Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies trounce Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 17.8.110
Richmond 10.6.66

Goals: De Goey 5, Cox, Checkers, Stevo 2, Elliott, Pendles, Mayne, Treloar, JT, Cox, Flip 1

Tackles: Maynard, Treloar 6, Levi 5.

D?E: Roughy 95%, Moore 93.3, Grundy 91.3, Mayne 90.9, Howe 84.2, Phillips 84, Pendles 83.9, Treloar 82.1,

Disposals: Treloar 37, Beamer 36, Mayne 33, Crisp 32, Pendles 31, Phillips 25, Grundy, Aish 23, Roughy, Sidey 21, Checkers, Levi 20, Howe, Langdon 19, Moore, Maynard 16, Stevo 17, De Goey 15, JT 12, Cox 11

AF points: Treloar 144, Crisp 142, Mayne 131, Beamer 128, Phillips 116, Checkers 115, Grundy 111, Pendles 108, Roughy 106, Howe 100

Crowd: 70,699

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm

E wrote:

he did have a smile but he also said, "why the f$ck didnt you handball it me. i was open!!!". Cox confirmed this after the game.

By the way, who goes out of this team when Adams and WHE comes back? i dont think we have any passengers in this team.

Yeah, I saw that interview. Very amusing!!!
For sure, no passengers tonight, but things could change by the time Adams and WHE are ready to return. Best not to wander or wonder too far ahead??? Very Happy

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm

That was a solid must win game especially after last week's performance. When we're full of run we're full of confidence and I love it when we take the game on, but I hope this habit of chipping it around and over handballing gets ironed out asap. The turnovers are a worry still but it was a much better all round team performance. Guys that didn't play well last week stood up this week. Mayne, Crisp, Beams, Langdon, Moore, JDG were fantastic. Stepho hadn't touched the ball for the good part of 2 quarters but worked his way into the game and set up a number of goals. JDG took a MOTY contender and Cox's goal must be considered for GOTY just because. He shrugged off 3 paper tigers and still had an hour to kick the goal. We're back in business. Bring on the wee girls.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:39 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
The Prelim final has crushed their souls.

And Rance’s knee has kicked away the remaining pebbles.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:41 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
but I hope this habit of chipping it around and over handballing gets ironed out asap..

Not sure about this. The chipping it around out of the back line served us well I thought and we still took the game on when the opportunity was there or it became essential to do so to evade pressure.
Of course, Richmond at no stage did much to stop the chipping around, but another side might put it to sword by manning up closely. In other words, it may have only worked well for one game!!
E 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:50 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
E wrote:

he did have a smile but he also said, "why the f$ck didnt you handball it me. i was open!!!". Cox confirmed this after the game.

By the way, who goes out of this team when Adams and WHE comes back? i dont think we have any passengers in this team.

Yeah, I saw that interview. Very amusing!!!
For sure, no passengers tonight, but things could change by the time Adams and WHE are ready to return. Best not to wander or wonder too far ahead??? Very Happy

yeah, good observation.

On a different note, I have't heard anyone else talk about Aish's game tonight. What did we think? I know he is going to have a hard time keeping his spot, but i find him so dependable by hand and foot, and he is really really strong overhead for a player of his size. Seems to be the perfect complement for the likes of Howe, Langdon, Moore and Roughhead. Hope he gets a good run at it this year. We must remember that he was an ELITE junior. 20 odd touches tonight and super dependable. His ability to find a target by foot from deep in defence could be an wonderful asset for this team. Especially since Howe and, to a lesser extent, Langdon are awful at it.

On a similar note, how awesome is Maynards left foot. 50 metre darts, everyone of them!!

FootyMonster Aries

FootyMonster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Cop that bitchmond! Simple jack is going to find it very difficult to engage in his standard post match onanism with that wrist

Classic line CHB

And hey to everyone on the board. Best wishes to those who gave me best wishes late last year. You know who you are.

Pies looking good this year.....

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:52 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
but I hope this habit of chipping it around and over handballing gets ironed out asap..

Not sure about this. The chipping it around out of the back line served us well I thought and we still took the game on when the opportunity was there or it became essential to do so to evade pressure.
Of course, Richmond at no stage did much to stop the chipping around, but another side might put it to sword by manning up closely. In other words, it may have only worked well for one game!!

My beef is when we over do it. It's always that one too many kicks or handballs that gets us into trouble. The sense of awareness isn't quite there and that's how we get caught out. Happened a lot last week and again this week. Sideways. Backwards. Maybe it's got a lot to do with how the opposition man up. They were playing very much man on man and not giving us much space, so I guess we were content to just chip it about till something opened up. When it did we looked deadly charging forward.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 am

It's been a long time since we opened the year with such a powerful performance so early in the season.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 am

E wrote:

On a similar note, how awesome is Maynards left foot. 50 metre darts, everyone of them!!

Ever since watching his draft tape when we picked him up, I have been hoping he would start showing some of that hurt factor with his kicking. Been on his bandwagon ever since, even though he got off to a god awful start in the seniors. But "if he keeps his head down and works hard, he could be anything" I kept saying.

Well that pass to Stevo in Q3 tonight was as good as it gets. The rest of his work is easily "above average". Yeah there is the occasional clanger. He's human after all but that left leg is becoming a serious weapon.

He defends alright too.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:20 am

The stats speak for themselves, but that was a very dominant performance. I feel like the final margin flattered the Tigers in the end.

The response by the team was nothing short of magnificent after an ordinary start last week. I'm still adamant that the absence of a third JLT game affected our preparation and made us look underdone and rusty last week. Many sides were off the pace, so to see us resemble what we were producing last year on a regular basis was reassuring and exciting.

Mayne played his best game with us. The inroads he's made since the 2017 season is remarkable. He's re-invented himself and he deserves all the accolades and praise he will receive from this performance. Noticed some were criticising Mihocek last week, but he was brilliant tonight as well.

Never write off Pendles. He's a gun and a proud player. His second half performance was fantastic. It was a great captain's performance. De Goey is a class player and one of the most exciting prospects in the whole league. Couldn't find fault from any player tonight, they were all great.

Lastly, it's great that tonight reaffirmed that we're a better side than Richmond. Any doubts of the prelim result being a fluke have dissipated now. Richmond are in serious trouble with injuries piling up and I think the 6-6-6 rule hurts them more than most other teams.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:31 am

Total domination. Toyed with them all night really, can I ask for 23 more games like that please? Almost a world record number of marks, I have never seen a Collingwood side control the possession game like that in my life. Just unbelievable!

I could throw a blanket over the whole team for BOG, they were all excellent but this DeGoey boy is something special. And how good was Coxy's razzle dazzle snap in the last? That was beautiful......carry on woods!

MONCO: Your life.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:49 am

That was awesome Pies. Loved how we shifted the ball from side to side an were clean with the footy. That's much better. Last week now lookds like it was blowing out the cobwebs.

Most of the team played well. Our forward line looked dangerous, our defence solid, and our mids dominated. Such a beautiful feeling when Beamsy has the ball in his hands...you just know something good will happen.
That low bump on him by Lynch was very very dangerous. The AFL needs to get serious with front on bumps when a player has his head over the ball, before something catastrophic happens.
Elbow to the face by Grimes on Elliott another cheap shot. He has to go for that, but you never know with the AFL.

The good players too many to mention. Stevo looks much better around goals. Pendles was back to his best. We also looked very well coached . How things have turned around from the time we were leaking goals out the back. Well done Bucks and coaches, we finally look like a serious football team.
Go Pies.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:52 am

uWPkQ_IF_400x400.jpg

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:14 am

Bucks' Press Conference:

Impressive performance by De Goey tonight?
Quote:
"He was a solid contributor. He set up a few as well. The forwards were on the end of some pretty good defending and contest when we needed to be. There weren't many of our players who wouldn't have felt like they contributed tonight".

How do you feel the players executed your ideas tonight?
Quote:
"They were the same ideas as last week, but we did it better. That was a good response. We were all challenged last week; players, coaches and alike but all credit has to go to the players. They were all dirty on the way we went about last week, more than the result. The response was really strong from the top down".

Two themes spoken about last week [in the press conference] was the connection coming out of half back and the two-way running from the midfield. Were you pleased with their response tonight?
Quote:
"They put some heat on themselves in the immediate review. Very good performance tonight. Lot closer to what we like the game to look like. The scoreboard looked after itself and last week was something we need to work to remedy because we want to be a more consistent side and we're only in the infancy of the season so we're looking forward to challenging ourselves going forward".

Is taking 170 marks by design or does it pan out that way?
Quote:
"No, it's not by design. Richmond really collapsed to support their defence at periods through the game. We were pretty keen to try and shift it and try and put the ball into our front half in a position where we can defend well. Whilst the numbers are big, the numbers are only a product of the way we want to play the game and the shape we're in and being able to win enough of the ball to control the ball. I think we had it for 50% of the game tonight, which is ball in possession for that period of time is quite exceptional. We were able to win it often enough to be able to control it".

How do you think the boys will react to Lynden Dunn's injury, who is a very important and respected part of the club?
Quote:
"We didn't mention it pre-game, but I believe that it filtered through to the boys at varying stages over the last half hour before they took the field. The prognosis is not good, but we'll obviously wait for scans on that. Dunny is a much loved member of our football club because he's a member of our football club. He gives so much of himself and he has contributed so much since coming across from Melbourne and we really value what he brings to the table on and off the field. His teammates will rally around him regardless of what the final scan shows".

We saw De Goey rotated off after a few goals tonight. Is that an indicator of anything?
Quote:
"It's more of an indicator of the fact that not many players play 100% these days. We believed we shared the load really well. Believe it or not we can rate whether we rotated well. Tonight was a night where the feedback came back that we actually rotated well;efficiently and that some has contribution to your capacity to play your game style across the four quarters, so Jordy would have been simply doing that".

Where can De Goey be a better player this year?
Quote:
"The fact that he's such a young man and he's still got so much experience to gain in the game. We're seeing him in a forward role at the moment, but everyone expects he will become a midfielder at some point. He's just so powerful and very ballistic player. Wins ball on the air and on the ground and knows where the goals are so have him at the pointy end in front of the ball is really suiting us well at the moment. I'll leave it to other people to say how good he can be because he's good already. He'll be as good as he wants to be and it's a matter of how committed he stays to his footy. Sky is the limit. It's the work he does if he continues to tip into his footy the way he has in recent times, he'll get the rewards as he has in recent times".

How much has De Goey matured or grown in the past few years not just as a footballer but as a person because you see him nearly every day?
Quote:
"Yeah, he has and we do on and off the field at the club and away. In his personal life, I can only assume that he's better making better choices or improved an understanding of what makes him tick and what a good balance is for him because it's going to be different for everyone. Some guys are footy heads and other guys aren't; they liked to get away from it. It's important for every individual to work out what the best balance is for them. The longer you're in it and the more you listen and learn and take notice of what works for you and what doesn't then the sooner you'll find your sweet spot and that will go for a period of time and then you will get challenged and tested in other ways and you'll need to leap again. The challenges will keep coming for Jordy and for us. We welcome it because that's what competition is and it's an elite comp and as soon as you rest and you think you've got it sorted then that's when it will bite you on the arse. There's still a long way to go for us".

Do you have any thoughts on McIntosh not kicking for goal at the half time siren?
Quote:
"No".

You're going to be asked a bit about the Grand Final in the lead up to next week. Did you put it to bed with the review two weeks after the season or will it have a role to play next week?
Quote:
"We'll hear about it, no doubt. We heard all about the prelim for the last six days and that was of no significance to us. I don't know what significance Richmond held and probably none either as you can't go back. There's nothing we can do about them. We can't do anything more or better or different about the last four quarters of footy we just played either. We'll review this really strongly and look at West Coast over the weekend and look forward facing one of the better teams of the competition and see how we stack up. That's how I'll be looking at it".

What are your thoughts on the defence and how much its improved?
Quote:
"It's actually our strongest area of depth. I know a lot of people think we're deep through the midfield, but we're actually real deep in our back six or seven. The number of players that were exposed last year and came up and played roles and are not playing at the moment. We're really deep there. That back seven that took the field tonight haven't played a lot of footy together and we believe they'll only get better as we go along. Obviously, Roughy a couple of games in, Darcy didn't play a lot of footy back there but he will, I thought Crispy was huge tonight with his work rate and Aish is back there and fulfilled that role really well as a high back wingman. We think we've got a really good mix and we're looking forward to how stingy we can be because that's ultimately the main role of your back six or seven. We are setting up quite bit of offence and we did tonight from their efforts as well".

Richmond had a very low tackle count tonight. Was that by design through deliberate short kicking?
Quote:
"No, we thought they picked a smaller side. They've been the best pressure in the competition for the last couple of years. You've got to expect that when you're playing Richmond. I thought we did the basics well today. The ground ball was relatively clean; we hit enough targets to make it pretty hard to get that momentum of pressure from them to us. At the same time, we felt like we were able to pressure pretty well so it's that contest balance that you've got to get right and I think for a large part we got that right".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2019-03-28/post-match-nathan-buckley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14   

Jump to: