Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Bombers. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

rambler wrote:
From now on is where Bucks can make his mark.
With DeGod, Stevo, Mihocek and Billy in his forward line he must devise a plan to bamboozle opposition defences

Having both stevo and elliot, surely DeGoey woudl be better used in midfield. Adds a lot of versatility becuase he can be swung either way as needed.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:41 am

I was in disbelief at some of the things Grundy did tonight.
He is such a star. I agree that we shouldn’t sign him for 7 years.....we should sign him for 8!!
And Scotty Pendlebury. He just seems to get better. What a champion.
Let’s hope we turn it on for his 300th next game!
Great games also by Mihocek, Billy, Treloar and Crisp. The back line was solid.
Roughy was a good target again, and was handy in the ruck. I assume he will go back in the first final.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:42 am

Monco Matt wrote:
I would like to see us trade Moore to the Bulldogs for a couple of reasons. For one, we will see if another club can solve his soft tissue problems, if so then we will have to admit that we are clueless in this department and force change. If he remains injury prone then at least he slows them down and he's their problem to deal with. Can't rely on him anymore given that we will continue to follow the status quo which is not revealing the reasons behind our crippling soft tissue injuries.

Agree and now you'd get a good deal for him, maybe a 1st round pick, but at least hopefully they only give him a one year deal until (if ever) his injury curse is lifted.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:44 am

Magpietothemax wrote:

scharenberg not needed??
Think we need him, especially if Moore is out.

I guess if Moore comes up and Roughie goes back, someone has to be squeezed out of the backline. I'd be really disappointed if it was Shazz, just for his sake. He's been steadily improving every week and would've taken that mark if Levi hadn't clobbered him. He'd repelled some Essendon attacks prior to that too. My heart sank when that happened. Crying or Very sad

So many dilemmas though. How could we risk playing Darcy in finals when he so often gets injured during the game? After all, the footy gods seem to take every opportunity to make things hard for us Wink

I guess it will be all about match-ups, depending on which team (s) we play. .
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:51 am

One thing that has been quite clear to me is that we've had far more success since Tay and the Wombat have been in the team. Those two tough nuts have made such a huge difference, for reasons already well described here on Nick's. May they stay injury free for the remainder of the season!!!
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:54 am

Achilles wrote:

Is tightness worse than awareness?

You talking hammys or testicles?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:57 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
One thing that has been quite clear to me is that we've had far more success since Tay and the Wombat have been in the team. Those two tough nuts have made such a huge difference, for reasons already well described here on Nick's. May they stay injury free for the remainder of the season!!!

This

bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:13 am

I'm gutted for Darcy. Feels like a loss to be honest. It's his left hamstring, the one that he first did in the VFL before his debut and tore off the bone and got operated on. My guess is there's scar tissue there and it won't heal for years, if ever.
The only thing he can do is to strengthen the muscle and associated muscle groups by training in the right way. Also make sure his running mechanics are good. Who knows. I hope the club can consult some other experts, and get more opinions. I'm really doubting our medical/fitness staff at the moment. From the outside looking in we can't really comment too much. Afer all the club gives us no insights or details into what they are doing with injuries. Lies and subterfuge is what it's all about. And then they tell put a banner up to thank the 85 thousand members, but they think it's ok to lie to them. As long as the money comes in I guess. Do something about it Eddie, it's a joke.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:14 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

scharenberg not needed??
Think we need him, especially if Moore is out.

I guess if Moore comes up and Roughie goes back, someone has to be squeezed out of the backline. I'd be really disappointed if it was Shazz, just for his sake. He's been steadily improving every week and would've taken that mark if Levi hadn't clobbered him. He'd repelled some Essendon attacks prior to that too. My heart sank when that happened. Crying or Very sad

So many dilemmas though. How could we risk playing Darcy in finals when he so often gets injured during the game? After all, the footy gods seem to take every opportunity to make things hard for us Wink

I guess it will be all about match-ups, depending on which team (s) we play. .

It's because collingwood supporters wail so hard and agonizingly when things go wrong. Those gods can't resist the entertainment.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:20 am

More relief than anything. IT was tense all game and I had a terrible feeling we were gonna lose. that lost opp with varcoe's pass over the head when he could have kicked easy goal himself, I was fearing that could come back to haunt us when they won by less than a goal. Esp because they are experts at winning close ones and coming back from behind at the end.
Looks like Sidey is pretty pivotal to the side, but good that midfield got it together to dominate without him in last half.
And as a couple already said, Wills has also become pivotal to the midfield, a great unexpected bonus when we really needed some luck. Looked like probably career over before he got that opportunity. Just shows that even injury crises have a good side.

Last edited by bokka on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 am

Positives:

1. We won!

2. I was running late for work, so I watched the game at 4x speed and the scoreline didn't change quickly, so I was able to keep up.

3. Billy seems to be dropping into a rich vein of form, just in time.

4. I think we're a better side with Cox playing, but I am starting to think Checkers plays better without Cox in the side; the long balls to Cox that end up on the ground? Those are marks for Checkers now.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 am

Dominant, but as usual, don’t have the composure, smarts or skill to kick a score vs half decent teams.

Still lack reliable goal kickers on the run from 45m+. Still lack players who can snag goals from 40m out from nothing (all kicks drop short off one step or around body: Brown, Thomas, Treloar, Adams, WHE... Just no bail-out goals or cheap goals to stamp our authority on a game. Until JDG and Stephenson come back, will continue to be a massive issue.

Solid players like Phillips will do good things then come unstuck with stupid ‘millionaire’ type hand balls to players under pressure...turnover. When we want players to play the percentages they attempt the miracle. When we want run and spread, we go backwards and play it safe.

I don’t know what to make of this team. Need our best players on the park to have any sort of chance this September. Not too dissimilar to most seasons and most premiership fancies. No secret that Brisbane have 1-2 on their injury list, Geelong just a few, as well as WCE and Richmond. Also no secret that the next teams (Collingwood, GWS and Essendon) have been hit hard by injuries.

Fingers crossed we can sneak into 3-4 on the ladder and play some players into match fitness and form, regardless of the result.

In this one, 7.15 to 4.3 (or 22 shots to 7, after Essendon opened with an 8-shot opening quarter) says we’re capable (we have the second best defence this season, statistically-speaking, despite the injuries to key players), but we need to keep the scoreboard ticking over otherwise we’re just making up the numbers.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:06 am

AMT plays well against bad oppo & disappears against good oppo, so it was a bit disturbing what happened tonight. Or has AMT broken the AMT Curse?
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:14 am

AMT seriously killed us. You can't tackle him because he drops his knees and does the shoulder shrug trick and gets the high tackle free every time.

McKernan and the Irish guy also did some damage. We need to put some more work into these 3 if we get them in the EF.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:20 am

bally12 wrote:
... I'm really doubting our medical/fitness staff at the moment. From the outside looking in we can't really comment too much. Afer all the club gives us no insights or details into what they are doing with injuries. Lies and subterfuge is what it's all about. And then they tell put a banner up to thank the 85 thousand members, but they think it's ok to lie to them. As long as the money comes in I guess. Do something about it Eddie, it's a joke.

Lying would be okay if they had a clue about what they are doing, but it sounds like they've convinced themselves there are no injury problems at our club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: