Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #21 Trey Ruscoe

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
A very impressive press conference for an 18 year old. Seems like he will give all he can to improve and solidify his game - then go back to Freo as an accomplished 23 year old. Wink Laughing Laughing

well he is 23, not sure how accompished he became, and yes, Freo can now get him
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:08 pm

I thought him a handy player and one who can definitely hold his own in the seniors, given the chance. We had better hope Nathan M. doesn't get forced into an early retirement due to repeated concussions, as we might will have limited selection options now if that occurs.

That said, I hope he can have a productive career at another club.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:19 pm

All the best to Trey. He’s a good bloke and well liked, and I hope he gets a second chance elsewhere. I’m a bit surprised the club didn’t offer him a trade, but I don’t think they got much interest from other clubs sadly.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:00 pm

Not sure what happened here, I thought there were two or three others that would've made way before him. Played a solid game on Anzac Day and I expected to see more of him
Boot 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:33 pm

I'm very disappointed that Trey Ruscoe has been let go by Collingwood. I thought he performed admirably when given chances at AFL level and showed at VFL level he could compete against bigger opposition players by holding down the full back role even though he is built to be the third tall in a well balance defense.
Apparently there were some criticism of his disposal efficiency, but I never saw that to be an obvious weakness in Trey's game.
In Fly we trust, that he can pick the players who can deliver at the elite level.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:42 pm

Too good for VFL, couldn't get a spot at AFL level but when he had a chance he did his job. Good footballer, sorry to see him go.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:57 pm

thanks for your service to the CFC.
definitely will find a place on another AFL list.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:01 am

David wrote:
The Black and White Lion wrote:
Surely Trey is a trade back to West Coast. Was too good for the VFL and stuck in a strong defensive queue. Can’t fathom him being delisted otherwise

I could be wrong, but the timing of the announcement suggests he’s being delisted rather than traded, right? That is, if he were on the trade table, we wouldn’t be making any final decisions about his spot on the list until after the trade period (even if he and the club both know his contract won’t be renewed)?

It probably doesn’t matter as he’ll hopefully be picked up in the draft anyway. But it sounds like he’s been told definitively rather than informed that he’s being shopped around.

Yeah you’re right. This week is brutal we haven’t even stopped celebrating but the process and the competition is going past us if we focus only on 2023’s amazing achievements.

Still gutted for Trey and had hoped to retain him or trade back to WA. I thought WC would need a player like that although he hails from Freo territory so who knows there. I hope one of them pick him up as a DFA now or take on as a rookie / SSP.

I guess we’re replacing Trey with Ryan as half back depth. Bianco a chance to stay on also. Makes a bit more sense why we were going harder at Doedee if we’d already decided to delist Trey. Wonder what other list decisions we’ve already made?

Ominous signs for other players though if Trey was let go like that. Wilson Murley Draper Kelly haven’t had much to show and can’t think they’ve performed better than Trey.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:33 am

Probably pace, the odd errand kick, and lack of finesse at the contest

And who knows, decision making ?

Not saying I have any of these right, but they all could be borderline, and it's the sum of the parts.

As a supporter, sad to see him go too. Apart from getting slaughtered by Franklin early days, and who blames him for that ? He has performed well when called upon... but the coaches must think the guy has limits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: