Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Dees. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bokka wrote:
Yeah not sure what happened in last. Ran out of puff? Looked like melb flooded their backline and we didn't flood ours, giving them the advantage, so maybe it was tactical.

Anyway a learning experience and hopefully will keep building. Looking better but next week will give a better idea.

According to Buckley in the post-game press conference Grundy backed off in the last quarter when the game was already won. (Possibly Grundy giving the Collingwood paymasters a reminder of what might happen if he left).
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm

I would be disappointed if Bucks singled out Brodie for criticism again
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Perhaps publicly, but I noticed they did had a brief private exchange on the ground after the game. Seemed quite serious, certainly was no back-slapping.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Honestly, we played terribly for two out of four quarters and pretty well for the other two (and even then, only about as well as last week, when we did what we needed to against the worst team in the comp). So while I’m glad we got the four points, we missed the opportunity for a percentage boost and I also don’t know that we’ve really played ourselves into form the way I hoped we would over these two weeks.

Otherwise, Sidey and Mihocek were great, and Madgen actually did pretty well and justified his selection (which I, like some others, had questioned). Roughead up forward didn’t work at all, though.

Pierate16 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Just saw the vision the “the Hawkeye team” claims they were looking at. Completely inconclusive even they were looking at it, which they weren’t. Total bullsh*t, the coverup. The score review is the joke that keeps on joking.

Other than that, reasonable game by the Pies (for 2 quarters). Roughy up forward doesn’t work, so hope to see him down back next week with Tex on the prowl. Should try Mihocek/WHE as defacto KPPs until we can look at giving Moore a crack. Get our back six as consistent as possible before finals.

Will be watching tomorrow closely - hope Noble can show enough to come in for Daicos.

Last edited by Pierate16 on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Really promising signs.

JT - best match for the year
Varcoe - two weeks in form
Phillips - at last he is back
Madgen - so much better than previously
Scharenberg - incrementally better each week
Howe - very solid
Pendlebury - goals!
Adams - this guy needs matches, he played a much better second half - will keep improving
Elliott - felt he contributed more, fitness improving
Wills - a tackling machine, really good in the contest
Sidebottom- back to his best
Crisp - a goal and very very good - mr consistent
Grundy - great player, beat Gawn on the day without starring
Greenwood - just ok, not at his best
WHE - good pressure but didn’t hit the scoreboard this week
Mihocek - what a player he is
Brown - has become a very solid AFL player with flashes of something extra
Daicos - good till he was concussed
Mayne - battled hard, suspect he is pretty sore and will benefit from the bye

What is pleasing is that we have our wingers back in form. This makes a massive difference to our flow. The inside mids are looking ok now too. We look much better in the midfield than for much of this year.

Add in JDG,Moore and Stevo and we have a team that can take it up to anyone. I thought that we were cooked for the year but now I see a small glimmer of hope.

I also heard from Walsh that Reid is not done for this year and is making good progress. If he comes back in then we can return to our favoured backline and forward line structure with two talls.

The question is whether we can jag a top 4 spot - it is possible as the top teams play each other and Richmond is the most vulnerable with games against West Coast and Brisbane

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:14 pm

David wrote:
Honestly, we played terribly for two out of four quarters and pretty well for the other two (and even then, only about as well as last week, when we did what we needed to against the worst team in the comp). So while I’m glad we got the four points, we missed the opportunity for a percentage boost and I also don’t know that we’ve really played ourselves into form the way I hoped we would over these two weeks.

Otherwise, Sidey and Mihocek were great, and Madgen actually did pretty well and justified his selection (which I, like some others, had questioned). Roughead up forward didn’t work at all, though.

Yeah, a major concern is the poor start. We have now done this twice in a row. Cannot afford a similar slow start against Adelaide. Slow starts have been a factor ever since the WC game actually. It cost us any chance against both GWS and Richmond. The next significant step forward will be to arrest this trend against Adelaide.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 pm

DT wrote:
Really promising signs.

Grundy - great player, beat Gawn on the day without starring.

Grundy had a shocker, disposal wise. 37.5% D/E was second worst for us.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Donny wrote:
DT wrote:
Really promising signs.

Interesting stat. I did not particularly notice his poor disposal during the game. TBH, I thought Grundy was OK. One major thing was that he prevented Gawn from dominating.
We looked alot better in clearances than we have lately. I think this was actually due to the presence of Wills. We desperately needed an inside mid willing to throw his body into the contest. This has given Tay much needed support. Will look with interest at Wills' game next week. He doesn't have to be a star. He just needs to go into the packs and exert a physical presence.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Woods wrote:
Perhaps publicly, but I noticed they did had a brief private exchange on the ground after the game. Seemed quite serious, certainly was no back-slapping.

Yeah, I noticed that too Woods. Brodie had quite a sullen sort of look on his face. I hope their relationship has not suffered because of these damn contract talks!!
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Donny wrote:
DT wrote:
Really promising signs.

Interesting stat. I did not particularly notice his poor disposal during the game. TBH, I thought Grundy was OK. One major thing was that he prevented Gawn from dominating.
We looked alot better in clearances than we have lately. I think this was actually due to the presence of Wills. We desperately needed an inside mid willing to throw his body into the contest. This has given Tay much needed support. Will look with interest at Wills' game next week. He doesn't have to be a star. He just needs to go into the packs and exert a physical presence.

If you ruck like Grundy and try to get the ball out from multiple stoppages of course you would not expect a high disposal efficiency. I think that this observation lacks merit. I agree with the comment that Grundy neutered Gawn (for the most part).

DT 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:31 pm

To clarify my earlier comment Grundy is a great player, our best player. The comment does not mean he was “great” today, he wasn’t but he did his job
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:00 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
He said if results fall our way - ie. Rich or Bne Losing games

Did you see what the Brions did to the Suns today? They are the real deal this year. Doubt Richmond will lose either.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Bucks' 100th win as coach.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:04 pm

shawthing wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
He said if results fall our way - ie. Rich or Bne Losing games

Did you see what the Brions did to the Suns today? They are the real deal this year. Doubt Richmond will lose either.

Hell that is a massive margin. Yep, they are a force to fear. They play in a way similar to how we were playing last year, I have noticed... fearless, through the corridor, and running in numbers.
Would like to see us return to that in the last two games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: