Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Dogs . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 13.4.82
W. Bulldogs 10.13.73

Goals: Reid 3, Cox, Grundy, De Goey, Flip 2, Brown, Checkers, 1.

Tackles: Treloar 8, JT 7, Aish 6, Mayne, Flip 5.

D/E: Roughy 100%,Moore 93.8, Mayne 93.3, Reid 92.9, Varcs 81.3

Disposals: Treloar 36, Sidey, Crisp 33, Grundy 25, Pendles 20, Aish 18, Flip 22, Sier 20, H-E 19, Maynard 18, JT, Moore 16, Roughy, Varcs 16, Brown, De Goey, Mayne, Reid 14, Checkers 12, Cox 9, Levi 7,

AF points: Grundy 168, Treloar 128, Crisp 122, Sidey 100, Flip 99, H-E 96,

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm

It's interesting reading others' perspective on the match and individual performances. What I found myself thinking was "this is JT's best game a for a while" and "Ben Reid is going really well". I thought that on balance, Ben Reid in with Cox was a success however, I do concede that the Bulldogs scored most predominately from the back half which suggests that our forward pressure was below par. I'm not sure that Stevo out and Reid in was the entire reason for that. What was evident was that the structures were intact but the execution was woeful. I'm attributing that, in part, to coming off the bye but there was a lot that was a result of the Bulldog's pressure.
The pleasing things is that we managed to find a way when we played about as 'dirty' as we ever have. There's clearly plenty of up-side.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:17 pm

DP

Last edited by mudlark on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:17 pm

makri wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
makri wrote:
mudlark wrote:
A win.A puke worthy win at that.They looked like they were trying to lose.Worst game from Varcoe I've ever seen.But we're sitting pretty in 2nd spot,1 game clear and one off the top.I'll take that.

Varcoe's games can not be judged on what you see on TV.

Varcoes game:

16 disposals, 10 contested. 81% efficiency.

5 intercepts. 2 turnovers.

6 score involvements and 1 goal assist.

Wouldnt be in the votes, but far from worst on ground. These numbers are what I think we can expect from a 31 year old. It's clear that he is not the player he was when he was a bit younger, but still a valued part of the team. Will make way when the time is right.

Can't see him going anywhere this year if he keeps going the way he is. The majority of his hard work happens off the ball. He is vitally important to the current set up.

I don't think I said anything other than I thought it was the worst game """I """saw him play but his last qtr was his best.Get off ya farken high horse matey.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:07 pm

Not sure that I had I crack at you, apologies if you took offence something that I wrote. Certainly not on my horse, not yet anyway.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:23 pm

High Horse: https://youtu.be/DZKJHk-vpzY?t=53

(Well donkey....)

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:50 pm

think positive wrote:
lets not forget we lost a GF by 5 points in the last 90 sec of the game, im happy to go through this, it shows balls, even if its not good for the liver!!

it was a shit game, a shit atmosphere, shit ground, after a shit week, we played shit, and still won! ill take it

I thought you were were responsible for putting the heaters & seat warmers on; I was freezing my arse off yesteday. The only sun I got yesterday was the 1 minute walk from the station to the ground where a bit of sun shone through the break between all the buildings that adorn and block out that part of the sky.

Lucky I had a thermos of boiling hot "Golden Oolong Tea", that and the tradional half time latte did the trick for me and fellas I sit with Wink

Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:40 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
One good thing, accuracy was good today.

Apart from JDG. Seems to have the yips bad from set shots.
He never misses from general play so maybe he should just play on and snap for a while.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Skids wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:
I thought Thomas was pretty average

I did too TP, much as it pains me to say it, as I greatly admire JT for making it back to AFL footy. Daics in for him next week.

I thought he went ok? 15 disposals and a season high 7 tackles. Does a job. Is down on his goal scoring though. Was averaging 1.5/game last year, has kicked 2 in our last 4 games.

Let's not sugarcoat things. He is not kicking goals and when he does get the ball, he invariably turns it over. We blasted Blair for exactly the same output.
Time to give Daics a go.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:31 pm

How many goals is Daics averaging in the ressies?
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Not all about goals. He is getting the ball and is a beautiful kick with both feet.
He has been playing well and deserves a chance.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Daics got plenty of the ball and was rested at half time (to be an emergency) yesterday.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:17 pm

jatsad wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Not all about goals. He is getting the ball and is a beautiful kick with both feet.
He has been playing well and deserves a chance.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. JT was being criticised for not kicking enough goals, so I thought i'd ask how many goals Daics had been kicking.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:13 pm

Got the win cos we kicked straight, but looked very stale. (post bye slump maybe).. The dogs played well with their hard running they tried to catch us off guard for most of the game. They also isolated our key defenders well. There were a few highlights but many of our players looked off. It's any wonder Bucks was pissed off after the game. Not convinced about the 3 talls in the forward line. It will only work if they're taking the big contested marks and or locking it in our forward half otherwise it comes back with interest. We also lack a true crumbing forward capable of roving to reid/cox/mihochek. I wonder if Daicos could be that player. I'm not sure what more he needs to do. I reckon 1 or 2 players need a rest. Shaz should return to replace Howe and I think we need to play Daicos soon and give Thomas a rest.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I wonder if Bucks failure to acknowledge Grundy as (even one of) the best on the ground - which clearly he was - has anything to do with his contract negotiations? Bucks might be getting pissed off at BG, if he senses the guy is considering pulling up stumps and returning to Adelaide. I'm probably way off the mark here, but there was certainly something strange about Buck's public criticism of Grundy imo. After all, he could simply have said that Grundy was absolutely brilliant in the 2nd half, and the main reason we won the game, after he had been fairly average in the first half.

I don't think he'd be pissed at Grundy, but maybe there was a hint in there: if you're going to command $1 million plus per season from us then we expect more from you in certain elements of your game...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: