Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

US election 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you hope wins the US Election?
Trump
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Biden
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
This could make the voting decision a lot harder for Trump’s core constituency (white, racist misogynists with IQs under 85 with no job who think the World owes them a living and that people who can read and write and count are the problem). There’s a genuine chance they won’t know which decrepit, white male bigot to vote for. I expect a lot of excess deaths from brain-bleeding in, eg, Wisconsin as a result.

You're completely wrong here, black conservatives of both genders are welcomed with open arms by the right. Your ignorant caricature of Trump voters is nonsense. I'm a right winger, waaaay to the right and I have more in common with an African American conservative than I do with you and other white liberals.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:26 pm

Another little "everyman" fantasy. You don't have anything in common with any African American conservative.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Another little "everyman" fantasy. You don't have anything in common with any African American conservative.

Another arrogant and ignorant response. You don't know me and your caricaturing of conservatives proves you don't know them either.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

No he does, he has a lot in common with all three of them. They were the ones who put the toppings on the Pizzagate Pizzas.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:06 pm

Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Another arrogant and ignorant response. You don't know me and your caricaturing of conservatives proves you don't know them either.

There is a certain degree of impotence implicit in your remark. You have nothing in common with those people (except, perhaps, at a completely meaningless level of abstraction). Neither do I. But I’m not conceited enough to pretend that I do.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

There is a certain degree of impotence implicit in your remark. You have nothing in common with those people (except, perhaps, at a completely meaningless level of abstraction). Neither do I. But I’m not conceited enough to pretend that I do.

"Those people"

**** me Shocked
roar 

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:47 pm

^^ Now if you had used the term, "those people" - a correct term, in this situation - and someone had followed with a comment like yours, there would howls of "ridiculous leftist hyperbole" and "snowflakes".

Not that I agree with P4s - I'm sure you have a fair bit in common with black conservatives - but let's have some consistency.

Also, though I'm sure there are many on the right who would welcome people of colour, there is also a bunch who wouldn't.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 pm

The best chance of Biden winning is for the Democrats to keep him in hiding until the election.

He's going to get destroyed when the campaign trail intensifies and the debates occur. I still believe Sanders was Trump's biggest threat to the presidency.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Jezza wrote:
The best chance of Biden winning is for the Democrats to keep him in hiding until the election.

He's going to get destroyed when the campaign trail intensifies and the debates occur. I still believe Sanders was Trump's biggest threat to the presidency.

Reckon ur right but Bernie is too old. Same with Biden and Trump. I don’t want to sound ageist but apart from being a stumblebum Biden barely seems POTUS material.
Given Trump has lowered the bar so much then maybe things may turn on its head; he couldn’t do worse than Trump as he’s not likely to make China, Russia and Turkey great again given that it’s already been done by Trump.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
This could make the voting decision a lot harder for Trump’s core constituency (white, racist misogynists with IQs under 85 with no job who think the World owes them a living and that people who can read and write and count are the problem). There’s a genuine chance they won’t know which decrepit, white male bigot to vote for. I expect a lot of excess deaths from brain-bleeding in, eg, Wisconsin as a result.

I normally see this kind of insulting condescension from far left wingers with delusions of above average intelligence.

It's as smart and accurate as Hillary's Deplorable coments that worked so well for her, Insulting people's intelligence has never been a good method of convincing people to agree with you.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I normally see this kind of insulting condescension from far left wingers with delusions of above average intelligence.

It's as smart and accurate as Hillary's Deplorable coments that worked so well for her, Insulting people's intelligence has never been a good method of convincing people to agree with you.

Why do feel insulted by P4S observations: they weren’t personally directed at you yet your response was personally directed at him.

Trump does appeal to right wing white racists: he enables them. They are deplorable as you would agree. They aren’t the only people who vote for him; The nutter religious right (creationists) love him too.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:59 am

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Except, of course, that: 1 I’m not deluded; and 2 it’s entirely accurate. If you want to win the US “swing states”, it’s important to appreciate that they swing on the votes of white, racist misogynists with IQs under 85 - unless you can get enough other people to turn up to vote. Obama did. Clinton didn’t. Thus, a whole lot of people who think that Trump is capable of being their saviour determined the vote on the last occasion. You know it’s true. What’s your alternative explanation? You think a bunch of white, liberal feminists were struck by a bolt of Trump lightning on the Road to Damascus and decided to defend their Second Amendment rights at the ballot? You know that’s stupid. You know grumpy dispossessed people, marginalised by the US economic consequences of “globalisation” made the difference in Trump’s favour. You don’t have to get grumpy when I say things that are so obviously correct. Just because they were mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging idiots with a death-wish doesn’t mean they didn’t get to vote.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 am

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Why do feel insulted by P4S observations: they weren’t personally directed at you yet your response was personally directed at him.

Trump does appeal to right wing white racists: he enables them. They are deplorable as you would agree. They aren’t the only people who vote for him; The nutter religious right (creationists) love him too.

The sad thing is that I think Stui is an intelligent, thoughtful person who happens to disagree with me on a small number of issues. I don’t really get why it is that when I express strong disagreement with the voting preferences of stupid foreigners in another country that he would take any of it personally. After all, I wasn’t even responding to his post - and it wasn’t him announcing the proposed formation of the New Wokko Minstrels. He’s smart enough not to need to feel solidarity with unemployed white, misogynist, racist males in the US with IQs under 85. Maybe he was scared as a youngster by a lefty on a motorcycle during a night at the drive-in watching Easy Rider? Whatever the cause, his response is a visceral and quite irrational one.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:43 pm

"ladies" please!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:25 pm

^

It's OK Jo, when people are that far removed from reality, best to just let them enjoy it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 50 of 85   

Jump to: