Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Dogs . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I can't access Bucks post game presser from the CFC site. Crying or Very sad
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:22 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I think we suffered by having the 3 talls up forward. Sure, Reid played well, but in transition, the Dogs steamrolled us out of defence, from end to end. I thought Pendles got monstered by Bont in the 2nd half.

Still, we were always likely to be a bit off, being our first game back after the bye, so it was a good win nonetheless.

Agreed on the three talls. I don't think Reid and Cox can play together, they're both terrible pressure players. I'd probably pick Cox if I had to choose. He's a worse key forward but a much better ruckman and is less likely to break down mid game.

Agree Pendles lowered his colours significantly. He's clearly past his prime, the consistent every week brilliance from 2010 - 2016 just isn't there anymore.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
For some reason I can't access Bucks post game presser from the CFC site. Crying or Very sad

I can't either. Disappointing. You can see it here:
https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-06-23/full-postmatch-magpies
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:36 pm

Presti35 wrote:
makri wrote:
mudlark wrote:
A win.A puke worthy win at that.They looked like they were trying to lose.Worst game from Varcoe I've ever seen.But we're sitting pretty in 2nd spot,1 game clear and one off the top.I'll take that.

Varcoe's games can not be judged on what you see on TV.

Varcoes game:

16 disposals, 10 contested. 81% efficiency.

5 intercepts. 2 turnovers.

6 score involvements and 1 goal assist.

Wouldnt be in the votes, but far from worst on ground. These numbers are what I think we can expect from a 31 year old. It's clear that he is not the player he was when he was a bit younger, but still a valued part of the team. Will make way when the time is right.

Varcoe was insrumental in "us" winning the game despite his lacklustre first half.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:37 pm

It’s in articles. Bucks unhappy with lacklustre pies

As he said Grundy better in 2nd half but the guy got the Sutton -Rose medal

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:43 pm

Buckley:

'“I used all my harsh words in the coaches’ box and at half-time. ...

“We were off today. It’s as poorly as we’ve played this year, I would suggest.

“It’s the worst we’ve played for a long time. That’s not representative of our year, even though I understand that narrative, I don’t agree with it. We didn’t go anywhere near playing the way we wanted to play.

“This performance was poorer than where we’ve been. I think that we’ve played a lot of pretty good footy. We leaked scores from turnover. We didn’t do the basics well, and we didn’t defend well at all.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/half-time-joke-from-pendlebury-helped-loosen-up-the-pies-20190623-p520ja.html
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:47 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

He was very very unimpressed with how the boys played today.

I get the feeling that he is getting to the end of his tether with some of the sporadic and lacklustre performances from both individuals and the team as a collective.

When asked how he rated Grundy’s game, he was only mildly pleased with his second half and didn’t think he was BOG.

I think it's ROCKET time….will be an interesting review meeting this week. Bring the earmuffs.

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:50 pm

First quarter go 19 points ahead and I mistakenly believe a relaxing day at the footy to follow.

We really need to put sides to the sword, rather than always giving the opposition a look.

Still 10-3 and clear second on the ladder with hopefully plenty of improvement to come.

By the way, sign Grundy now. Way he lifted in the second half was awesome.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:51 pm

^ Bucks seemed a little down about it all I thought. Fair enough. However, I reckon we should all bear in mind that the Cats lost their game in their return from the bye as well.
Can't help but hope that my boy gets a run again in the seniors to show his footy nouse. Wink
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:54 pm

One good thing, accuracy was good today.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:04 pm

slangman wrote:
I think it's ROCKET time….will be an interesting review meeting this week. Bring the earmuffs.

And the tradesman to repaint the walls once he's done. Wink
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:19 pm

One aspect that puzzled me today was this - a series of handballs deep in our forward half, probably about four in total, where not one player had the confidence to go for the big sticks. The play just got wider and wider into the flank. The ball ended up being out of bounds.
Were the forwards fearful of giving the Bulldogs a run out of the their back half by kicking only a point?
Why didn't someone just kick the blasted thing?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:
I thought Thomas was pretty average

I did too TP, much as it pains me to say it, as I greatly admire JT for making it back to AFL footy. Daics in for him next week.

I thought he went ok? 15 disposals and a season high 7 tackles. Does a job. Is down on his goal scoring though. Was averaging 1.5/game last year, has kicked 2 in our last 4 games.

Last edited by Skids on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Good result, which takes us to 2nd on the ladder.

The performance was ordinary, but it's clear Buckley was seething today. I saw him walk down the race at the end of the game and he looked pissed off. He obviously wasn't impressed with the manner and style of the victory.

The Dogs let us off the hook with their inaccuracy, but I thought they played a competent brand of football which troubled us for much of the game. The third quarter was the difference with us kicking 5.2 to the Dogs' 2.4.

I'm not convinced the three talls in the forward line is the way to go long-term. Our forward structure looked out of whack with the absence of Stephenson. The Dogs found it too easy to transition out of defence with ease.

With Howe sustaining an injury, the club may decide to either bring Scharenberg in after an impressive VFL performance or possibly one of Reid or Mihocek may drop back into the defence.

My highlight of the day was seeing Callum Brown take another significant step in his development today. He kicked a beautiful banana in the third and was involved in everything. He's growing into a reliable and safe player that deserves his spot in the team.

Another outstanding performance by Grundy. I'm just in awe of what he's capable of producing.

Good result, but there's plenty to work on for the weeks ahead.

buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:54 pm

think positive wrote:
I thought Thomas was pretty average

I think JT's year has been average coming off an average finals campaign. Not sure if its form or some other injury that is hampering him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: