Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood, the AFL and the Virus.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont want a 2011-2020 type decade in the 2020's where we are medioca.

Like to see in 20's an era of sustained success once in my lifetime.

I agree 2021 and possible 2022 are to be rebuilding years then launch from 2023.

In: raw young talent
Out: recycled plug in the gaps players
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Post subject: How Come?Reply with quote

Please forgive me for asking why children cannot cross borders to receive medical treatment or be reunited with parents and grandparents? Why we cannot cross a border to attend a funeral or see a loved one marry? Why farmers cannot cross a border to care for livestock? Yet an army of AFL types, Club officials, their kids and wives, can be welcomed into Queensland with open arms by the same sick Government that presides over the suffering of so many families ? And in the meantime the Federal Government pretend to be upset about the whole thing when they have powers to act. How can the AFL not question or acknowledge the suffering of Victorian fans while they live in five star resorts? And why are Club Presidents’ less of a threat to COVID contagious risk then a mum desperately needing to reunite with a dying father? I am saddened to see this a Collingwood supporter and Australian. Where are our values? Where is the notion of decency? They are still oppressively banning us going to football, church, schools, etc . We cancelled Anzac and threatened veterans I served alongside with arrest if we attended a dawn service . And all this while the football class get to fly interstate and enjoy privileges whilst we suffer. I suppose all this suffering is all in our interest ? It makes me sick to think my country has come to this. And to think these creatures all think everything they are doing is for us! Or please spare me the vomit inducing hypocrisy. Note how the football media doesn’t question this in our face indulgence. They just don’t get it!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:21 pm
Post subject: Re: How Come?Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Please forgive me for asking why children cannot cross borders to receive medical treatment or be reunited with parents and grandparents? Why we cannot cross a border to attend a funeral or see a loved one marry? Why farmers cannot cross a border to care for livestock? Yet an army of AFL types, Club officials, their kids and wives, can be welcomed into Queensland with open arms by the same sick Government that presides over the suffering of so many families ? And in the meantime the Federal Government pretend to be upset about the whole thing when they have powers to act. How can the AFL not question or acknowledge the suffering of Victorian fans while they live in five star resorts? And why are Club Presidents’ less of a threat to COVID contagious risk then a mum desperately needing to reunite with a dying father? I am saddened to see this a Collingwood supporter and Australian. Where are our values? Where is the notion of decency? They are still oppressively banning us going to football, church, schools, etc . We cancelled Anzac and threatened veterans I served alongside with arrest if we attended a dawn service . And all this while the football class get to fly interstate and enjoy privileges whilst we suffer. I suppose all this suffering is all in our interest ? It makes me sick to think my country has come to this. And to think these creatures all think everything they are doing is for us! Or please spare me the vomit inducing hypocrisy. Note how the football media doesn’t question this in our face indulgence. They just don’t get it!

Is this Joe Biden?

CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:28 pm
Post subject: Re: How Come?Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:

I forgive you
Soudie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:29 pm

100% Agree Hiss. Eddie seemed embarrassed on MMM when Tom Browne elaborated on it especially when he mentioned the open bar at the resorts (presumably on the AFL ticket). Glad we stuck by them with our membership fees!
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Hiss you don't live in Victoria.
It is misery here.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Well
2021 is here and the bloody virus is still around.
Wondering if there are going to be hubs again?
Will there be crowds?
I always stand ...so I reckon that will be banned.
Maybe yelling too much may get me booted out.
Maybe we will need a vaccine certificate to get in.
Maybe we will need to wear masks unless eating or drinking.
If that is the case I will start drinking beer as soon as I get there.
A lot of maybes.
E
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:00 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/26/mcg-set-for-50000-fans-for-afl-season-opener-as-crowd-capacity-increased
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:47 pm

^ It confirms what I expected.

At least Victorians will be able to attend games from the start of the season, which is great news.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:37 pm

The $$$$ effect:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-22/how-afl-survived-a-big-hit-from-covid-19-coronavirus-football/100083470

Collingwood

Income 2019: $31m (fans); $20.2m (sponsors); $11.5m (AFL); $9.8m (other).
Income 2020: $15.9m (fans); $10.2m (sponsors); $9.9m (AFL); $7.2m (other).
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:31 am

Well the virus is back again.
how lucky are we.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:16 pm

AFL footy to continue but without crowds.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

so nothing changes for Pies games
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:46 pm
Post subject: WA hub.Reply with quote

Yep, will be announced within the next 10 days I reckon.
It's a no brainer with full capacity crowds at Optus.

<Snip - Let's leave the political opinions out of GD - Thanks, Pies4shaw for BBMods>

Good experience for the young group, will be good to see a few Pies games at Optus again.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:47 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

so nothing changes for Pies games

Humor isn't dead on Nick's. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60   

Jump to: