Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies whack West Coast. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winterstick 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sit back and watch footy for the weekend, oh, with a grin
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:34 am

I was wrong. I tipped us to win by 8 points. Cool

The best win for several years I reckon. De Goey was amazing, winning it out of the centre. Cox had a very good game. Checkers was checkers. Pendles played a captains game. Maynard was fantastic in defence. Congrats to Noble for closing down Cameron in the 2nd half and getting 18 disposals in his forst game. Grundy was fierce all night and his continuous efforts helped win the game.

To win this game after losing Moore in the 1st quarter, leaving us with just the one tall defender in Roughead, was an absolutely heroic performance. Aish was terrific. Let's hope his shoulder is OK.

The only negatives were:

Crocker was a liability unfortunately. The kid tries, but is obviously just a VFL player.
Sier needs to do more.
Brown lacks polish.

But let's not dwell on the negatives. Let's celebrate a great victory. Reckon we might meet the Eagles again in September. Let's hope we have Adams, Howe and Moore in the side by then.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:38 am

Pies2016 wrote:
There is some love for a few individuals but I thought Maynard was massive when he had to play tall after Moore went off.
Once again Mayne sacrifices his game and keeps Hurn relatively quiet with smarts, not pace.
A win for the ages against a very good team.

Yep, so many players dug in when it counted, but I have always loved the pure G and D of Maynard. I also greatly admire the "quiet achievers" like Mayne and even WHE sacrificed his usual game tonight for the benefit of the team. Aish was so very brave.
I still can't get over what a special win that was, simply because the Collingwood spirit of never ever giving up was back! They spurred each other on and played like there was no tomorrow in the final quarter. What an effort.
JDG - not a quiet achiever at all, but my goodness he is a magical player.

Did anyone else notice that Crisp was in the middle at some centre bounces???
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:38 am

Hit the post 4 times?
Fino 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 am

Best win for months, maybe even since the PF.

Tough and hard at the contest, especially in the second half.

Tackling improved immensely as the game went on.

This group of players CAN do the work at the coalface (w/o Adams) and tonight proved it. It’s just desire.

Floreat pica.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:42 am

Tonight when it had to be won with putting your body on the line and accept pain for gain I felt two I’d like to mention

Know whole team worked had but Greenwood and Aish were rocks —oh and Roughead shut Kennedy out of game

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:45 am

One word describes this victory. Glorious.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:45 am

I was wrong.

It was a gutsy win. Makes up for the rubbish over the past few weeks.

But we still have plenty of issues.

Beat the Giants next week and I may start to believe

Pipes1970 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:46 am

The heart showed by this team in the last qtr and a half was awe inspiring

This kind of win is something we can look back on later in the year and say....

"This is where the run started"

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:47 am

That was a victory we will remember for a long time.With so many of our best players missing, in a form slump, and at half time looking like WC were about to smash us with their ball movement.But in those last 5 min of the 2nd quarter, some switch was flicked. A switch which somehow reimprinted into our DNA the diabolical pressure and will to win that we saw last year. It was those 5 minutes that turned the game around. We came out in the second half and maintained that intensity level. We applied the aggressive pressure that has been missing for a while.We hunted them down, and the will to win seized our entire team. Crisp, Greenwood and Maynard were titans in that last quarter. Sidey was there at crucial times to ensure we maintained possession. Cox was huge.JDG on the ball..what a star.The mental toughness that was required to win this game was monumental. I salute the Pies. A truly awe inspiring win.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:47 am

BazBoy wrote:
Tonight when it had to be won with putting your body on the line and accept pain for gain I felt two I’d like to mention

Know whole team worked had but Greenwood and Aish were rocks —oh and Roughead shut Kennedy out of game

When the Eagles had momentum, I reckon Levi's toughness and determination tipped the game back our way and then he kept those supreme efforts up right to the end.

Just want to mention the fantastic game from Brody Mihocek. He's been beaten by McGovern in previous games, but he won the points tonight and to turn that around is just a superb effort from a former VFL defending player. What a story he is!!
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:48 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Opposite of the Grand Final, West Coast tried to hold onto a lead, no goal for over 50 minutes?

Good to steal that, probably should have won by a lot more given the extra scoring shots, but 4 very unexpected points in the bank and Cox and Mihocek back in form!

Grundy got smashed and we win, maybe dominant ruckman are overrated?

I would hardly think he was smashed. Natanui got a few early tap outs but Grundy got more of the ball and played longer minutes. He was a big reason we won in the end.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:53 am

Just wish the GF ended like that
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:53 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
That was a victory we will remember for a long time.With so many of our best players missing, in a form slump, and at half time looking like WC were about to smash us with their ball movement.But in those last 5 min of the 2nd quarter, some switch was flicked. A switch which somehow reimprinted into our DNA the diabolical pressure and will to win that we saw last year. It was those 5 minutes that turned the game around. We came out in the second half and maintained that intensity level. We applied the aggressive pressure that has been missing for a while.We hunted them down, and the will to win seized our entire team. Crisp, Greenwood and Maynard were titans in that last quarter. Sidey was there at crucial times to ensure we maintained possession. Cox was huge.JDG on the ball..what a star.The mental toughness that was required to win this game was monumental. I salute the Pies. A truly awe inspiring win.

You've encapsulated my thoughts exactly MTTM. Except, I think it was the last 5 mins of the third quarter where the win at all costs attitude was suddenly sparked.
Who cares though - we won against all the odds and geez, that's a great feeling!!!!!! Very Happy
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:54 am

Fantastic fantastic win and the players deserve to enjoy themselves this weekend (not so much we read about it Monday morning) but we must harness this now and make it the baseline of performance we judge ourselves on and look to build upon for the remainder of the season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14   

Jump to: