Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
I won’t seek a refund cos I often don’t attend as many games as I could. Also it’s not the clubs fault so happy to support them. However I don’t begrudge anyone who seeks some sort of refund because they could well be on hard times themselves through their own jobs due to the virus.

Most Importantly though, I would like to see the club come up with some innovative ideas on how they can compensate us members once all this crap is over. Somehow make season 2021 really good value and reward those who are members this year with something extra. This could be in the form of some special merch, (a free jumper for every 2020 member who
Renews as a reward) free event(s) for 2020 members who renew, something, anything. Ed our Prez keeps an eye on Nicks and loves new ideas. Let’s get creative. Tell him what would work for us and what would reward us for keeping the faith.

Maybe a cocktail function at Crown. Oh wait....

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:34 pm

the fuzz wrote:
It's times like these that the club really needs us as members. No refund for me.

Ditto

88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:26 pm

If the season goes ahead with crowds permitted to attend (albeit in shortened form) will our board members and president fly economy class to interstate matches or refrain from attending them at all?

If so, then I will consider whether or not I will require a refund of my unused portion of membership and reserved seat entitlements.

After the way Southern Stand Legends reserved seat holders were so appallingly treated at the end of 2019, I simply cannot stomach the idea that we should forego refunds for services not provided because "our club needs us" on the one hand, while that very same club pays for premium flights and accommodation for its executive on the other.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:02 pm

K wrote:
Kennett's view: Wink

'"When we inherited government in 1992 the state was in an appalling mess and financially crippled," Kennett told SEN radio.

"Our revenues are going to be reduced, we are going to have to make changes very quickly and ... I don't think this is something that you can deal with bit by bit.

"We've got to get ourselves in a position that we can survive for necessarily some months in order that we can come out the other side.

"The most important thing for all of us as clubs and the AFL is to remain financially viable."

Kennett said the one positive to come out of the chaos of the coronavirus was that not one Hawthorn member had asked for their money back.

"Our membership is part of a family and that would be the same for other clubs as well," he said.'

Yes good old Jeff:

* Overstated the difficult financial position at the time;
* Then he sold off the utilities for a few shiny beads & blankets (wanna know why we pay so much for our utility costs now);
* Introduced public private funding - that is, privatised the profits and socialized the costs (yeah private are so much more efficient yada, yada yada);
* Did to Victoria what he'd been doing to his wife;
* Enormous cuts to disability, health and education that we are still paying the price over;
*F*cked workers through a number of measures most especially, really screwing workcover & the TAC;

But apart from that, the best thing he did was get himself ousted as Premier of Victoria and Alan the entitled c*nt Stockdale and for that I'll be eternally grateful.

As for a refund I won't be asking but I do expect a premiership though Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm

88MPH wrote:
If the season goes ahead with crowds permitted to attend (albeit in shortened form) will our board members and president fly economy class to interstate matches or refrain from attending them at all?

If so, then I will consider whether or not I will require a refund of my unused portion of membership and reserved seat entitlements.

After the way Southern Stand Legends reserved seat holders were so appallingly treated at the end of 2019, I simply cannot stomach the idea that we should forego refunds for services not provided because "our club needs us" on the one hand, while that very same club pays for premium flights and accommodation for its executive on the other.

not to mention the players in the whole competition want to keep their high salaries - i have to admit to not feeling very valued by the club as a long time legend member. how about the unused portion going towards next years membership, id be happy to roll it over. the players should be paid by percentage of games played. many many small businesses are going to go to the wall, many many people are going to lose their jobs. not sure why junior and i should donate $1500 to the club for nothing!

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:09 pm

88MPH wrote:

Would you be happy if the President took a 50% cut to his salary?

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
88MPH wrote:

The Prez should just give up his huge salary all together

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Damien wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
88MPH wrote:

So 100% cut? What do you estimate that would save the club?

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:49 pm

88MPH wrote:
...will our board members and president fly economy class to interstate matches or refrain from attending them at all?

I think you'll find our board members buy their own memberships and pay for their own travel and accommodation, on top of the many voluntary hours they put into the Club.
Wonka 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Damien wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
88MPH wrote:

will our board members and president fly economy class to interstate matches or refrain from attending them at all?

100% cut to his inteference with the footy department would be great.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:02 pm

We just got some rather expensive scarves that's all Smile
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:38 pm

If Telstra, the banks, health insurers etc give me a break then I’ll give Collingwood FC a break.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:44 pm

lihei wrote:
If Telstra, the banks, health insurers etc give me a break then I’ll give Collingwood FC a break.

bang bang!!! yep

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:44 pm

lihei wrote:

bang bang!!! yep

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Damien wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
88MPH wrote:

So 100% cut? What do you estimate that would save the club?

Maths question, what's 100% times zero?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16   

Jump to: