Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #21 Trey Ruscoe

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Ruscoe deserves another chance. His VFL form has been solid, and he would be the natural replacement for Ryan or Murphy (if he's unavailable).

If anything, Ruscoe should have been selected ahead of Ryan last night.

I think it was Ryan's extra pace which got him selected ahead of Ruscoe. That said, I would definitely pick him this week to replace Murphy.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:10 pm
Post subject: Trey Ruscoe DepartsReply with quote

Looks like the first of the delistings occurred today if Trey's insta account is accurate.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:20 pm

Sad, but not unexpected. Always liked Trey even when he had his critics.

Hope he gets another chance and excels elsewhere.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:55 pm

A shame to hear. It was strange how he played so well in his one match this season and never got another chance – it always seemed that it was only due to the strength of our defence, and that he would be a necessary depth player going forward. Hope he gets another chance elsewhere.

Here's the post, by the way: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx-Muz6Pvzr/

Trey Ruscoe wrote:
Wow what a journey it has been. I’ve met some amazing people along the way that I am just so thankful for and I’m just so happy that I got the opportunity to play at such a great club. The friendships I have made will be forever lasting and I will miss everyone from the club so much. Everyone has played a massive part in my career and I have learnt many lessons on the way which i am so thankful for. To the Collingwood faithful fans you have been awesome and we/I couldn’t have done it without your support the whole way through, thank you @collingwood_fc ❤️❤️

Plenty of comments from other players under the post (like, literally every player on the list; seems they're all on Instagram nowadays!).

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:09 pm

Speaking of Collingwood players on Instagram, I just saw this post from Charlie Dean's account – seems like all or most of the list who didn't get a premiership medallion doing a group shot on the podium after the game: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx9ugfFRucp/
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:45 pm

Surely Trey is a trade back to West Coast. Was too good for the VFL and stuck in a strong defensive queue. Can’t fathom him being delisted otherwise
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:20 am

Its a shame, but I think young Kelly might join him, has not really worked out has it. Does not always work out being sons of former players, like it has so well for trhe Moores and Daiscoses, look at both the Brown boys. ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:08 am

A really good player who could get a regular game on another list, so you can't begrudge him the opportunity.

It's pretty normal to have some turnover on the edge of the list, while you never know when you might get another Checkers, Coxy, Noble, Ginni out of nowhere, so it's probably a good thing.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:35 am

Wow, not someone I would have parted with. Has poise and good kicking skills. But meh, trust the process I guess.
bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:54 am

You have to have 3 spots every year which makes it hard. I would imagine Kelly and Bianco would be the others

Tom Wilson probably wont be offered another contract (He has been a rookie for more than 3 years now) and I imagine Cooper Murley will also go (another rookie spot).

Arlo Draper is probably borderline - potentially could be rookied. Id love to see Bianco hang around but I dont think it will happen

Its always tough this time of year but the difference is we have a premiership cup to ease the pain

npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:12 am

I think the knock on Trey is that he sometimes misses easy targets even when under minimum pressure. Saw him do this in one VFL game, when in a stop play situation (mark or free kick) he missed a team mate less than 30 metres away, kicked the ball right over his head straight to an opponent and it resulted in an opposition goal. A real face palm moment.
He certainly has a lot of good features and I think he can make it at AFL level, especially if he can clean up this element of his game.
I hope he gets another opportunity.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:13 am

Quote:
trey_ruscoe1 Wow what a journey it has been. I’ve met some amazing people along the way that I am just so thankful for and I’m just so happy that I got the opportunity to play at such a great club. The friendships I have made will be forever lasting and I will miss everyone from the club so much. Everyone has played a massive part in my career and I have learnt many lessons on the way which i am so thankful for. To the Collingwood faithful fans you have been awesome and we/I couldn’t have done it without your support the whole way through, thank you @collingwood_fc ❤️❤️

Source : https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx-Muz6Pvzr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:33 am

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Surely Trey is a trade back to West Coast. Was too good for the VFL and stuck in a strong defensive queue. Can’t fathom him being delisted otherwise

I could be wrong, but the timing of the announcement suggests he’s being delisted rather than traded, right? That is, if he were on the trade table, we wouldn’t be making any final decisions about his spot on the list until after the trade period (even if he and the club both know his contract won’t be renewed)?

It probably doesn’t matter as he’ll hopefully be picked up in the draft anyway. But it sounds like he’s been told definitively rather than informed that he’s being shopped around.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:38 am

^That would be a tragedy; he's miles too good to not get a spot on a list. Hopefully, being next in line in the premier team in the comp bodes well for him.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:49 am

David wrote:
A shame to hear. It was strange how he played so well in his one match this season and never got another chance – it always seemed that it was only due to the strength of our defence, and that he would be a necessary depth player going forward. Hope he gets another chance elsewhere.

Yes, agree 100%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: