Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill89 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 am
Post subject: Membership RefundsReply with quote

What is everyone's view on this? We will be locked out of some games and we also are losing games in Melbourne due to a 17 game season. As a legends member spending close to $1000 per annum I think some compensation can be expected and that should not be considered unsupportive of the club..
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

all clubs are on reduced revenues, whether 17 games or zero games, i will support our club with full membership
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Kennett's view: Wink

'"When we inherited government in 1992 the state was in an appalling mess and financially crippled," Kennett told SEN radio.

"Our revenues are going to be reduced, we are going to have to make changes very quickly and ... I don't think this is something that you can deal with bit by bit.

"We've got to get ourselves in a position that we can survive for necessarily some months in order that we can come out the other side.

"The most important thing for all of us as clubs and the AFL is to remain financially viable."

Kennett said the one positive to come out of the chaos of the coronavirus was that not one Hawthorn member had asked for their money back.

"Our membership is part of a family and that would be the same for other clubs as well," he said.'
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:20 pm

There's certainly no force majeure component to the T&Cs - https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/membership-terms-and-conditions

I'd also expect that nothing will happen until the season is played out, but some refund should be available to those that demand it.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:21 pm

My view is someone who is struggling and for who the membership is a small and singular luxury in their life then sure refund it, ultimately our club pays a lot of money to subsidize the others and a battler who goes to the footy to forget about life for a while shouldn't have to cover that.

We're doing alright and I pay by the month, I'll probably just let it go. The trip from Ballarat and back every week gets tiring anyway, don't mind a shorter season Laughing
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm

I'll certainly be pressing them for something.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:25 pm

As a member I support the club. If they cannot afford a refund and the refund would lessen their chances of future success, then I would forgo the few games I might miss.
If they do compensate in some way I think a refund is unlikely. They are more likely to find other more creative ways to lessen the blow. eg cheaper membership next year.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:32 pm

I budget each year for memberships (I am currently in a position to do so).

Like Pebbles Rocks, I am happy to support the club and see how things pan out at the end of the season if it goes ahead.

barrackers 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:51 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
There's certainly no force majeure component to the T&Cs - https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/membership-terms-and-conditions

I'd also expect that nothing will happen until the season is played out, but some refund should be available to those that demand it.

True, there is however a provision to sell back reserved seating for home matches.

Personally mass refunds will hurt the club, but there’s other things especially once risk has eased that would add value back to members - exclusive videos could be done now, while longer term events or briefings from a coach could occur.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:34 pm

The club should roll over all 2020 memberships to include free membership for 2021.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:46 pm

^ Might be a bit premature for that

I'm considering upgrading my membership to support the club

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:42 pm

It's times like these that the club really needs us as members. No refund for me.
slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:33 pm

As a Club 5 member, I'm more than happy to accept the ramifications of a shortened/crowd less season. These are extraordinary circumstances and i'd rather watch my Pies next year and beyond than have the club fold due to the financial impact caused by something that is totally out of their control.

I would think that the club would offer some extra benefits spread out over the next few years as compensation which i would be happy with.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:37 pm

I had intended to reduce my membership this season as i don't go to a lot of games anymore, but they snuck the money out early so what's done is done.

This whole mess is hardly the clubs fault and with no gate receipts but still contracts to honour, the membership revenue is a pretty vital piece.

I won't be asking for a refund.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:36 pm

I won’t seek a refund cos I often don’t attend as many games as I could. Also it’s not the clubs fault so happy to support them. However I don’t begrudge anyone who seeks some sort of refund because they could well be on hard times themselves through their own jobs due to the virus.

Most Importantly though, I would like to see the club come up with some innovative ideas on how they can compensate us members once all this crap is over. Somehow make season 2021 really good value and reward those who are members this year with something extra. This could be in the form of some special merch, (a free jumper for every 2020 member who
Renews as a reward) free event(s) for 2020 members who renew, something, anything. Ed our Prez keeps an eye on Nicks and loves new ideas. Let’s get creative. Tell him what would work for us and what would reward us for keeping the faith.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16   

Jump to: