification.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:26 pm

Yep that’s how I read it too!
Ie common sense

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 am

Cis women. Ugh first thing I saw in David’s post. Women, we are just women! We have not changed a $$%^%%$ thing, we don’t need to change OUR identity, or our name!

Bogut is one hundred percent correct. A biological male should not be playing basketball against biological females. Fullstop. It’s not a mixed league, it’s a women’s league.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:35 am

Do you get offended by being called straight, or white? Should I be offended by being called able-bodied?

None of these terms change who you are, whether or not you ever thought of them as part of your identity; they’re all used in relation and contrast to others. Your annoyance is no different to that of people who got riled up by being called straight or heterosexual back when gay rights first became a part of mainstream discourse.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:36 am

who called you that??!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:30 pm

It's a term for anyone who doesn't have a disability. I understand some people might feel an internal resistance to it, because the thing they've always taken for granted as "just being normal" is now a thing that feels like being labelled and placed in a box. But fair's fair: we've always done the same for minorities, so it makes sense for every minority descriptor – disabled, gay, transgender, etc. – to have its counterpart.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:04 pm

i was being sarcastic and not funny i guess!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:10 pm

Basketball is actually one sport where I could be convinced it's OK for Trans women to play againt biological women.

There's already freaks of nature playing in both male and female comps in the USA, and basketball is (theoretically) a non-contact sport so any size and strength advantage is essentially nullified and it comes back to skill.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Basketball is actually one sport where I could be convinced it's OK for Trans women to play againt biological women.

There's already freaks of nature playing in both male and female comps in the USA, and basketball is (theoretically) a non-contact sport so any size and strength advantage is essentially nullified and it comes back to skill.

nope, no exceptions.

i played a fair bit of basketball, and mixed i lasted 2 games, not worth dying!! even mixed netball is rough as hell.

but there can be no exceptions, either they get their own comp up and running, or they play against their birth sex, whether they have their bits or not

funny, how many women turned men are hanging out to play with the boys?

its not fair to women,

it will put girls off sport,

end of story.

yes someone gets their feelings hurt, but in this male dominated world its about time women got a fair go. and no, for the majority of situations they dont, not really. its always a token effort,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 28 of 36   

Jump to: