Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped by Hawks. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Medieval wrote:
I don’t really have the energy any more to care about players who don’t care about the club as much as I do. So here’s what’s going to happen. ....... Taylor Adams will still be two weeks away.

Some of them do seem to not care as much as us supporters. What a sh*tful position we're in. All care, but no control whatsoever!!

Tay is one who really does care, with everything he has. He'll need a match or two to get back into the swing of things, but his G and D will always be present. I hope he'll be rewarded with the captaincy eventually, when we need Pendles to concentrate solely on his game for one final glorious year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:15 am

We are back where we where at the end of the 2017 Season
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:25 am

^ Except that we have no draft picks, and all our players and coaches have signed long-term contracts, so we can't get rid of any of them. Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:52 am

Inside 50's.
Collingwood vs opponent.

Rd1. 48 vs 57 (L-9)
Rd2. 63 vs 45 (W+18 )
Rd3. 42 vs 50 (L-8 )
Rd4. 52 vs 52 (W0)
Rd5. 62 vs 42 (W+20)
Average for: 53.4
Average against:49.2

Rd6. 55 vs 47 (W+8 )
Rd7. 58 vs 45 (W+13)
Rd8. 69 vs 43 (W+26)
Rd9. 47 vs 52 (W-5)
R10. 63 vs 47 (W+16)
Average for: 58.4
Average against: 46.8

R11. 45 vs 56 (L-11)
R12. 56 vs 58 (W-2)
R14. 44 vs 59 (W-15)
R15. 36 vs 64 (L-28 )
R16. 35 vs 57 (L-22)
Average for: 43.2
Average against: 58.8

There's your problem!

K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 am

Jezza wrote:
I'm completely lost for words as to what has happened to us since the bye. Contrary to what some have said, I don't think our performances were that bad before the bye. Sure we weren't playing brilliantly, but our best was still being demonstrated when it mattered.

Well, week after week, we'd struggle to win games. And every time, Nicksters would claim that teams like Essendon or Carlton or Sydney or St Kilda were "playing their Grand Final", etc. Nicksters even claimed that Essendon would have beaen any other team but ours on Anzac Day. Look at Essendon's record to see how realistic that claim is. It sounded like Nicksters just refused to accept the team was playing badly, even when players were admitting it in interviews.

Last edited by K on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:49 am

princem007 wrote:
Why all the negative nellies ?

New here? Very Happy

Life in black and white: we're either the greatest team the game has ever seen, knocking on the door of a 20-year streak of premierships, or we're rock bottom, sack the coach, sack the president, we're staring down the barrel of a nine-hundred year rebuild.

Etc. etc.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:42 am

I guess I'm a week late, but rumour says the Pies midfield is being coached by the cheersquad.

CootaPie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:43 am

Wonder if Buckley still subscribes to the "It's not my job to motivate them" mantra he has espoused in the past?

Last night demanded a physical and emotional response after the pathetic loss to North Melbourne and the public questioning of the hardness of the group. Emotionally, there was nothing to see, flat from the word go, and it seems that physically we don't have the players to make a statement, aside from Adams and Greenwood (both out) and possibly Maynard.

Aside from a clear lack of intent, hunger and killer instinct that all premiership sides possess, the centre square clearances have been an absolutely disaster since the round one loss to Geelong and nothing seems to have been done to address this, which is critical in the 6,6,6 era. For mine, putting Brown and Thomas in there is clearly not the answer.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:51 am

When you look at quarters won, we are sixth with 29 quarters won. After the round we'll be 8th which is a more accurate reflection of our ability that the curent ladder position.

Last year we made top 4 only because of our buttery soft draw.

This year, we're a middle of the table team.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:11 am

Jpies wrote:
mudlark wrote:
masoncox wrote:
For those people calling for cox and checkers to go.
Who the hell in the vfl do we have.
The answer ...No one !!!!!!!

Checkers is a spud matey.His kicking is as bad as you will EVER see.Falls over ALL the time.Looks like a rabbit in the spotlight when he drops yet another mark and holds the play up.Time to try out young Lynch,who, unlike Cox,knows how to play footy and position himself.I still cannot believe ,or give any credit to the fact that Sicily outmarked Cox at least 5 times.Sicily is a head shorter than Richo!!!FFS!!

Nope. Checkers 83% D/E tonight. Second highest for the Pies, fifth highest on the ground. Used the ball well, except for a set shot he probably should have got.

Serious??/ He kicked the first goal then missed!How many?? When we need them.That shot he had in the last qtr from about 40 metres out, not only didn't make the journey, he sprayed it so far to the right, the only player there ws a Hawk who was having a rest.He doesn't know how to play on quickly and when he is having a shot for goal, he continually spins the ball!!HTF is he supposed to kick straight.He's cost us more than a few games with his disgraceful kicking.You can look at stats all you want ,it's what is produced that gets the team over the line. I'd have Reis over him 100%.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:15 am

CootaPie wrote:
Wonder if Buckley still subscribes to the "It's not my job to motivate them" mantra he has espoused in the past?

Last night demanded a physical and emotional response after the pathetic loss to North Melbourne and the public questioning of the hardness of the group. Emotionally, there was nothing to see, flat from the word go, and it seems that physically we don't have the players to make a statement, aside from Adams and Greenwood (both out) and possibly Maynard.

Aside from a clear lack of intent, hunger and killer instinct that all premiership sides possess, the centre square clearances have been an absolutely disaster since the round one loss to Geelong and nothing seems to have been done to address this, which is critical in the 6,6,6 era. For mine, putting Brown and Thomas in there is clearly not the answer.

100% right Coota.From the very first bounce it was a continuation of last weeks game and I said,"Here we go again' and I was right. It's the day after and I still cannot believe we had a 3 goal lead half way into the last term and then barely touched the ball after.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:16 am

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
For all of you who want Clarkson - FWIW IMO, no bloody way.

He got lucky in 3 prelims which they went onto win flags.

He assaults opposition supporters.

He turns up to under 9s games and tell kids to get *&^ked

He verbally abuses journaists

He instructs his players to play physically well outside the rules

He has ethical malnutrition issues.

He has lost his last 4 finals.

No, no, no no and No.

yeah....these are the stats every Hawk supporter tells me when we talk about coaching.

They've wanted Clarko gone since 2007.....poor buggers had to ensure 4 flags and 6 GFs during this horrible era..

Last edited by What'sinaname on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:27 am

Achilles wrote:
Quaynor ++++

Quaynor was great.I need to ask WHY ,when the forward line was so inept and pathetic, would you play this young man in the backline, when his explosive pace and toughness would have given us something in the forward line?? It seems the "Culture" at Collingwood is to start your career in the backline.I believe it's to build self belief or something.!!! Rolling Eyes I look at Richmond with Stack and Geelong with Clarke and Sydney with Blakey, they play these kids on half forward and they ALL shine.They ALL kick goals.They ALL take big marks and delight their supporters.WE on the other hand debut them on the half back flank and put them under so much pressure, we generally break them.If I had have picked that team,IQ would have take Thomas' place forward and been dropped and Varcoe would have played where IQ played.Can anyone explain to me why Thomas is still getting a game??/He's playing a role,Buckley keeps telling us, but what role is that??
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:42 am

mudlark wrote:
Achilles wrote:
Quaynor ++++

Quaynor was great.I need to ask WHY ,when the forward line was so inept and pathetic, would you play this young man in the backline, when his explosive pace and toughness would have given us something in the forward line?? It seems the "Culture" at Collingwood is to start your career in the backline.I believe it's to build self belief or something.!!! Rolling Eyes I look at Richmond with Stack and Geelong with Clarke and Sydney with Blakey, they play these kids on half forward and they ALL shine.They ALL kick goals.They ALL take big marks and delight their supporters.WE on the other hand debut them on the half back flank and put them under so much pressure, we generally break them.If I had have picked that team,IQ would have take Thomas' place forward and been dropped and Varcoe would have played where IQ played.Can anyone explain to me why Thomas is still getting a game??/He's playing a role,Buckley keeps telling us, but what role is that??

Stack has played defence every game until last week.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:44 am

The run home:

@ WCE (L)
@ GWS (L)
vs Rich (L)
vs GCS (W)
@ Melb (W) 50:50
@ Adel (L)
vs Ess (L)

We don’t even have a first rounder to show for it (gave that up for Beams).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: