Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood, the AFL and the Virus.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming back from nearly 2 weeks in Sydney.
Currently at Eden and wondering about crossing the border.
Everything was on the go in NSW.
I don't want to go back in lock down.
My brother said I should have stayed in Sydney and somehow go to the game.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Put ya hands up if you think we should move back to Vic park I do. Collingwood has been crap ever since moving to Holden Center the club become a big corporate mess. People only concerned about themselves. It’s lost it’s soul too. There’s no value in membership and it’s not a club it’s a corporation. It’s been to content with Eddie and company in control there too. By the looks of things these next 5 years will be similar to years 2013-2017 just a stagnant club. 2018 was the only highlight for mine been backwards since. A clean out both on and off field is required at seasons end. It kind of reminds me of the late 1990s but to be honest they owed up and Managment at the time stepped down as they were honest with themselves. I honestly think now is the time for Eddie to step down and leave the place. Look we aren’t going anywhere. I’ll much rather be in richmond hawthorn stkilda bulldogs north Melb melb and even carltons shoes these days. Collingwood aren’t appealing anymore either. The operation of Collingwood sucks and all they are doing is taking people and loyal people for granted. I think we deserve better. Time to drain the swamp.

Fair dinkum how old are you? Such bloody juvenile comments from someone who wants to be taken seriously 🥺 To make such comments this early in the season is your right but it is also idiotic 😠

Looks like I'll have to get out and mend the fence again...

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:20 pm

masoncox wrote:

stay in sydney - not sure about the game!!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:35 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Lazza wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Put ya hands up if you think we should move back to Vic park I do. Collingwood has been crap ever since moving to Holden Center the club become a big corporate mess. People only concerned about themselves. It’s lost it’s soul too. There’s no value in membership and it’s not a club it’s a corporation. It’s been to content with Eddie and company in control there too. By the looks of things these next 5 years will be similar to years 2013-2017 just a stagnant club. 2018 was the only highlight for mine been backwards since. A clean out both on and off field is required at seasons end. It kind of reminds me of the late 1990s but to be honest they owed up and Managment at the time stepped down as they were honest with themselves. I honestly think now is the time for Eddie to step down and leave the place. Look we aren’t going anywhere. I’ll much rather be in richmond hawthorn stkilda bulldogs north Melb melb and even carltons shoes these days. Collingwood aren’t appealing anymore either. The operation of Collingwood sucks and all they are doing is taking people and loyal people for granted. I think we deserve better. Time to drain the swamp.

Fair dinkum how old are you? Such bloody juvenile comments from someone who wants to be taken seriously 🥺 To make such comments this early in the season is your right but it is also idiotic 😠

Looks like I'll have to get out and mend the fence again...

Paint the fence

Long stroke. Up, down. Very good.

Bend your knees. Down.

Up.

Very good, Daniel-san.

Don't forget to breathe.

In, out.

Up......down.

Up, down.

Up......down.

Up......down.

Very good, Daniel-san.

Up, down.

Up......down.

Small board, left hand.

Big board, right hand.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:31 pm

think positive wrote:
masoncox wrote:

stay in sydney - not sure about the game!!!

I had to go home unfortunately.
Crossed the border and there was about 40 cops on duty and not one car for about 150 kms.
Easy money for the coppers!!!
I truly felt I was the Omega Man from that movie in the 70's.
Driving with no other car from Eden to Cann River.
And then what happened ...My car broke down outside of Bairnsdale.
Stuck here for I don't know how long.
So I might be watching the game in regional victoria on friday night.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 am

Some good pubs in Bairnsdale, if open.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:27 pm

If Collingwood won the flag would you ignore the social distancing advice to get on the sauce with the hordes of celebrating Collingwood supporters?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:52 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
If Collingwood won the flag would you ignore the social distancing advice to get on the sauce with the hordes of celebrating Collingwood supporters?

If they do and I get to experience 3 flags in my lifetime so far, I would definitely celebrate with my magpie mates. I will never forget the sheer happiness experienced in 1990 and 2010. If I didn't, I would not give myself some more joyous memories to remember forever. It will be a risk but geez, my life has been full of all sorts of risks up to now so I'm a risk taker I suppose. Some of the risks I look back on were absolutely stupid and irresponsible behaviour but somehow I have managed to survive.
I think my utter exhilaration will overcome my reservations about celebrating with my loyal magpie mates with whom I have shared a lifetime of ups and downs following Collingwood. There will be no better experience for me.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:59 pm

I would love another to make it 5 in my lifetime (53,58, 90,10 & ?

Gee I used to talk with dad who born 1908 was a young man living in Sackville St ,Collingwood and told me the joy of 27,28,29,30

Would not we all love seeing that

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:09 pm

BazBoy wrote:
I would love another to make it 5 in my lifetime (53,58, 90,10 & ?

Gee I used to talk with dad who born 1908 was a young man living in Sackville St ,Collingwood and told me the joy of 27,28,29,30

Would not we all love seeing that

Oh wow! How good would that have been? Glad your dad got to experience such a wonderful achievement by Collingwood.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:11 am

Lazza wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:

If they do and I get to experience 3 flags in my lifetime so far, I would definitely celebrate with my magpie mates. I will never forget the sheer happiness experienced in 1990 and 2010. If I didn't, I would not give myself some more joyous memories to remember forever. It will be a risk but geez, my life has been full of all sorts of risks up to now so I'm a risk taker I suppose. Some of the risks I look back on were absolutely stupid and irresponsible behaviour but somehow I have managed to survive.
I think my utter exhilaration will overcome my reservations about celebrating with my loyal magpie mates with whom I have shared a lifetime of ups and downs following Collingwood. There will be no better experience for me.

yup, i can still see me and my sister turn to each other with 5 min to go, second level, behind the bummers cheer squad, Matthews had just walked down the stairs pumping his arms, we looked at each other and said Oh my god we are going to win! we had been to 3 heartbreaking losses, and seen 2 on tv, i will never ever forget that moment, it was the best day of my life bar none, i will never ever forget how it felt, we stayed til the ground was empty and then went to vic park, got home at 3am. thats the day i want to relive, you never ever forget your first time!!!

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:29 pm

think positive wrote:

yup, i can still see me and my sister turn to each other with 5 min to go, second level, behind the bummers cheer squad, Matthews had just walked down the stairs pumping his arms, we looked at each other and said Oh my god we are going to win! we had been to 3 heartbreaking losses, and seen 2 on tv, i will never ever forget that moment, it was the best day of my life bar none, i will never ever forget how it felt, we stayed til the ground was empty and then went to vic park, got home at 3am. thats the day i want to relive, you never ever forget your first time!!!

I remember that exact moment. Having witnessed so many defeats and knowing how the Pies had a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I was yelling at Matthews "It's too soon! It's too soon! You'll curse us!" my heart was racing. I went to Vic Park that night as well. Walked home to Brunswick at about 3am. Best night of my life!!

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:01 pm

Remainder of the AFL season is going to be played in QLD. You bloody beauty. I'll finally get to see the Pies live.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:09 pm

Sounds like the GF will be played at the GABBA.

The AFL are expected to confirm that no more home and away matches will be played in Victoria in 2020. And just as Chris Scott got his GMHBA games too.

With 4 weeks of finals to be held in October, it's sounding more and more likely the GF will be in QLD. (Nothing confirmed yet).

Quote:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/465409/afl-puts-line-through-victoria-queensland-now-in-box-seat-for-grand-final

THE AFL has all but conceded there will be no further home and away matches played in Victoria in 2020.

I feel like the WA premier has cost his state the chance to host the GF. And I feel like those in NSW want the GF, but the negative response by those who wanted it at the SCG and the "who cares" opinion of the general public in Sydney have given Queensland the box seat. Their premier came to the aid of the AFL too. Now we just need to beat the Lions up there in the GF, wouldnt that be something!

Interestingly, the BBL released their fixture today. The Melbourne Stars will be playing at the MCG on December 5.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Im great mates with some of the ground staff and venue operations staff at the MCG and MCC they told me this week they have seen MCG last match of Aussie rules in 2020 both finals and grand final included. They are in a few weeks starting to prepare the MCG both on and off field for the upcoming cricket 20/21 season.
Its a dead place now a days at the MCG all is occuring is routine maintenance checks and thats about it.
The cricket wickets that are placed just next to the main entry to punt rd oval in its compound during the off season (footy season) are getting extra maintenance too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 55 of 60   

Jump to: