Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Carro in the age reporting clubs have approached ATO for possible 12 month ruling where we can claim membership costs as a tax deductible donation....

Hahahahah.....good luck with that one!!!

Football clubs aren't charities.

Yep and They are not giving what you paid for so you should get your money back IF you want it back

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:26 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I'm interested in what happens with memberships in 2021 if social distancing requires a vacant seat between supporters.

I dare say be Empty Stadiums Games still

88MPH 

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:15 pm

^^^^^^
Won't be any different to what Southern Stand Legends reserved seat holders were to experience in 2020 - zero footy.

During the Covid-19 lockdown the Club has been ramping up its claim that it stands "side by side" with all of us. That is of course unless you are a Legends member who has reserved seats in the Southern Stand in which case the Club will strip you of those entitlements without reason or discussion, and in so doing will cause massive dislocation of families and friendship groups.

For the victims of this unconscionable and heartless behaviour, "side by side" doesn't extend to sitting "side by side" with people they've been going to the footy with for, in some cases, over half a century.

Yeah, we'll stand side by side with you... unless...err...we don't want to.

Hypocrites.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:03 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
I'm interested in what happens with memberships in 2021 if social distancing requires a vacant seat between supporters.

I dare say be Empty Stadiums Games still

Yes, but they won't go from empty stadium to full,

I imagine 2021 to be a year of half empty stadiums.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:53 pm

88MPH wrote:
^^^^^^
Won't be any different to what Southern Stand Legends reserved seat holders were to experience in 2020 - zero footy.

During the Covid-19 lockdown the Club has been ramping up its claim that it stands "side by side" with all of us. That is of course unless you are a Legends member who has reserved seats in the Southern Stand in which case the Club will strip you of those entitlements without reason or discussion, and in so doing will cause massive dislocation of families and friendship groups.

For the victims of this unconscionable and heartless behaviour, "side by side" doesn't extend to sitting "side by side" with people they've been going to the footy with for, in some cases, over half a century.

Yeah, we'll stand side by side with you... unless...err...we don't want to.

Hypocrites.

Not Everyone has money to Spare and Give to the Club. I say Majority of Members need money back to help Survive

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I say Majority of Members need money back to help Survive

What are you basing that on?

It's pretty simple really... if people need the money, or don't feel it's justified because they're not receiving value, they can call the club and ask for a refund

Nobody is being forced to 'donate' their membership

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:40 pm
Post subject: ChinaReply with quote

I reckon we demand our little mates in Beijing pay the lost revenue our Club has foregone. Afterall they caused this whole mess. I will be writing to President Xi asking for my Magpies membership be paid for by them. And as for Collingwood needing us to sick with them I say We are one Army : Side by Side. Through thick and thin. You don’t leave your wife for your mistress ! So we should not ditch Collingwood for Beijing or its attack on our economy. Now they are threatening us with trade sanctions. Wow . Starting to sound like Carlton fans. Let’s look forward to beating that other filth Richmond next month with our first game back .
Bill89 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:02 am

The club have said you can stop monthly payments and you will keep your reserved seats and also remain a member.

Hard to know if this is correct or not. They also said they 'hope' to offer members their same reserved seats for 2021 but they have logistics to work out on that front.......

Who knows how many years we will not be able to attend for....
88MPH 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:41 am

Quote:
They also said they 'hope' to offer members their same reserved seats for 2021 but they have logistics to work out on that front.......

Do you know why they used the words "hope to" and not the word "will"?

Because they have already told me that they intend to remove the reserved seat entitlements from Legends Members in the Ponsford Stand in the same manner as they have done for Legends Members in the Southern Stand.

When I asked them why Southern Stand Legends reserved seat holders had been singled out, they stated "You haven't been singled out. We're looking to do the same thing throughout other public areas of the MCG. It is likely that Ponsford will be next"

It was not lost on me that they specifically referred to the removal of reserved seat entitlements in "public" areas. You could bet your bottom dollar the President will keep his reserved seat.

Bill89 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:24 pm

a disgrace if true, I want to keep my seats forever level 2 of southern stand.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:35 pm

There'll be a huge shake up in reserved seating. If social distancing remains, you'll be able to have 30,000 - at best 50,000 at the MCG. They will need to accomodate walk up public patrons, so fewer member seats will be available. Maybe a first come best dressed then members are locked out.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:05 pm

I'd think games would be fully ticketed to make it possible to arrange and monitor social distancing.

How they'd manage multiple seats with people wanting to sit together in family groups will be a logistical nightmare, I realise.
Bill89 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:13 pm

Email from club:

Hi Will,

Thank you for your enquiry.

If you suspend payments, 2020 will still be recorded as a year of membership for you.

As such, your consecutive years will continue to tick upward.

We intend to offer you your existing reserved seat options for the 2021 season, even if your suspend or adjust yours 2020 membership.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this email, or contact us via webchat from our membership website - https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/.

Kind regards,
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:36 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I'd think games would be fully ticketed to make it possible to arrange and monitor social distancing.

How they'd manage multiple seats with people wanting to sit together in family groups will be a logistical nightmare, I realise.

For sure, the public will be allocated seats to purchase so the allocation of reserved seating for members will be less than what we currently have. So memberships that include reserve seats will be scrapped and re-allocated with new membership tiers.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:12 pm

Such an interesting thread.

I am level 2 of the Ponsford - I'd be full on devastated to lose those seats but if this is the way footy is going then I think the way we even support the club will change.

I envisage that down the line maybe there will be no such thing as seats/seasons tickets at all. You become a member of 'The Club' that entitles you to finals access etc by paying a membership fee to help support the Club. This gives you access to then book games week to week, like we do at finals time or like going to a concert.

I also think without going to any games this year and maybe 2021, there will be a lot of people who realise they maybe don't miss it that much at all and stay that way.

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16   

Jump to: