Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies whack West Coast. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Just wish the GF ended like that

Dear Dave, fill your glass to at least half full. Wink Laughing
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 am

jatsad wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Opposite of the Grand Final, West Coast tried to hold onto a lead, no goal for over 50 minutes?

Good to steal that, probably should have won by a lot more given the extra scoring shots, but 4 very unexpected points in the bank and Cox and Mihocek back in form!

Grundy got smashed and we win, maybe dominant ruckman are overrated?

I would hardly think he was smashed. Natanui got a few early tap outs but Grundy got more of the ball and played longer minutes. He was a big reason we won in the end.

Grundy was one of the best on the ground - 31 hitouts, 22 disposals and 8 tackles. They are elite stats for a ruckman.

Nic Nat had 28 hitouts, 14 disposals and 4 tackles. They are good stats but nowhere near as good as Brodie's.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:56 am

A win for the ages.

The first time we've beaten West Coast in Perth since 2009, and the second time we've beaten them by a point over there (did it in 1992 as well).

Felt very underwhelmed by our prospects all week, as last week was a massive let down but I always lived in hope we could cause an upset as the match was closely approaching.

I never really contemplated us pulling off a miracle win so I'm in shock by how we did it despite losing Moore and having wounded players in Aish and Pendlebury play through the last quarter.

Even if we had fallen short, I would have been happy with the effort as it was a step up from previous weeks. The most satisfying part of the win was the way we dominated them in the final quarter.

In the end, we deserved to beat them by more. Reducing the Eagles to only 2.1.13 in the second half was a great achievement by the defenders. On the other hand, we scored 3.9.27 so the dominance was evident but not translated on the scoreboard.

I was fearful we were going to lose at the end after dominating forward 50 entries in the final quarter but we couldn't convert it on the scoreboard. I don't know the precise tackle numbers in the final quarter, but our pressure was ferocious and relentless.

Great performance by Mihocek. His set shot kicking was reminiscent of last year. De Goey looked comfortable through the middle, and Sidebottom played his best game in a long time. Most of the boys improved tonight. I don't think Crocker's going to make it though.

Fair to say this is our best win of the year, and the best since the Prelim. I hope it can be a launching pad for the way we approach the final third of the home and away season.

To show heart tonight was comforting for most supporters. Going to enjoy the weekend now.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:02 am

RudeBoy wrote:
jatsad wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Opposite of the Grand Final, West Coast tried to hold onto a lead, no goal for over 50 minutes?

Good to steal that, probably should have won by a lot more given the extra scoring shots, but 4 very unexpected points in the bank and Cox and Mihocek back in form!

Grundy got smashed and we win, maybe dominant ruckman are overrated?

I would hardly think he was smashed. Natanui got a few early tap outs but Grundy got more of the ball and played longer minutes. He was a big reason we won in the end.

Grundy was one of the best on the ground - 31 hitouts, 22 disposals and 8 tackles. They are elite stats for a ruckman.

Nic Nat had 28 hitouts, 14 disposals and 4 tackles. They are good stats but nowhere near as good as Brodie's.

I agree with that. Fatanui will lose that spare tyre by their next matchup though.

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:03 am

That was freaking awesome, Mihocek brilliant, JDG the spark that got us going and Pendles, Sidebum and Treloar all played well and we beat those boutso clefties by 1 point on their home turf! Going to be a good weekend! Floreat Pics and goodnight.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:08 am

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
And what a $�$%^%%$ beeeeaaaauuuuuttttiiiiffffuuuulllll margin.
Beats 10 goals every time 😄😄😄😄

For the sake of my blood pressure, NO its not !!!!!! Shocked Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:11 am

Wow. So incredibly happy, yet so emotionally drained by that match.

That was our greatest win for 2019. They're all worth 4 points. But the grit and determination required made that one really special.

I can't sleep... I'm still so on edge. I haven't been so on edge for a very long time it seems. I was even at the G last week for the Hawthorn match and I didn't get that into that match.

This one felt really different. This felt like all or nothing.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:15 am

Blokes like Miocheck, Mayne and Greenwod have less natural talent than most but their honesty, 100% GND and will to win is priceless. That's what wins GFs more than talent. Stop $£$%^%%$ knocking them!!!!
PS. Pendlebury has both. $£$%^%%$ champion.
Stop knocking him!!!!!!!!!!!

DT 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:21 am

And credit to the coaches for changing up the midfield and half back mix. A superb win!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:22 am

^ I like your sentiments Killer!!

Talent is certainly necessary to any team - JDG step on down - but can't help but respect and admire those who do it with their pure guts and determination.

Agree with your assessment of Pendles - it's just amazing how he keeps his high level of consistency despite injuries and the huge responsibility of captaincy. He's a champion in the truest sense.
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:25 am

Let this win teach our supporters the value of moderation.

It got me down last week and the week before - all this "sack the coach" "season over" "rebuild" "delist Cox" "delist Checkers", all this inky negativity that arises from the Collingwood-hearted after a week (or a month, or a couple of months) of indifferent footy.

If we lose next week - and well we may - resolve now to not let it plunge you back to the depths of despair, because we are capable of turning it around just as quick.

It was a gutsy win, and it showed real heart. But let's also not let it push us to the other end of the spectrum. We still need to string together a few more wins, and hopefully show that kind of heart for the rest of the year.

I still saw a bit of one-handed tackling, some blind kicking, and there were more than a few times we would have benefitted from a little more desperation at the loose ball. But the improvement from last week to this is outstanding.

And to deny the Premiers a goal for almost the entire second half - at home! - was outstanding. Kudos to the players, and kudos to the coach.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:38 am

Jezza wrote:
In the end, we deserved to beat them by more. Reducing the Eagles to only 2.1.13 in the second half was a great achievement by the defenders. On the other hand, we scored 3.9.27 so the dominance was evident but not translated on the scoreboard.

So true. And their last goal (in the 3rd) came after a clear push in the back on Roughead on the goal-line. Incredible that it was not paid - was livid over that one, but the end result has tempered my anger somewhat...

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:41 am

In the last quarter as we pushed and pushed and pushed to put a major on the scoreboard, I said to my 21 yr old son, "It's like a dam wall, we're gonna burst it!" Our constant pressure against that dam wall was so unanimous amongst our whole side, it became more brittle as the final quarter wore on.
Sensational whole team effort. No one deserves to be dropped from that team next week. Even Crocker. He deserves another go. He acknowledged the amp up of tempo in AFL from VFL which is a no brainer, but you could hear him screaming for another chance next week. It was like...."I'll be ready to rock next week. Gimme another crack". And I would. Great debut from Noble and Quaynor is showing plenty each week. No change from that unit tonight....other than essential changes due to injury. If Reid is fit, I'd swing him back to cover Moore.

That was a calculatingly cold hard brave win executed with controlled anger and courageous risk taking. Mostly of a physical nature.

In awe of what our whole squad is capable of.

Now. We. Build. Momentum.

Big love for THE PIG. You make everyone in black & white walk taller Levi!!!

GO PIES!!!!

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:42 am

^ I understand your wise call for moderation Streak... I expect Bucks is saying the same thing!!

However, I'm just living in the moment right now and rejoicing in one of the most exceptional wins of recent times!! Smile By next Friday, I'll be back to worrying again!
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:49 am

Fatui Attata wrote:
Sensational whole team effort. No one deserves to be dropped from that team next week. Even Crocker. He deserves another go.

I tend to agree with you - he was on the end of a couple of really hot holding the ball calls which he could consider himself extremely unlucky especially considering the ones not paid the other way. I thought he had a crack, and sure it looked like he was beaten at times, but the effort was there, particularly in the last.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14   

Jump to: