Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Crisp is elite according to AFL data. He plays with butter on his hands instead of resin.

Shows what a Joke AFL Data and Champion Data is

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:57 am

Just when I thought that was one of worst perfomances I've witnessed in many years in terms of decision making up bobs the Australian Cricket team leadership group.

Having time to rest, to consider my thoughts in a more rational way I believe persepctive is needed. A measured approach is required. Accordingly,

Sack Bucks
Sack Eddie
Sack Smith
Sack Bancroft and
Sack the Crikcet team's leadership group

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:58 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Flashman wrote:
We don't turn on our own.

So you are Happy we are the Laughing Stock of the AFL then? Rolling Eyes

Dave its ok to turn on them, they placed their own personal agendas above the club.... I'll repeat that, they have put themselves before ALL that is or ever was at the expense of anyone who ever loved the club living or dead. We need to remove them as fast as humanly possible.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 am

watt price tully wrote:
Just when I thought that was one of worst perfomances I've witnessed in many years in terms of decision making up bobs the Australian Cricket team leadership group.

Having time to rest, to consider my thoughts in a more rational way I believe persepctive is needed. A measured approach is required. Accordingly,

Sack Bucks
Sack Eddie
Sack Smith
Sack Bancroft and
Sack the Cricket team's leadership group

You forgot Lehmann, there is no way on earth he isn't part of what happened.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 am

I think if you read every fifth post of mine for the past decade you'll see me bemoaning the fact that we have no genuine front and centre crumbers, and continue to ignore this facet of our game. Ludicrous and embarrassing. No, seriously, it's a FUNDAMENTAL of AFL, not just today, all eras, and we thumb our nose at it for some inexplicable reason.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Why aren't we ready or the AFL season? All the evidence so far is that we are not. Our preparation has failed. What have we been doing since early September? I want to know why all the other clubs since Thursday night look ready and we don't. (Quote from Perth)

Exactly. Why are we so far off the mark? Even Brisbane was better than us today.

I'm reminded again of this fun mantra that apparently has been embraced by the club the whole pre-season. (Previously, I was reminded of it when Nicksters complained about players allegedly high-fiving and laughing after the GWS practice match.) It all seems so amateurish. "Just have more fun and things will magically turn around."
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
I think if you read every fifth post of mine for the past decade you'll see me bemoaning the fact that we have no genuine front and centre crumbers, and continue to ignore this facet of our game. Ludicrous and embarrassing. No, seriously, it's a FUNDAMENTAL of AFL, not just today, all eras, and we thumb our nose at it for some inexplicable reason.
I think I do.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:06 am

Quote:
Terry Wallace was very critical of Collingwood who again struggled with their disposal efficiency. The AFL Nation expert feels Nathan Buckley's side lacks the overall ability and skill level required to be successful at AFL level. He said: "I'm sorry but this squad isn't good enough. There just isn't enough skill level in this team."
Stating the obvious.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:19 am

A fairly disappointing performance. The effort was there and we had periods of dominance. In the end, we lacked the offensive players to get the job done. Compare the two forward lines and there's your difference. We're not a team that can afford to be missing 4 of our forwards.

A credit to Hawthorn as well, they were better than expected.

The most disappointing part of the game was the performance of Adams and Varcoe. We need Adams to be stepping up and he was terrible, possibly the worst game he's played for the club. Same for Varcoe, barely touched it and we badly needed his run.

Sidebottom was clearly our best and probably the only experienced player who reached the expected standard. Stephenson and Murray acquitted themselves very well for first games, tough to do in a losing side.

Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:24 am

Re Cox. If he was not marking them with his hands - why did he not attempt one chest mark ? Did the coaching panel tell him to do anything about it or just leave him to make up his own mind.

AFL is played in winter and so much football is played at night that its unlikely that in Melb any side will play in "perfect" conditions for more than 4 or 5 games a year. What do we do about the rest of the season.

Next week if the big challenge for this side. They simply have to put in a better performance. The saving grace is that GWS like a number of interstate sides play poorly at the MCG. This should benefit us even though GWS have a stack more skill than us.

For the record in both 2016 and 2017 Collingwood staggered into the season with a sub standard level of intensity in the early rounds. we subsequently knew by rounds 6 or 7 that we would not be playing finals. I fear that 2018 will be a repeat of that.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:33 am

Tezza23 wrote:
Re Cox. If he was not marking them with his hands - why did he not attempt one chest mark ? Did the coaching panel tell him to do anything about it or just leave him to make up his own mind.

AFL is played in winter and so much football is played at night that its unlikely that in Melb any side will play in "perfect" conditions for more than 4 or 5 games a year. What do we do about the rest of the season.

Next week if the big challenge for this side. They simply have to put in a better performance. The saving grace is that GWS like a number of interstate sides play poorly at the MCG. This should benefit us even though GWS have a stack more skill than us.

For the record in both 2016 and 2017 Collingwood staggered into the season with a sub standard level of intensity in the early rounds. we subsequently knew by rounds 6 or 7 that we would not be playing finals. I fear that 2018 will be a repeat of that.

I just looked at the fixture.
We play GWS in the late afternoon or twilight match.
What a bummer. That time slot is neither here nor there.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:36 am

Donny wrote:
K wrote:
The only 3 Adams kicks I can recall for the game were all shocking turnovers:
1. Centre-square free helicoptered, giving team-mate no chance;
2. Inboard kick from wing to intended target 20m away, but 15m over his head;
3. Streaming forward from centre straight to opponent.

Treloar way worse - 40.6 DE. Adams - 60.

So we gave away 2 1st Rounders for yet another Bad Kick of the Ball?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:48 am

Doc63 wrote:
We were nutted in the coaches box - again

Well we have the Worse Coach in the League so that would be very hard

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:54 am

Mugwump wrote:
We played around with our structure today and paid the price. Well be better next week.

Keep Telling Yourself That Laughing

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:06 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
I don't see it as megalomania - more of a refusal to give in or to give up.

Germany, May 1945

Laughing Laughing Yes, there's a thin line between the two, I grant you.

No, not really.

If Buckley/Maguire were in charge they would have f#$%^d up the invasion of Poland 6 years previously

Oh lordy - I give up. Go for it you pessimists and negative critics!!! Laughing Laughing Any chance of doing me a favour and being constructive in your criticism and not personally rubbishing the greats (of various ilks) of our club while you're doing it? I just can't understand how that amounts to supporting a club. Just my personal bent.

I loved Buckley the player. He is one of our all time greats. I supported his appointment as coach. It took me a couple of seasons though to realise that Buckley the coach was not Buckley the player and that as a coach he was doomed to fail. That is not me being pessimistic or negative. It is me making a rational assessment based on what is occurring.

Some of you are deluded and think that after all this time Buckley needs even more time. Already the same posters are saying "give him x more weeks and after then we will know". When that period expires it will be "give him x more weeks and after then we will know". Each time there is a reason he requires more time. Usually, that reason encompasses an injury list that includes fringe AFL players or players that will never play many games due to their injury history. We are so unlucky to be the only club whose players ever receive injuries. Other coached never have to deal with that.

Last year when it was first mentioned that the club would have a review I posted that the terms of the review would be secret, the decisions and reasons would not be made public but that it would be used by the club (the president) to retain Buckley as coach. The response from the deluded on this board was"oh no they wouldn't do that". Well, what happened? Buckley was reappointed in circumstances where even he had thought that he would be leaving. The club did sack some assistants and a bean counter though.

There is quite a bit of support elsewhere for Buckley though. I was at a friend's house last night watching the game. Quite a few there believe that Buckley's contract extension was not long enough. They are not deluded though. They are quite rational in their thinking. Of course, they support Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn.

Last edited by 5 from the wing on debut on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17   

Jump to: