Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The "Official Nick's BB" Trump Impeachment thread!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
A different Republican take on the Trump impeachment.
Trump acted inappropriately but this doesn't qualify as a high crime and the people can cast their judgement on Trump in 10 months:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/us/politics/alexander-impeachment-witnesses.html

However, crime is not the sole determinant for impeachment, never was. This is a simple misdirection.

For example: Russia might attack though bombing the US. The POTUS might react by not doing anything. However given defending one’s citizens is a primary function of the POTUS then he could indeed should be impeached: nothing illegal was done by the POTUS as it were.

The argument has no weight and is merely a subterfuge

Wrong, the scope for impeachment is incredibly narrow.

Treason (which your example would be), Bribery, High Crimes and Misdemeanors. That's it.

Rubbish. In my example the POTUS has not broken the law; not an illegal act but more than sufficient for impeachment.

In the same way trying to bribe Ukraine for personal rather than national interest is also impeachable for a POTUS

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:56 am

In your example they havr committed treason as I said, they've betrayed their country to an enemy. Pretty straight forward, not sure why you're being intentionally dense.

https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec4.html

Read that, it's short. Those are the only constitutional reasons for impeachment. There was no bribery of Ukraine, bribery wasn't mentioned in any articles of impeachment. This was nothing but a partisan 'get Trump because we think we're going to lose the election' impeachment. It was an unconscionable attempt to subvert the will of the electorate.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 am

^Nothing to do with Captain Bone Spurs' financial intransparency, conflicts of interest, seemingly endless list of corrupt associates, flagrant abuse of executive custom, invitation of foreign electoral interference, blatant nepotism, bullying of journalists, buying of journalistic coverage, secret payments, firing of qualified staff, removal of contradictory counsel, judicial interference, violent threats and thuggery, record-breaking pathological lying, and daily denigration and disgrace of office.

Nope, no connection at all. Just victimhood.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Wokko wrote:
In your example they havr committed treason as I said, they've betrayed their country to an enemy. Pretty straight forward, not sure why you're being intentionally dense.

https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec4.html

Read that, it's short. Those are the only constitutional reasons for impeachment. There was no bribery of Ukraine, bribery wasn't mentioned in any articles of impeachment. This was nothing but a partisan 'get Trump because we think we're going to lose the election' impeachment. It was an unconscionable attempt to subvert the will of the electorate.

I'm sure that's doing the round for all the Trump apologists Rolling Eyes

However, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck.....

"....To the word “misdemeanor,” indeed, is naturally attached a yet broader signification, which would embrace personal character and behavior as well as the proprieties of official conduct. Nor was, nor is, there any just reason why it should be restricted in this direction; for, in establishing a permanent national government, to insure purity and dignity, to secure the confidence of its own people and command the respect of foreign powers, it is not unfit that civil officers, and most especially the highest of all, the head of the people, should be answerable for personal demeanor..."

"The Causes for which a President can be impeached"

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/548144/

Guilty as charged. I'll repeat a crime is not the only determinant for impeachment. This isn't too diffcult.

It's form for Trump to abuse his power (let alone bring opprobrium to the office of POTUS)

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:09 am

Acquitted of both charges. Romney went guilty on article 1 then flip flopped on article 2 and went not guilty. :Lol:
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:14 am

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/02/the-failure-of-democratic-opposition

Quote:
Let us imagine that you are a person who does not care very much about politics. If you are sort of vaguely paying attention to what happens in the U.S. Congress, what would your impression be of what is happening in our country politically? Over the last months, you would have seen Democrats trying and failing to remove the president from office. The president’s High Crime was conditioning aid to Ukraine (a country Americans do not care about) on the country’s promise to investigate Joe Biden (a corrupt politician Americans do not particularly care for). To prove their case, Democrats elevated John Bolton (a repugnant untrustworthy warmonger) and had to stick up for Hunter Biden (a ne’er-do-well with shady business dealings, whose past is full of cocaine, strip clubs, and nepotistic failing upward).

This is what you have been hearing about Congressional Democrats. This has been their primary obsession. It was doomed from the start, because Senate Republicans were always going to support Trump, and so Trump was always going to get a victory he could spin as vindication. It confused people, because the underlying issues are opaque and boring. At the end of it, Trump’s approval rating was higher than ever. Well done, everybody.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Is anyone actually surprised?

As for Pelosi, what a joke. Whole thing could be a conspiracy theory where Pelosi was actually working for Trump.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Not a bad run down there. The Democrats just keep punching themselves in the face, it's hilarious. The John Bolton thing is spot on, seeing people on the left championing this guy as some kind of saviour was bizzare. Ditto Mittens Romney now.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:05 pm

A predictable outcome that only strengthens Trump at the end of it.

Romney proving he was always a RINO. You're in trouble when you believe John Bolton is the saviour to removing Trump from office Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:11 pm

3.14159 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
My prediction.

The Democrats will pass impeachment stuff in the house of reps, the republican senate will block it.

Trump will win a 2nd term as POTUS in a close call that will have every left winger and Democrat spinning in angst for another 4 years.

In 2024, Trump's daughter runs and wins, hospital emergency rooms report a new phenomena of spontaneously exploding heads, investigations show it's confined to democrat voters

Would you like a friendly wager on that?

$100 says the only prediction you got right was the House voting to impeach.

from 3 months ago, 2 out of 4 so far, with Trump the bookies favourite to stay POTUS.

Wanna go double or nothing on the result of the Presidential Election?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Laughing

I was wondering when you'd bring the bet back up
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Well, I didn't go soliciting bets, I had one offered to me and took it.

Since we haven't seen from old mate for a while now, just thought I'd bring it back up and offer an option. Razz Wink Cool

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:10 pm

I see Sondland and Vindman have been purged in a retributive action that would do a tinpot dictatorship proud. When wounded narcissists lash out they effectively turn into psychopaths, and it's only going to get worse as Friendless Freddy seeks revenge on the world.

They've created a deranged monster subject to no law before our very eyes. Shudder.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:50 pm

David wrote:
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/02/the-failure-of-democratic-opposition

Quote:
Let us imagine that you are a person who does not care very much about politics. If you are sort of vaguely paying attention to what happens in the U.S. Congress, what would your impression be of what is happening in our country politically? Over the last months, you would have seen Democrats trying and failing to remove the president from office. The president’s High Crime was conditioning aid to Ukraine (a country Americans do not care about) on the country’s promise to investigate Joe Biden (a corrupt politician Americans do not particularly care for). To prove their case, Democrats elevated John Bolton (a repugnant untrustworthy warmonger) and had to stick up for Hunter Biden (a ne’er-do-well with shady business dealings, whose past is full of cocaine, strip clubs, and nepotistic failing upward).

This is what you have been hearing about Congressional Democrats. This has been their primary obsession. It was doomed from the start, because Senate Republicans were always going to support Trump, and so Trump was always going to get a victory he could spin as vindication. It confused people, because the underlying issues are opaque and boring. At the end of it, Trump’s approval rating was higher than ever. Well done, everybody.

That was an extraordinary article. I don't necessarily agree with the predicted horror show when Trump gets re-elected, but everything else is pretty much on the money

You also have to wonder how much the impeachment trial trashed Biden's chances. Rita Panahi has an excellent description for son of Biden.

Quote:
Among the revelations were that Biden’s son Hunter was being paid about US$50,000 a month to sit on the board of Burisma Holdings, one of Ukraine’s biggest natural gas companies, despite having no qualification or experience in the industry.

Biden Jnr — who was kicked out of the Navy for cocaine abuse, cheated on his wife with his brother’s widow and then cheated on his brother’s widow with a stripper whom he denied impregnating before DNA tests proved him a liar — has admitted that his proximity to the vice president was probably why he secured the lucrative role.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/rita-panahi/rita-panahi-donald-trump-thrives-as-blundering-democrats-flop/news-story/ff851999663e420e2167d95f7f385260

That's $17k AUS per week to attend a board meeting once a month. Where do I sign?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:07 pm

He’s obviously dumb like his Dad or he’d be earning real money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24   

Jump to: