Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
GreekLunatic wrote:
I was in shock seeing pie supporters leaving at the end of the 3rd . I think people have had enough even after one game. That is what damming to me
Those same people will plan to do something other than football next week.

I’m not going - so my 3 reserved Collingwood pack seats will be empty.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:34 am

To quote the Maynard who actually performs consistently
"Seems like I've been here before, seems so familiar"

The only surprise of the night was when Clarkson said we were a good outfit...must of been taking the piss

My demon supporting mate feels sorry for me....how much further can we fall?

If either of those bums had a shred of decency they would have resigned last night

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:43 am

swoop42 wrote:
Mason Cox 0 marks from about what 12 attempts.

Never seen the likes of it.

Treloar finds the ball but butchers it way to often for a player that costs us a bundle.

His DE was 40.6 and 19 of his 32 disposals were bloody handballs.

Unbelievable.

At the end of the day though the Hawks are just so well drilled under Clarkson and once again it seems like groundhog day out on the field for us.

I'd also like to add the fact the Phillips seems to have escaped all scrutiny.We've been going on about Trealor butchering the ball and a few others but seriously, have you ever seen anyone else butcher the ball more than Philips??? He gave his usual performance of kicking the ball from the last line of defence about 20 metres to front and centre straight to the opposition.His monumental stuff up in the square was straight out of the U8 play book and his inexplicable fumble and then loss of the footy when it went straight to him on the forward flank when no one was within 10 metres was just such an embarrassment as to make me think he is just as bad as Smith.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:52 am

K wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Langdon was a absolute liability tonight. ... 6 goals were his responsibility last night and that's not including the goal were instead of tackling Gunston near the point post he shoves him through a attempted team mates tackle towards the goal posts. ...

That goal was an astonishing display of ineptitude from both defenders.

Actually, as others have noted, the tackling in general was inept in 'both directions', i.e. in terms of both missed tackles and frees against for contact too high.

Don't forget, when talking of ineptitude, the effort of Grundy in the second qtr when he 'TRIED"??? to handball through the goals and managed to NOT do it and put it straight into the path of the opposition who casually soccered a goal from the square.
Don't forget, when talking of ineptitude, that Collingwood FC not only suspended JDG but put him to work as a labourer and then made him train with the reserves AFTER work and then wonder why he did a hammy and rather than punish him in private, they pandered to th the haters and subsequently we have Smith and Philips in the team.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:53 am

Same as last year. We play the “safe” boring Buckley game plan until we get far enough behind to abandon that and take risks. Then we look a lot better.

I’d rather take risks and lose every week than stick with the boring Buckley style.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 am

Lone Ranger wrote:
Same as last year. We play the “safe” boring Buckley game plan until we get far enough behind to abandon that and take risks. Then we look a lot better.

I’d rather take risks and lose every week than stick with the boring Buckley style.

hear hear
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 am

piedys wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Oh lordy - I give up. Go for it you pessimists and negative critics!!! Laughing Laughing Any chance of doing me a favour and being constructive in your criticism and not personally rubbishing the greats (of various ilks) of our club while you're doing it?
I just can't understand how that amounts to supporting a club. Just my personal bent.

Supporting a club also demands being a realist; not a pandering toady.
It's round 1, and countless posters on this forum, myself included have simply had a GUTFUL of Buckley, and possibly McGuire.

Firstly, 2 years was too much of an extension for this coach; should have been one year max, to match our levels of tolerance.

All we can say for certain, is that Buckley has slaughtered another pre-season, with the previous 6 months now WASTED, as we will without a doubt fall behind the other teams jockeying for a spot in the eight.
By the time the disposal efficiency improves to an even remotely acceptable standard, the horse will have bolted and there will be too much ground to make up.

And if I were to quote every correct observation about tonight's pathetic performance in the previous ten pages, it would take one half an hour to read it.

Seems like every two years or so, we dish up the most putrid, retarded efforts that one can imagine, in round one...

I gave us away when we started that kicking the ball backwards shit again, coughing it up several times. We all knew we were GONE at half time; admit it.

Seriously, how long did it take Moron-central in the coaches box to determine Varcoe was the only player we had physically, to match up on Burgoyne?!

I thought we gifted Whorethorn a larger percentage of their goals through our sheer ineptitude, and piss weak second efforts; for example: Grundy not taking the ball over the goal line, Langdon's inexplicably weak chase and effort to tackle on Bruest in the third term, Hoskin Elliotts's poor chase and reading of Puopolo's[?] turning circle in the same quarter. And all the marks [utter sodas] we split, and not only Cox, while they made it look like they were kicking a dry ball around all night?!

Also, how about everybody shut the f*ck up with the incessant whingeing over Cox? If the weather had been dry, you know very well he would have taken a large percentage of those grabs, instead of the ball falling to two Whorethorn players because our idiots were nowhere to be seen, or simply running up and down on the spot. If Cox is getting bodied under the ball, it's probably because our coaches are shithouse; and you know they are.
These are possibly the wettest conditions he has played in, and he is finding it very challenging indeed; he will learn a hell of a lot from tonight's game.
Many other players in the side WON'T, basically because they are lazy, complacent, over rated [by this forum mainly], ball slaughtering hacks.

And bravo Jordan DeDrunkard; tonight was the butterfly effect from your selfishness; tow the line or f*ck off. We were one capable midfielder short from making this a genuine contest tonight, and you can wear some blame.

And f*ck me sideways, we missed Goldsack out there alright, our barometer for physical aggression and flying the flag.

So yeah Pies, keep up these shithouse efforts, and we'll see how long the constructive criticisms last in the post match forums here... and I'm letting you off lightly tonight too; but be wary of the jaded fans with shredded patience and waning tolerance for ineptitude of this magnitude.

And for what it's worth - Jonathon Brown was justified; you really do play like you train. Football FACT, across all leagues and codes. Simplez.

Dyso rant over. *sigh*

This will go down as the post OF THE YEAR!!! I sort of agree/Disagree about JDG.he did stuff up but the club stuffed up even more by putting him to work as a labourer and making him train ,after work, with the 2's.We needed him badly last night.And you failed to mention the at least 4 monumental stuff ups by Philips,which I've addressed in another post, but I think you speak for the many.You're dead right about KNOWING we were beaten at 1/2 time. And I guess you were too disgusted to even mention Mitchel breaking the possession record against this club.The BEARS !!Yes.Collingwood??NO!!! not only that but he's done it in consecutive games against us and had 40 odd in the other game last year.A total of about147 possessions in 3 games and 9 Brownlow votes. Embarassed
Where's Schanenberg??? WTF is going on with this kid? Why didn't Brown play instead of Smith who has done SWA in the practice games. Have we not learned a single thing??
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:12 am

Lone Ranger wrote:

Yes, our refusal to play on at any cost is astonishing, and way out of line compared with the rest of the AFL.
When Sam Murray burst through as he did, playing on with fantastic aggression and boldness, I was consciously shocked: that was just so unfamiliar and amazing for a Collingwood player to do. And yet, examples of it were produced regularly by all teams that I have watched so far in Round 1.
I agree totally with Dyso who pointed out the inappropriately harsh criticism of Cox. Cox can be anything, depending on how the team is coached in relation to him, and the abilities of those players. If our side has not been systematically drilled on how to position themselves in relation to Cox in order to profit from the opportunities that arise when he brings the ball to ground, then yes of course he is a liability because of his lack of pace. In fact, Hawthorn knew better than us how to take advantage of Cox's talents.
As Dyso said, the ball was very slippery out there, and Cox did not adjust, but dropping him now would be retrograde and confidence shattering (assuming that he doesn't get a one match ban).
We had an enormous component of our talent missing last night, so I was always fearful of the result. But what was so disappointing that the high energy intensity in tackling and ferocity for the contested ball, our strengths late last year, were totally missing. That is why Hawthorn looked so at ease. We all know from the past that they in particular are very susceptible to our hallmark pressure. Why were we so apparently unprepared for Round 1? The difference between us and the rest of the comp (including Carlton) on that score is quite extraordinary.
The

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 am

BazBoy wrote:
So OK we are winless after first round and there will I guess be changes

Looking at availability of experience we have Fasolo. Blair Mayne next week

But the ranks of experienced players thin out with DeGoey ,Wells and Greenwood not match fit

We are in for a few weeks against some finalists of 2017 before we play others

How can you possibly mention Blair as an IN ?? God help us all.He must never play a senior game again.Smith shouldn't either. Scharenberg I thought Was a first pick at half back,NO?? Callum Brown??/No we'll put Smith's spuds in instead.I could just go on but I am just over it.We're cooked for this year.It's obvious our Skipper isn't happy to be playing,It's obvious our side lacks basic skills, they panic anytime an indigenous player goes anywhere near the footy and we still can't kick a goal to save our selves as underlined by the SKIPPER missing a crucial goal that would have put us fair square back in the game but from the kick in from his miss we concede 2 goals in a minute. There is no " Settle down it's only round 1' .We're gone.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 am

This will go down as the post OF THE YEAR!!! I sort of agree/Disagree about JDG.he did stuff up but the club stuffed up even more by putting him to work as a labourer and making him train ,after work, with the 2's (quote from Mudlark referencing Dyso's post).
Agree that Dyso's post is a masterpiece. Expresses brilliantly our frustrations and also explains the reasons in a nutshell.
And agree with Mudlark's remarks about De Goey. The club stuffed up by finding a penalty, to placate "public opinion" that harmed both the team and De Goey.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 am

Called it through 2016. We were going no-where and to keep on the path would be only wasting time and travelling further on the path away from a premiership team.

Called it again last year. Called it again after the first JLT in 2018. More of the same. And staying in one spot is going backwards in this comp.

We are a rabble now. Too many spuds playing. We don't play to our strengths or play best percentages. Losing is one thing, losing by playing consistently dumb footy just anoys the sh!t out of me. I could give examples of what I'm talking about, but why bother.

I'm planning to go see us against GWS, Blues & ANZAC. I'm hoping like a snow flakes chance in he'll that we'll improve. But in all likelihood we are bottom 4. And a bottom 4 team with the 5th oldest list. We are not at ground zero yet. The direction needed to change 2 years ago to stop a complete bottom out. Alas that boat has sailed. Prepare for the pain late 90s style.
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:36 am

Bad coach. And very average squad. And that’s the coach’s fault who has been at the helm now for 7 seasons. This is his seventh season. Ponder that for a moment. He is done as a coach. Eddie wanted to make sure Buckley didn’t coach anywhere but Collingwood. He got that spot on. He will never be a coach of any other club. Who would want him after what he’s presided over at Collingwood in 7 seasons. Every season gets worst. It’s a calamity. We all want him to succeed but he’s totally out of his league as a coach and the sooner he’s moved on the better for everyone including Buckley. He looked deflated in the press conference. Imagine him trying to motivate the troops? Just ponder that for a moment. He can’t. Nice bloke, champion player, bad coach. If his name wasn’t Buckley he would have been sacked by 2014 at Collingwood. Let’s at least be honest with ourselves. Cause the AFL world is laughing at us.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:42 am

One thing I am yet to fathom is when a tall of our fails to mark a ball, the opposition most of the time are the ones to win the crumb and waltz away with it. Rarely do we have players that gather and move the ball in our direction. There were a few times last night the ball was kicked to Mason and the hawks had three players arrive at the same time, while Mason didn’t have a team mate within cooee. And the amount of times out players contests the back against each other resulting in an opposing player gathering the ball ln their feet and easily taking it away is embarrassing.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:50 am

Why was Moore moved forward late in the game?
What was the point when we have stated that we wanted him to play down back.
That is not taking into account our All Australian backman is playing forward and our top ten pick who played forward is now a backman.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:52 am

Flashman wrote:
We don't turn on our own.

So you are Happy we are the Laughing Stock of the AFL then? Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17   

Jump to: