Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Bombers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

rambler wrote:
if Thomas did his knee were finished. Just who do we replace him with?

DeGoey
Stephenson
Wells
Sidebottom
Broomhead
Daicos

Thomas is a liability

The Weed 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:48 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Lucky we’re only playing the Bombers again in 2 weeks, will get ugly in the Semis, won’t get within 10 goals of Richmond or Geelong

Can you be a bigger dick?

Probably
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:50 am

DT wrote:
Huge amount of upside for the Pies.

JDG Stevo and Sidey back

Aside from the obvious stars, Noble is a very smart player and can beat quality smalls. Good user of the footy. Great pick up by the recruiting team.

The defence is good. The balance of the midfield is good. The forward line is dangerous. If we can build through September we are a chance

Has to keep Aish out of the side. Better kick, better pace and better decision maker

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 am

Scrappy performance but a hugely important win for our top 4 hopes.

Essendon played better than expected, but I think we grinded them to a halt after quarter time when they burst out of the blocks with six goals in the first quarter. Our inability to stick tackles was frustrating, and Essendon was always a threat running off halfback.

Really pleased to have reduced Essendon to four goals after quarter time, and our inability to convert on the scoreboard meant the margin was closer than it should have been.

Outstanding performance by Grundy. Mihocek is becoming increasingly reliable as a key forward target and Elliott has picked up some much needed form leading into the finals. Going to be exciting when we add De Goey and Stephenson to the forward line mix.

Disappointing to hear about the injuries, but best and wait to see what the extent of the damage is before fearing the worst.

Here's hoping one of, if not both the Hawks and Lions win their matches this week to help secure a top 4 spot for us.

Last edited by Jezza on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Achilles 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:00 am

the fuzz wrote:
Bucks said Moore had a tight hammy , so he came off not to risk it. I’m not sure what that means, but there’s still hope he’s ok.
He said a Thomas pulled up ok too.
Go pies!

....and go Hawks......aaaaand Lions!

Is tightness worse than awareness?
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:06 am

From now on is where Bucks can make his mark.
With DeGod, Stevo, Mihocek and Billy in his forward line he must devise a plan to bamboozle opposition defences
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:06 am

swoop42 wrote:
Until we get some clarification over the health of Moore, de Goey, Sidebottom and see what the VFL holds tomorrow it's hard to give a strong opinion on selection 2 weeks out.

If Stephenson, de Goey and Sidebottom all return then you'd think at least one of Varcoe, Thomas or Brown would have to make way.

I'd be loathe to remove the demented wombat in Wills as his physical style seems to be helping our more polished midfielders gain cleaner ball on the outside.

Would absolutely not even entertain the possiblity of dropping "Wombat" Wills (great nickname, describes his play perfectly). He was absolutely fantastic in the second half. Crunched so many tackles, and if he didn't get the ball, he made sure that the opposition could not move it away quickly, giving us time to defend. He is willing to give his all, and he has fantastic brute strength. Well done, Rupert Wills Rapt for you mate. You've secured yourself a finals game.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:11 am

Hoping JT is OK. He might be "replaceable", but thought that tonight he showed signs of why he is a fantastic component of our forward line. I am very much hoping that his injury tonight was minor.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:12 am

Outs:

* Moore (injured)
* Thomas (omit)
* Varcoe (omit)
* Scharenberg (not needed)

Ins:

Steele
Stephenson
DeGoey
Wells: stuff it, lets go for it!

Just my opinion

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:19 am

inxs88 wrote:
Outs:

* Moore (injured)
* Thomas (omit)
* Varcoe (omit)
* Scharenberg (not needed)

Ins:

Steele
Stephenson
DeGoey
Wells: stuff it, lets go for it!

Just my opinion

scharenberg not needed??
Think we need him, especially if Moore is out.
Yeah, hard call with JT and Varcoe, given Stephenson and JDG to return.
Really I am not sure, Would love JT to be in our team. Trav Varcoe was a little disappointing tonight. Callum Brown was also quietish. Dilemmas.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:20 am

swoop42 wrote:

I'd be loathe to remove the demented wombat in Wills as his physical style seems to be helping our more polished midfielders gain cleaner ball on the outside.

That is indeed a great nickname!! Laughing Describes him perfectly. He must feel pretty sore after every game.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:22 am

Collingwood will go into the finals with at least the second best consecutive run of wins in the competition (and, if Brisbane draws with Richmond, the best). Also, despite the commentators suggesting that we aren’t travelling so well as last year, we’ve actually beaten most of the 8, should have beaten Geelong and would almost certainly beat the present GWS lineup. Given the disgusting run with injuries, that’s been a good result by a solid playing group.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:29 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Hell, if Darcy has indeed done another hammy, that is simply tragic news. If it is true, I am so sad for Darcy, and for us.
Losing him would be yet another hammer blow.

Yeah MTTM, it's a goddam shame for him and us and very deflating.

I sometimes wonder, trying to be optimistic, if it's a maturation problem and something he could grow out of. Even if he was given a year off footy and put on a special program to fix the damn things, maybe that would work?

Looking at it from the team angle though, we have so many players, especially Grundy, that we need to use our salary cap on. How can we afford to carry him? We've been lucky to have been able to persist with Jamie during a period when our better players were all locked in, but it's different now that Grundy has emerged as an out and out star.

Yeah if Grundy doesn't break into the million$ club next contract he's underselling himself.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:35 am

Achilles wrote:
the fuzz wrote:
Bucks said Moore had a tight hammy , so he came off not to risk it. I’m not sure what that means, but there’s still hope he’s ok.
He said a Thomas pulled up ok too.
Go pies!

....and go Hawks......aaaaand Lions!

Is tightness worse than awareness?

About the same I'd say. Teh fact he didn't get ice until the game was over suggests it wasn't a genuine strain, I'd say should be Ok for 1st final, that is if he is ever really OK - ie we always will be wondering if he'll last out a game.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:37 am

bokka wrote:

Yeah if Grundy doesn't break into the million$ club next contract he's underselling himself.

Yep, he's definitely worth it IMHO bokka Let's hope it's with us!!

It did cross my mind tonight that Brodie was playing for his spot in the All Australian team. Wink He ran about the ground like a mid!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: