Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Tigers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:16 am
Post subject: Re: Ben Crocker for Taylor Adams?Reply with quote

masoncox wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
This might have to be the worst substitute since Clooney came in for Kilmer in Batman & Robin!

You'll have to live with this selection Nathan!

Wills smashed it last week in the VFL.
But lets bring in Crocker.
Seriously a bad decision.
But hey it was obvious that the midfield sucked.
But lets replace a midfielder with an ordinary forward.
My dog could have chosen better.

Agree. A wet night, no Sier and have Rupert in good form. No, lets pick Crocker!

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
It's not Buck's fault that he continually has to find ways to cover the loss of pivotal players.
I'm amazed that so many here don't seem to understand the mechanics of the devastating effects of injuries. The spotlight, if any, should go on the conditioning staff and recruiting people.

I agree mate. But either Bucks is the unluckiest man ever to play or coach in the AFL, or the club is cursed, or we recruit physically weak players, or our training ground is too hard causing a lot of the injuries, or...or...or perhaps all of the above.

Like you I'm totally at a loss as to why this happens year after year after year. It's not normal. Perhaps (for those who know their Bible) Bucks = Jonah.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:20 am

Buckley panicking right now.

Drop Varcoe, recall Varcoe
Bring in new players hoping for some sort of magic to happen
Play midgets against GWS tall forwards
And now this

Buckley reverting to form

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:21 am

[quote="shawthing"]
Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Quote:
32 in the end FMD!

Don't be fooled. Richmond were toying with us. Taking it easy on a wet night slog. We didn't play any better in the second half really.

Treloar 39 disposals. Says it all really. He had more than Dustin Martin, but who would you rather have playing for you? Dylan Grimes showed us what a true defender can do. Murdered us.

On form more than half the side tonight should be omitted. BTW the Tigers VFL team is on top of the ladder as well. That's what real depth at a club looks like. We haven't had it in God knows how many years. I give up.[/q

Disagree the tigers had the chance to smash us by 80+ points, and failed take away 2 umpiring shit goals to them and it aint so great at all, they failed to smash us, despite having a fully fit team, aside from rance, and blew it, If I was a tiger fan, id be a bit miffed the did not destroy us, giving the face we had 11 senior players out. We lost by exactly the margin I thougt we would, given our outs. Im not happy by any means, but we did not get flogged and should have. Its exactly the scoreline I envisaged all along. Surprised

No they so disrespected us they pulled Cochin from the game after 20 minutes as a precaution for a hamstring strain. Knew they could get though one man down all night. Yes we lost Roughy at the half, but by then Richmond had all but put the cue in the rack. They know there are more important fish to fry in September.
Surprised

Maybe maybe not, all I know is if I was a tiger fan, id be bit miffed they did not smash us tonight, cos percentage will play a vital part in the top four, and they have two very tough last two games, harder than ours. They had the chance for a big percentage boost and missed it, we outscored em in the second half, sorry if I was a tiges fan, wanting percentage id not be all that happy tonight. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:23 am

shawthing wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
It's not Buck's fault that he continually has to find ways to cover the loss of pivotal players.
I'm amazed that so many here don't seem to understand the mechanics of the devastating effects of injuries. The spotlight, if any, should go on the conditioning staff and recruiting people.

I agree mate. But either Bucks is the unluckiest man ever to play or coach in the AFL, or the club is cursed, or we recruit physically weak players, or our training ground is too hard causing a lot of the injuries, or...or...or perhaps all of the above.

Like you I'm totally at a loss as to why this happens year after year after year. It's not normal. Perhaps (for those who know their Bible) Bucks = Jonah.

THE only solution is to sack and dismss our entire fitness dept, all of em, out the door, this shit has gone on for too long, a change needs to be made.
Idea

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:24 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Thank God for the Beachboys next week, If we don't come out literally breathing fire for this one, we don't deserve to play Finals, and that's it.

But that's the problem surely mate. The modern game is not built around breathing fire and emotion. It's about have players skilled enough (and do we have enough of those?) to execute an effective game plan (and we sure don't have anything resembling that). I want to be more positive, but the fact is we are a shambles of a club at the moment - the New York Knicks of the AFL. Crying or Very sad
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:26 am

I have booked my September holidays.

Fk, I love Spring & the off season!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 am

David wrote:
Hard to find many positives tonight. I think we actually played better against GWS.

Some bright spots:
Hoskin-Elliott and Thomas finally finding some of last year’s form
Quaynor taking the game on
Howe, pretty much the only player able to hold his ground back there after Roughead went down
Crocker did some good things, not sure if enough to hold his spot though

Bad points:
Roughead going down. Our defence is decimated, just like last year; half expect us to have to redraft Oxley just to fill a space
Scharenberg handballing 5m to guys under pressure
Treloar’s bombs to no-one in particular (though he was good in other respects tonight)
Sidebottom’s constant brain fades
Cox – just a liability; not quick enough to man up and not offering much the other way
Varcoe, Daicos, Scharenberg, Elliott, Brown, Cox and maybe Crocker – all probably should be dropped on that effort. But who comes in?

Must look different on telly, what you don’t see was how much ground the likes of Sidey had to cover, it was too wet to play cox but who else was there? Crocker was fine, I don’t get the vitriol, the way I saw it we have 5 defenders injured, now 7, so maynard is trapped down back, the mids are having to play every position, our already too small forward line was just swallowed whole. We don’t have the depth to cover our outs. Treloar bombing to no one because no one presented!

Varcoe tries but he’s just too slow now, I’m assiming that’s why goldy didn’t play, Elliot is just to risky, and I don’t think Daicos is the foods, not yet anyway.

And no it didn’t cost us thegame but $£$%^%%$ hell werethe umps in tiger stripes? That in the back! And some explain holding because gee that picked and chose what they wanted

Cheers

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 am

shawthing wrote:

My apologies shawthing, but I don't know about Jonah. Embarassed
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:29 am

Sack Buckley after the Essendon game, then ride the caretaker coach wave all the way to a premiership.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:29 am

David wrote:
Hard to find many positives tonight. I think we actually played better against GWS.

Some bright spots:
Hoskin-Elliott and Thomas finally finding some of last year’s form
Quaynor taking the game on
Howe, pretty much the only player able to hold his ground back there after Roughead went down
Crocker did some good things, not sure if enough to hold his spot though

Yep, WHE especially improved as the game wore on. He's certainly becoming one versatile player!!

I also liked Callum Brown's game. He's got a very astute football brain I reckon, with lots of courage and fight as well. When his body catches up with an increase in strength, he may turn out to be a very valuable and reliable player.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:30 am

Piesnchess wrote:

THE only solution is to sack and dismss our entire fitness dept, all of em, out the door, this shit has gone on for too long, a change needs to be made.
Idea

Didn't we do this after 2017? Hasn't done much good.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:30 am

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Thank God for the Beachboys next week, If we don't come out literally breathing fire for this one, we don't deserve to play Finals, and that's it.

But that's the problem surely mate. The modern game is not built around breathing fire and emotion. It's about have players skilled enough (and do we have enough of those?) to execute an effective game plan (and we sure don't have anything resembling that). I want to be more positive, but the fact is we are a shambles of a club at the moment - the New York Knicks of the AFL. Crying or Very sad

True mate, very true, but footy is also bout confidence, and right now, ours is at a low ebb, real low, but a win can do wonders, u get your mojo back gives everyone a lift. To quote Barassi again, " winning isn't everything, its the only thing. " Idea

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:31 am

slangman wrote:
Sack Buckley after the Essendon game, then ride the caretaker coach wave all the way to a premiership.

That is amusing. Laughing

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:31 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
shawthing wrote:

My apologies shawthing, but I don't know about Jonah. Embarassed

Do a Google search. The story of Jonah and the whale. Wink

Last edited by shawthing on Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13   

Jump to: