Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see the media, one admit the error in the goals review but two, admit that Freo deserved to win too. They played better than us.

To be honest, we aren't finishing top...Cats have a super soft draw and are the best team of the year. So we only need to finish second and see what happens.....which will inevitably be another GF loss...because that's what we do.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:27 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Good to see the media, one admit the error in the goals review but two, admit that Freo deserved to win too. They played better than us.

To be honest, we aren't finishing top...Cats have a super soft draw and are the best team of the year. So we only need to finish second and see what happens.....which will inevitably be another GF loss...because that's what we do.

Yeah... maybe we were watching the same channel What'sinaname. The lack of adequate goal review definitely cost us on the scoreboard, but doubt that it cost us the game.

True... doubt that we can finish top, but top four would be the ideal, I reckon. Who knows, it's a long way still to September.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Leaving aside a classic anti-Collingwood biased umpiring display (there's too many examples to mention)...Some home truths..

Crisp was awful. Every time he touched it he either fumbled or turned it over. Worst on ground by a mile.
Aish is a terrible kick with a terrible kicking action. Replace with Qauynor.
Thomas just mistake-riddled...dropping easy markks.
Treloar is another shocking kick. He just has no timing at all.
Phillips doesn't cut it in the contest, and sloppy when he has the ball.
Beams lacks speed and intensity, and no interest in defending.
Varcoe is just so unsure of himself. Why couldn't he go back and take the responsibility of that set shot? It was a crucial stage of the match and he should have known better. To make it worse, he gave it to Crisp. F#ck me.
DeGoey going backwards with 2mins to play. I mean...fine, play safe, but take it forward for chrissakes.
Browny's output not enough for a mid.
Mihocek presents well, but he is so slow to make a decision when he has it. Sh#ts me to tears. Oh, he can't kick either.

Fremantle played daring footy, and exposed our lack of pace on transition. That's exaclty what we don't or can't play. Too many mistakes when we try to lnk through the middle. It's like the Benny Hill show. This is our biggest issue. We need players with sure hands that cacn actually handball and actually catch the ball. We have 2 in Daicos and Sier in the reserves. Bloody bring them in instead of p#ss farting around saying ...ohhh they are putting together a good block of form in the 2nds. F#ck off...it's mid-season already, and we have players playing rubbish against a monumentally sh#t Carlton (which we should have lost to by the way....the Cripps behind missed by an inch).

The good...Pendles, Chris Mayne, Howe, Roughhead, Maynard.

Watching us play in the last few weeks has been like pulling teeth out. Pull your finger out Pies, and I mean players and coaches. We just got done by a soft Fremantle on our home deck, with Ross Lyon pissing himself laughing in the coaches box.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:47 pm
Post subject: free and hoganReply with quote

lihei wrote:
Shades of 2016-17 creeping back in with this team. When Mad Dog Hogan looks good you know you’re going backwards.

What was the plan with More on Hogan at the start. Moore was constantly miles away from Hogan and he couldn't hold a mark all day. Very disappointing by Darcy.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:

i just watched THAT goal on the telly, unfuckingbelievable! but hey, its always us!! one thing i know with certainty, and as i apologized to junior for her being born with black and white blood that ensure a life of suffering at the hands of the maggots and commentators, when we win we know we $�$%^%%$ deserve it! we never ever ever get a freebee, no extra 18 free kicks in a grand final, or a player who is absolute teflon at the tribunal, actually a whole $�$%^%%$ team of em!!

Laughing Laughing Love your indignation TP! Poor junior!!! Wink

Poor junior indeed, I just congratulated her again on her game, said great win, she’s says “we lost”. I’m like the scoreboard said 58 to 30 something, though i thought it was strange as I didn’t think they played that well (you can’t see the board during the game you have to go look, and I assumed the home teams score would be first! To be fair I was also tracking the Coll score on my phone so probably not paying full attention!

So looking at the day it’s amazing I won the raffle! Cheers!

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:11 pm

Like Think I missed the whole game due to footy umpiring (living out in the bush it is always a drive).

Probably not a bad game to have missed. From what I have heard and read the two main points:

1. We didn't deserve to win, and maybe a loss we needed I like many have been disappointed with how we have been playing over the art month (despite the wins) feels as if we have relied on one big quater...or a great effort by one or two players. Let's be honest we were very very lucky to beat Sydney.

2. No injuries....thank geez for that..We just need a couple of weeks of no injuries so we can build up the reserve cattle. It also applies pressure to those in the first's ....nothing better than competition for spots to keep player hunger.

Anyway always next week. Pies have 9 days to stew on it.

Looks like the Dees are up and about in Darwin.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:15 pm

There are a lot “ bemusing “ posts on here about today’s effort.
We can review it and analyse it all we like but the reality is we were outplayed by a side who did more things right, more often. Believe it or not, that can happen.
We are only eight days away from a response from Collingwood and that will give us all a much better idea of where we’re really at.
Considering we’re off seven straight and just lost by a kick, I wouldn’t be reaching for the closest sharp object just yet.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:22 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
There are a lot “ bemusing “ posts on here about today’s effort.
We can review it and analyse it all we like but the reality is we were outplayed by a side who did more things right, more often. Believe it or not, that can happen.
We are only eight days away from a response from Collingwood and that will give us all a much better idea of where we’re really at.
Considering we’re off seven straight and just lost by a kick, I wouldn’t be reaching for the closest sharp object just yet.

"we’re off seven straight and just lost by a kick, I wouldn’t be reaching for the closest sharp object just yet"

I agree very much with this. For those extolling the virtues of how Geelong are going need to remember that everything that goes up has to come down.

It is a long season and history is littered with teams that have won all before them in the regular season only to fall in a heap come finals.....Richmond last year for example.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:24 pm

This was a disappointing performance, and a loss is always hard to bear. But all those declaring that our performance today proves we are not a top 4 team nor a Premiership chance, are being absurdly pessimistic. The competition is extremely even this year, upsets are possible in virtually any game. It has become almost a cliche to say that if a top team is down on form by just 10%, and its far lower ranked opponent is on song, then there will be an upset. This happened today, for sure. This game proves nothing about our chance this year to win a Premiership. We are down on form, but have half a season to get to our peak.
My main concern from this game is how our midfield struggles without Taylor Adams. We were almost beaten by Patrick Cripps two weeks ago, and today Fyffe played a major role in defeating us. We urgently need to get either Sier or Adams back in the team. I don't think we can keep playing a team without an inside mid.
Darcy Moore and Jack Crisp both struggled today. This was a significant reason why our ball movement out from defence seemed so lacklustre and non-threatening. But there were many others who were way down on form as well.
One positive in this game was that our will to win and refusal to give in was there in spades. When Freo got on a roll in the third quarter, I was wondering if we were going to get smashed. The ability to arrest their momentum and get back to even in that last part of the third quarter was very pleasing. But we weren't playing well enough to come up with another blitzkrieg in the final quarter, and Freo were playing too well.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Disapointing and mistake ridden game, Varcoes give off to Crisp was plain dumb. We looked slow and tired . Pendlebury nearly won it for us , but too many passengers today . I hope we can bounce back and smack melbourne.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 pm

I was there today, this is my take on it.

I knew it was gonna be tough, these buggers had beat the eagles by six goals, few weeks back.

we had too many down today, only Pendles, Howe, Grundy, roughie, treloar, crisp, and coupla others earned their pay today

we were due for a loss, we got out of jail v blues and swans, it was a timely wake up call loss, the loss we had to have.

dockers did play very well, but our turnovers killed us. really hurt, we miskicked a lot, we just looked jaded today, tired, this was indeed the loss we had to have.

cant wait for big Cox, jamie, and Langdon to be back. cant wait.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Bucks was spot on in his press conference when he said we didn't deserve the victory. Fremantle worked harder than us around the contest and wanted it more. We just seemed to ebb and flow in and out of the game as we have for a number of weeks.

Leading into today's game, Fremantle had won more quarters than us over the ten rounds and their biggest loss for the season to date is 25 points, so they weren't an opponent to be underestimated.

Pendles was great as usual. Clearly our best midfielder today, and I was impressed with the body of work from Mayne, Maynard and Roughead. De Goey and Hoskin-Elliott were our best forward targets of the day.

Mihocek's set shot kicking has become a source of concern, after it was an asset last year. However, he's doing a lot right in other areas. He's getting to the right spots, he's presenting well to the contest, and winning enough of the ball. I have faith (maybe misguided faith) that he'll find his kicking boots soon enough. I strongly disagree with those calling for him to be dropped.

Think the game was fundamentally lost in the midfield. We didn't get enough out of Treloar, Beams and Sidebottom whereas the Fremantle midfield led by Fyfe ran rings around us.

Beams is becoming a worrying prospect for mine. He hasn't had enhanced or improved our team in any way and there's a sense that we have given away too much in last year's trade period in order to obtain him. The jury is still out on whether it was the worth the investment to bring him back to the club. He'll need to step it up or else supporters will grow more disgruntled about his performances.

I notice the characterisation of this being a "good loss" has been used several times, but I don't believe this to be true. It's true we learn more after a loss and subconsciously it may reinforce to the players that games aren't won with minimal effort and that they need to put in the hard yards in order to win.

Though, I worry it could be the difference between a home final or away final or finishing 5th instead of 4th so this result may come back to haunt us at seasons end.

There's no need to panic this stage (we're 8-3) and we can easily rebound against the Demons. The Demons have started well in the Northern Territory so we can't take for granted the challenge they will pose for us. In the even competition we're in, no game is easy anymore.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:36 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Whoever's in charge of goal review today should get sacked, disgraceful. They didn't even look at the Mayne footage, despite being instructed to.

It's not the reason we lost, but AFL need to look into it. It would be devastating for a finals game to be lost through such a glaring official error.

Agree. It was a terrible call and something the AFL will need to rectify for future reference.

In saying that, we lost the game due to our own self-inflicted wounds.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Jezza wrote:
Bucks was spot on in his press conference when he said we didn't deserve the victory. Fremantle worked harder than us around the contest and wanted it more. We just seemed to ebb and flow in and out of the game as we have for a number of weeks.

Leading into today's game, Fremantle had won more quarters than us over the ten rounds and their biggest loss for the season to date is 25 points, so they weren't an opponent to be underestimated.

Pendles was great as usual. Clearly our best midfielder today, and I was impressed with the body of work from Mayne, Maynard and Roughead. De Goey and Hoskin-Elliott were our best forward targets of the day.

Mihocek's set shot kicking has become a source of concern, after it was an asset last year. However, he's doing a lot right in other areas. He's getting to the right spots, he's presenting well to the contest, and winning enough of the ball. I have faith (maybe misguided faith) that he'll find his kicking boots soon enough. I strongly disagree with those calling for him to be dropped.

Think the game was fundamentally lost in the midfield. We didn't get enough out of Treloar, Beams and Sidebottom whereas the Fremantle midfield led by Fyfe ran rings around us.

Beams is becoming a worrying prospect for mine. He hasn't had enhanced or improved our team in any way and there's a sense that we have given away too much in last year's trade period in order to obtain him. The jury is still out on whether it was the worth the investment to bring him back to the club. He'll need to step it up or else supporters will grow more disgruntled about his performances.

I notice the characterisation of this being a "good loss" has been used several times, but I don't believe this to be true. It's true we learn more after a loss and subconsciously it may reinforce to the players that games aren't won with minimal effort and that they need to put in the hard yards in order to win.

Though, I worry it could be the difference between a home final or away final or finishing 5th instead of 4th so this result may come back to haunt us at seasons end.

There's no need to panic this stage (we're 8-3) and we can easily rebound against the Demons. The Demons have started well in the Northern Territory so we can't take for granted the challenge they will pose for us. In the even competition we're in, no game is easy anymore.

Excellent post Jezza in all respects. The last sentence is especially relevant I believe. It's the reason I'm not panicking as yet, but am also not assuming that just because we're in the four at this stage, we'll be there at the end. Also, I'm not assuming that the top team right now is automatically guaranteed a GF berth, despite what my Cats mates may think!! Wink
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Disappointing comments from some people about Crisp, Mihocek, Treloar, Thomas, Stephenson and Reid. All were ok despite a bit of fumbling and misdirected kicks. Moore, I think played with a back complaint, but he wasn’t to blame either. We had several players down on form and the Freo midfield ran rings around us. I’m sorry we lost for Pendlebury’s sake. He almost carried us over the line. Fyffe and Walters were magnificent today and deserved their win, but if we hadn’t fallen asleep for the first 15 minutes of the third quarter we had this game under control and shouldn’t have lost it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: