Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped by Hawks. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The disappointment of realisation that a few rounds back a win could have solidified us is top four then two losses against lower ladder sides

Eagles are now soaring and Tigers roaring whilst we are what ? wallowing

They the coaching panel spell out the problems so go rectify

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:12 am

I get your sentiment BazBoy.

There is still some time go before the end of the roster season, let alone the finals. A lot can happen to teams in this period (injury, suspension, controversy, form). Peaking now, might not be the best thing.

Apart from one quarter against Port Adelaide I dont think we have hit a peak yet here were are, sitting in 3rd, probably 4th by the end of today. 14 other teams wishing they were in our spot.

Things arent as dire as they seem. There is still significant upside in my view.

Near worst case scenerio, we win another 2 games and scrape into the 8. New season starts then. I'll re-assess our chances for a flag then, not now.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:21 am

think positive wrote:
also, the week off, how come Gooey took a week in Bali? is this putting them in the wrong frame of mind? ...

JdG went to Bali? Shocked
K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:24 am

Presti35 wrote:
Was my mrs' birthday last night. Took her to see the Harry Potter stage show. It finished in time that I could hear the final 3 minutes. So I still couldn't avoid the weekly heart failure we all suffer.

You were lucky it didn't finish 7 minutes earlier, when you would have started when our boys were 17 points up.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:40 am

Oh I agree there is time to regroup and get some of the basic,s back

Basics of ball use and resume the confidence players had in each other

We had a batch of highly unusual injuries like double hammies and extreme cork but the moral / mental strength over came that last year

How many times does a side be brutally honest and improve their effort

We ain’t finished just yet

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:48 pm

^ seconded - Hawks were a top 4 side at the end of last year and we have a horrendous injury list. All that matter is we put in a contest. Yes we needed the win but it will take some time to turn it around and that was a good competitive start.
We had some good players on the day. It wasn't an embarrassing performance.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:57 pm

If Bucks stats were right our contested ball ,clearances and takles were way up from the North game and sure he said better than Dorks

We let ourselves down for poor disposal choices and some less than good marking from forward talls

And we only went down by less than a goal—-the above stats stack up but a point or 20 we still lost

Turn the corner next week with a win by any amount can be the spark we need to believe

swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Medieval wrote:
I honestly don’t even care anymore. I’ve had enough of the acceptance of mediocrity that comes with being a Collingwood supporter. We’re never genuinely good. 2011 you say? The year we were beaten by one other team three times? Another premiership gone begging. Even in 2010 when we did win, we drew first. We only won that flag because our list was younger and recovered faster and we ran all over them in the replay. 1990 we drew with WCE and then had to go on and beat them again the next week. There’s always been drama around Collingwood and there always will be. The tainted steaks, the unnamed self-reporting drug takers, the gambling. I don’t really have the energy any more to care about players who don’t care about the club as much as I do. So here’s what’s going to happen. We’ll get smashed against WCE in Perth and I’ll laugh about how bad we are. We’ll get smashed against GWS and I’ll again laugh at how bad we are. Taylor Adams will still be two weeks away. We’ll beat Richmond and everyone will think our season is back on track, until we lose to Adelaide. We’ll finish 5/6 and maybe win one final then watch on as someone else, someone who we could demolish if we ever decide to play as well as we can on any given day, wins the flag. Then we’ll do it all again in 2020, minus a first round draft pick because we gave it away to get Beams back. And Taylor Adams is still two weeks away.

As depressing as this post is, it also made me laugh out loud 😄.

This is true, it is the destiny of being a Collingwood supporter. But as heartbreaking as it is, it’s never boring, or predictable. But what would you rather? Being a Saints supporter, or even a Doggies?

Whilst I don’t think we will finish Top 4, I love it when we travel interstate as under dogs. We travel well and maybe getting out of Melbourne, and mixing up the routine.... well anything can happen?

At the very least, they need to respond and in a big way. Its easy to lose confidence, but it can return quickly too.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:29 pm

I had a feeling after watching the game that the Hawls got some lucky goals that the umpires gifted them. So I thought I'd check out all their goals on the replay and see how they eventuated.
It turns out they got 4 of their 9 goals from free kicks, 3 of which were very very dodgy calls.
Here's what I saw...

HAWKS FREE KICKS GOALS:
Hawks 1st goal holding the ball call on WHE...WHE had no prior whatsoever.
Hawks 3rd goal after Mayne 14m kick was called "not 15m" by the umpire, and Hawks swooped for easy goal. BT called it a "good brave call". The issue is this length of kick is hardly EVER called. Just in Collingwood matches it seems.
Hawks 4th goal Maynard interlocks Obrien's arm in a marking contest. A lot of these are let go, but fair enough I'll give this one to them.
Hawks 7th goal after Shaz spoils and his arm comes down on Lewis shoulder for a moment after a legitimate spoil is made. It's more of a follow-through acdtion. Pretty dodgy call. Technical to say the least.

HAWKS OPEN PLAY GOALS:
I hate to say it but 3 of these can be directly attributed to Grundy.

Hawks 2nd goal to Lewis mark after kick to top of the goal square by Breust.
Hawks 5th goal..Grundy drops a sitter then lazily watches while laying on the ground instead of getting back on his feet to see Hawks snap a goal from a soot 2m from where he fell.
Hawks 6th goal ..McEvoy outworks Grundy to take a mark in front.
Hawks 8th goal..Grundy handball intercepted by Burgoyne..pass to Obrien who passes to small Hawk for a goal.
Hawks 9th goal..Grundy loses the tap out of the centre, Hawks clear, Bruest open goal.

All lour goals came from general play, except for our first which was a free kick to Mihocek after the Hawks player took our tacklers on...fair free kick.
So all up, between the cheating umpires and bad play by Grundy, that's 6 out of 9 of their goals should have never eventuated. Add the dumb free from Maynard, and that leaves only 2 of their goals that came from their good play. Of course, there's other missed chances they had from bad kicking, that on another day could have been goals.
Puts a different perspective on it doesn't it? I'm not denying we are in a form slump but cheating umpires against Collingwood is in the AFL constitution.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:10 pm

What about the multitude of Hawks misses or stuff ups in front of goal?

We were putrid and only scored goals due to Hawk errors inside their D50. We couldn’t manufacture a goal to save ourselves.

Our odd-man rush fast breaks still somehow end up in a 50:50 or the opponent’s hands.

Diabolical.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: