Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in Prelim. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 7.10.52
GWS 8.8.56

Goals: JT, Stevo 2, Mayne, Reid, Elliott 1,

Disposals: Howe 28, Crisp 26, Grundy 25, Maynard 23, Treloar 22, Adams 20, Flip, Pendles 18, Moore 17, Stevo, Noble, Wills, Sidey 16, Elliott 13,

D/E: Moore 82.4%, Howe 82.1, Wills 81.9

Tackles: Wills 12, Crisp, Pendles 9.

AF points: Grundy 161, Crisp 126, Howe 107, Maynard 103, Pendles 94

-----------------------------

Pendles/Sidey only 34 disposals between them. Telling.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

bokka wrote:
Gotta say, great game by the GWS - away at the G, hostile crowd, key players out, davis hobbled. they were just too good. Ran out of legs in teh last and we nearly pinched it but wasn't to be, but no goals in 2nd and 3rd q = diid'nt deserve it.
Pretty gutted but life goes on it's jsut a game, but I feel a lot more sorry for the players and coach, they must be devastated - and premiership window may not stay open for much longer.

I"m inclined to say GWS just handed the ship to Richmond but who knows? I didn't think they had a hope in hell in this game either, and they get key players back.

A lot of what ifs, but what if it had been dry? I think they still would have won.

Great comment Bokka. Makes me feel better. But I think you are wrong in the last sentence. Had the day been dry, I am pretty sure we would have won. The extra energy we had in the last quarter to almost roll them over would have been magnified in double the impact on a dry ground. The rain,
and more importantly a clearcut deficit of intensity, together cost the game.

bokka Cancer

piedys wrote:
Now let's be absolutely fkucking crystal clear on this: WAS WELLS FIT TO PLAY?

Nobody tell me that his presence and clean hands, wouldn't have made a difference, as opposed to all the half arsed, fumbling &%%&-up merchants that slaughtered the pill today?!

IT was very slippery, did you watch the richmond/wc pre-finals game? they were fumbling like crazy, looked like school footy. But GWS were a bit cleaner. so maybe a dry day would have suited us better.
AS far as Wells, I don't think tha would have made the difference given he was out for so long but we'll never know. NO point agonizing over that but taht's easier said than done.

Last edited by bokka on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
derkd 

bokka wrote:
Gotta say, great game by the GWS - away at the G, hostile crowd, key players out, davis hobbled. they were just too good. Ran out of legs in teh last and we nearly pinched it but wasn't to be, but no goals in 2nd and 3rd q = diid'nt deserve it.
Pretty gutted but life goes on it's jsut a game, but I feel a lot more sorry for the players and coach, they must be devastated - and premiership window may not stay open for much longer.

I"m inclined to say GWS just handed the ship to Richmond but who knows? I didn't think they had a hope in hell in this game either, and they get key players back.

A lot of what ifs, but what if it had been dry? I think they still would have won.

Agree, as i sad in another thread...in some ways that game was our season write large, leave it all to 1 quater efforts..happend far too offten this year and we paid the price.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
piedys wrote:
Enjoy watching the game Beams?

I usually enjoy your comments very muchy, piedsy
But that one's a low blow.

Completely agree MTTM!!!!

Newsflash: we just lost a prelim final, and this club tells LIES!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Those two overturned goals did us no favours, none, and the rain sure as hell negated us. It is what it is. We played a shocking third qtr, a poor start of the last, but came home like a train, but catch up footy, too late in the game. Least we came good and fought it out to the end, give credit for that. But had we won, staggered over the line, we would be buggered, kinda like the 2011 PF, stuffed for the GF. To beat the tigers u need ur best team out there, they are terrified of Cox and hes out, De goey would be proppy, at best, and No Greenwood and Beams. Tigers only have Rance out, big difference. Lets face it an nightmare is losing to those tiger ferals, in a GF, nothing would be worse, theyd be in our faces, gloating, Molloy, Bartlett, bragging, itd be sheer hell. Cos we would not have won with this tired team, theyd be fresher. It is what it is, least we fought it out at the end. WE had mass injuries this year too, so really, we did do pretty well to get where we have, im disappointed, but kinda relieved we wont lose a GF to Richmond !

ON to next season.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
derkd 

bokka wrote:

Agree, as i sad in another thread...in some ways that game was our season write large, leave it all to 1 quater efforts..happend far too offten this year and we paid the price.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Donny wrote:
Pendles/Sidey only 34 disposals between them. Telling.

Correct and thats why we lost last years GF. Similiar stats and well below their averages these two.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:38 pm

Anyone else but Reid and aish in the team and we win...
What'sinaname Libra

Too few played close to a full game.

Almost stole the game with 15 minutes of blissful football, but you can't play 12% of a game and expect to win.

We need to chase a tall marking forward.....Reid and Cox are not the answer...Maybe we take a chance on Patton.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

bokka wrote:
piedys wrote:

Nobody tell me that his presence and clean hands, wouldn't have made a difference, as opposed to all the half arsed, fumbling &%%&-up merchants that slaughtered the pill today?!

IT was very slippery, did you watch the richmond/wc pre-finals game? they were fumbling like crazy, looked like school footy. But GWS were a bit cleaner. so maybe a dry day would have suited us better.

GWS have a better disposal standard than our ball slaughterers, regardless.

Wells is/was the cleanest pair of hands on our list. End of story.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:39 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
Anyone else but Reid and aish in the team and we win...

Drawing a very big bow to blame it on thiwe two guys. We had many players who were way below par today.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:39 pm

So gutted. How dare they give me hope like that. I’d rather a goalless last qtr. now I’m copping it from all angles. It’s tough being a Pies supporter. Almost wish I barracked for Hawthorn.
We need to throw everything and anything to get a decent forward. Reid and Checkers found wanting, especially the latter.
Also **** the weather gods! When it dried up we were clearly the better side.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Those two overturned goals did us no favours, none, and the rain sure as hell negated us. It is what it is. We played a shocking third qtr, a poor start of the last, but came home like a train, but catch up footy, too late in the game. Least we came good and fought it out to the end, give credit for that. But had we won, staggered over the line, we would be buggered, kinda like the 2011 PF, stuffed for the GF. To beat the tigers u need ur best team out there, they are terrified of Cox and hes out, De goey would be proppy, at best, and No Greenwood and Beams. Tigers only have Rance out, big difference. Lets face it an nightmare is losing to those tiger ferals, in a GF, nothing would be worse, theyd be in our faces, gloating, Molloy, Bartlett, bragging, itd be sheer hell. Cos we would not have won with this tired team, theyd be fresher. It is what it is, least we fought it out at the end. WE had mass injuries this year too, so really, we did do pretty well to get where we have, im disappointed, but kinda relieved we wont lose a GF to Richmond !

ON to next season.!

Thanks PiesnChess. Love this comment. Makes me feel better as well. Great that I can come to this site and find refuge from the devasting feelings threatening to engulf me otherwise.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:42 pm

piedys wrote:
bokka wrote:
piedys wrote:

GWS have a better disposal standard than our ball slaughterers, regardless.

Wells is/was the cleanest pair of hands on our list. End of story.

We were also killed around the ball for most of the game (and the year).

The mindset was all wrong, like i say, nothing is worse then when media get on the Collingwood train...the players, club, fans cant handle the weight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 4 of 27   

Jump to: