Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Roos . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
lihei wrote:
Seth wrote:
slangman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
This has been coming for a few weeks. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Cox is currently a liability and playing 2 dwarfs in Brown and Daics is suicidal.

Not sure where we go from here, but I fear it could get a lot worse. 😞😥

Cox should be dominating. The fact that he isn’t is one of the main reasons we have been just going this year.

His inability to consistently take marks is a real problem for someone who is the tallest player in the league.

Maybe should start concentrating on this part of his game instead of all the ads and media stuff now. Bit ahead of himself perhaps.

You can add Mr Media Street Adam Treloar to this list.

His performance is falling away badly. Just the 40 disposals last night.

Someone has already mentioned it. That was the worst 40 disposal game you'll see in your life!
Wouldn't be in the best 10 of a very average bunch. Can't believe anyone would give him a single vote... let alone 5 .

You've never seen Tom Mitchell play, have you Skids? Wink
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
lihei wrote:
Seth wrote:
slangman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
This has been coming for a few weeks. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Cox is currently a liability and playing 2 dwarfs in Brown and Daics is suicidal.

Not sure where we go from here, but I fear it could get a lot worse. 😞😥

Cox should be dominating. The fact that he isn’t is one of the main reasons we have been just going this year.

His inability to consistently take marks is a real problem for someone who is the tallest player in the league.

Maybe should start concentrating on this part of his game instead of all the ads and media stuff now. Bit ahead of himself perhaps.

You can add Mr Media Street Adam Treloar to this list.

His performance is falling away badly. Just the 40 disposals last night.

Someone has already mentioned it. That was the worst 40 disposal game you'll see in your life!
Wouldn't be in the best 10 of a very average bunch. Can't believe anyone would give him a single vote... let alone 5 .

You've never seen Tom Mitchell play, have you Skids? Wink

Treloar led us in
Disposals
DE from a midfielder
Most tackles
Equal most inside 50's
Ground ball gets
Pressure acts

Some people are really hard to please
He's now set a record for the most disposals by a Collingwood player at this point of the season eclispising Sidey from 2018
Interesting that at the same point Sidey DE was 69.4% Treloar's is 72.1% over the season and Treloar has 1638 more metered gained with 38 more touches than Sidey at the same time last season
We all raved about Sidey last season but statistically Treloar is having a better 2019 than Sidey had in 2018
Wonder why people don't rate his season ?
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:58 pm

E wrote:
I had been thinking Reid might have played too many games in a row. That old man injury has come back again.... such a shame for him

I know he played 5 in a row before the bye, but he had 3 weeks rest after that and went down in the opening minutes of the game

Would be a real shame if he finishes his career on 149 games

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:15 pm

swooper wrote:
I’m not angry just sad. Sad because we were 5 pts from winning a flag last year. Sad that we most likely won’t get another chance this year.

And as the years go by, people will realise more & more how this was our golden opportunity gone, lost forever...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:34 pm

masoncox wrote:
We need some big strong inside mids who can run and carry the ball with some penetrating kicks.
Throw Maynard, Jdg and Crisp into the midfield.
Put Varcoe to half bank flank for the player who can break the line.
Put thomas to the vfl.
Put Sidey anywhere except the midfield.
Start thinking of putting Pendles forward.
Can't play Daicos and Brown together.
Crocker looked ok in the vfl yesterday.
At least he has some strength.
IQ won't provide any upside this year except we need to
blood him at some time.
The defense has been good all year so aish, goldy can fill that role if maynard and crisp go into the midfield..
We ned some ground ballers in the front half.
Who that will be I don't know.

Yep Mason. MTTM and myself talked last night about Maynard, Crisp and JDG rotating through the mid-field, with Varcoe playing off the back line, so naturally agree with this Very Happy
Agree with all else you suggest as well. Hope that Goldy and Aish are ready to go again this week.
I would expect after Crocker's goals in the VFL yesterday that he would have to replace Thomas.
How about Sidey in the forward line and WHE to the wing? I think Pendles still has to stay in the centre.
As you say, we still need to find another player from the VFL to replace either Browny or Daicos. John Noble?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:36 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Well that didn't go to plan did it

If anyone is wondering why we are looking so off the boil it can be summed up in 2 words NO ADAMS
He may not have the C next to his name but he is the inspirational leader of this team. This isn't a knock on Pendles
Adams leads the physical attack on the ball and demands others follow him
He does all the dirty stuff in the contest letting the outside mid's do there stuff

So true IMHO.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:37 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
swooper wrote:
I’m not angry just sad. Sad because we were 5 pts from winning a flag last year. Sad that we most likely won’t get another chance this year.

And as the years go by, people will realise more & more how this was our golden opportunity gone, lost forever...

Agreed, that was the real painful one, we had everything going for us that day, at the G, booted first 5 goals, yet still found a way to lose the unloseable GF. Had we won last yr, I would not give a damn bout this season, would hve been happy for next 3 yrs, easy, but missing our again, is a very cruel blow, I had hopes for this yr, but after yesterday, I just don't know now. Crying or Very sad Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:42 pm

I feel we are more like a Western Bulldogs than a Hawthorn. We came from a long way back like the Bullies last year and really had a belief and mojo thing happening.
Unfortunately we didn't take our chance and look to have lost our mojo, hopefully the next stage isn't to fade into obscurity.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Agreed, that was the real painful one, we had everything going for us that day, at the G, booted first 5 goals, yet still found a way to lose the unloseable GF. Had we won last yr, I would not give a damn bout this season, would hve been happy for next 3 yrs, easy, but missing our again, is a very cruel blow, I had hopes for this yr, but after yesterday, I just don't know now. Crying or Very sad Surprised

Just wondering also whether the team has yet to mentally recover fully from that very cruel blow??? The players would have to be almost super-human to find the resilience to move on from that.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:30 pm
Post subject: Re: It doesn’t help...Reply with quote

E wrote:
Achilles wrote:
When Howe, Elliot, Adams, Beams, Aish, Wells, and now Reid and Sier are out due to injury and Stephenson suspended. Most of these would be in our best 22. Ive probably missed one or two too the list is that long.

Hopefully tonight’s an aberration.

you might have also missed Langdon. I think we are seeing how much more easily we get opened up down back without our general back there. Such a shame his knee has degenerated. not sure he comes back. big loss.

No. He didn't miss Langdon and most learned fans don't either

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:32 pm
Post subject: Re: It doesn’t help...Reply with quote

E wrote:
Achilles wrote:
When Howe, Elliot, Adams, Beams, Aish, Wells, and now Reid and Sier are out due to injury and Stephenson suspended. Most of these would be in our best 22. Ive probably missed one or two too the list is that long.

Hopefully tonight’s an aberration.

you might have also missed Langdon. I think we are seeing how much more easily we get opened up down back without our general back there. Such a shame his knee has degenerated. not sure he comes back. big loss.

No. He didn't miss Langdon and most learned fans don't either

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:43 pm

BazBoy wrote:
We ain’t got to comment on Hawks game but Clarko you can bet will tell his players,as he has done for years of any opposition these Collingwood players pulled out last week so hard physical pressure will be a weapon

Remind these leafblowers that they have lost their last 4! Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:48 pm
Post subject: Gamus horribilus: Response required.Reply with quote

Hard to put into words the woefulness of last night. Remember a bashing from St Kilda in 2009 on a Monday night that was the dogs breakfast, but the obvious ineptitude last night was palpable. It's left our season at a cross intersection:

1. We lose the next 4 in a row to the Hawks, GWS, West Coast and Tigers and only limp into September (literally)

2. Respond with brave selection integrity decisions, player driven ownership and a coaching game plan that shifts from conservative ball movement to some modicum of dare and flair.

Interesting times ahead. With injuries slowly and surely eroding our depth like very season since 2014, it may be time to add in:

* I Quaynor
* T Broomhead
* T Brown
* T Goldsack

over the next few weeks and put the heat on messrs:

* Thomas
* Varcoe
* Cox

Amidst the hopeful and eventual returns of:

* Adams
* Elliott
* Howe

The grind and graft begins today!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:54 pm

Goldsack should only play if he's the last available senior player. Why pump games into the past?

Elliot is cooked....we need to make a hard decision on whether we can carry players who are physically fragile. He and Reid are at the tipping point.

Adams and Howe are welcome returns...when they return in about 6 weeks.

Cox has been disappointing..he's regressed in 2019.

Age has caught up with Varcs, and like Goldsack, perhaps we should consider whether we put games into him or someone younger.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:57 pm

No one likes losing but losing like we did last night was unacceptable, and I don't care who's out injured. There's no excuses for playing that badly. You have to fight and show something. We showed nothing apart from how pissweak we are. The effort (or lack thereof) was unforgivable. We were comprehensively outmuscled, outplayed, outpressured, outmarked, outwitted - you name it. It was a weak insipid performance. They effectively bullied us for four quarters and allowed it to happen - offering no response. Anyone looking for the blueprint to beat us need only to watch last night's game. We really hope this team grows a pair and HTFU. I'm glad I wasn't there to watch that shit and don't get me started on that wankstain russell and his blatant barracking for the opposition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: