Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I tried calling the club to see if we can make some arrangement, but got voicemail suggesting I email.. I emailed weeks ago now and no response. I don't even want a refund, I just want to have some arrangement in place so that I can continue to be a member and not lose my seat and years of service (20 years next year) once this is all over. The payments have continued and I am going further into debt.

Oh, but don't worry mate, the Club is standing "side by side" with us because after all the members "are the most important part of the whole club" and "side by side is more than just a line in our song, it's our whole philosophy" (unless..of course...when it doesn't suit us in which case...er...you're on your own).

But wait, I'm worried about my membership entitlements being stripped away, and I'm worried that I can no longer sit with my friends and family in reserved seats that I've held for decades, and I'm worried that I can't afford to pay my membership now that I've lost my job. I would like to speak to you about this because after all, "we're all in this together" and we need to stand "side by side" because that's what the typically empty rhetoric and over-used cliches in the email from the President said, and that's the vague business speak that the CEO was sprouting on radio last night.

Hello? Hello? Is there anyone there? It's me the most important part of the club calling... Remember me?

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Is it more to do with the MCG? Or the AFL rejigging their memberships?

Footy hasn't been a people's game in decades, it's all $$$$.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:31 pm

ANNODAM wrote:

Just on my bolded bit, I think once people who are forced to watch Footy on TV due to CV-19 & in the comfort of their own home, will become lazy & some will develop a can't be fk'ed going attitude.

I hope you're not assuming that those who prefer to watch the game on TV are all lazy Annodam. Wink Laughing

When I was a member (quite some time ago now Wink) , I travelled down from the country to the game. I would set out at around 2.30pm for a night game, hitting the road again at around 11.00pm once I got to the car. This was followed by a long, often hazardous drive through fog and dodging kangaroos, getting safely home by 2.00am if I was lucky.

About seven years ago, I decided it was much safer to stay at home and watch on TV. Plus, I could enjoy a nice bottle of red during the game without having to worry about negotiating the short distance to my bed. Laughing

So, my point is that many supporters who choose to not attend the game in person are not lazy - just concerned about the hazards of getting to and from the footy. These hazards are increased while Covid is around.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 pm

88MPH wrote:

Oh, but don't worry mate, the Club is standing "side by side" with us because after all the members "are the most important part of the whole club" and "side by side is more than just a line in our song, it's our whole philosophy" (unless..of course...when it doesn't suit us in which case...er...you're on your own).

But wait, I'm worried about my membership entitlements being stripped away, and I'm worried that I can no longer sit with my friends and family in reserved seats that I've held for decades, and I'm worried that I can't afford to pay my membership now that I've lost my job. I would like to speak to you about this because after all, "we're all in this together" and we need to stand "side by side" because that's what the typically empty rhetoric and over-used cliches in the email from the President said, and that's the vague business speak that the CEO was sprouting on radio last night.

Hello? Hello? Is there anyone there? It's me the most important part of the club calling... Remember me?

I can relate to your angst 88MPH. I believe that clubs, particularly ours, started taking its supporters for granted many moons ago.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:07 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
88MPH wrote:

I can relate to your angst 88MPH. I believe that clubs, particularly ours, started taking its supporters for granted many moons ago.

and They can lose Members IF not Treated Correctly

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:08 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

Just on my bolded bit, I think once people who are forced to watch Footy on TV due to CV-19 & in the comfort of their own home, will become lazy & some will develop a can't be fk'ed going attitude.

I hope you're not assuming that those who prefer to watch the game on TV are all lazy Annodam. Wink Laughing

When I was a member (quite some time ago now Wink) , I travelled down from the country to the game. I would set out at around 2.30pm for a night game, hitting the road again at around 11.00pm once I got to the car. This was followed by a long, often hazardous drive through fog and dodging kangaroos, getting safely home by 2.00am if I was lucky.

About seven years ago, I decided it was much safer to stay at home and watch on TV. Plus, I could enjoy a nice bottle of red during the game without having to worry about negotiating the short distance to my bed. Laughing

So, my point is that many supporters who choose to not attend the game in person are not lazy - just concerned about the hazards of getting to and from the footy. These hazards are increased while Covid is around.

Depends on there Circumstances.

As you said there is some Legit Reasons why Members don't go to Games

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:33 am

88MPH wrote:

I get that you're unhappy with the lack of focus on members and that this started well before March, but the Club has stood down 80% of the staff and probably has a lot of other unhappy people trying to call and e-mail the 1 remaining person in the charge of responding to inquiries

88MPH 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:50 am

Quote:
I get that you're unhappy with the lack of focus on members and that this started well before March, but the Club has stood down 80% of the staff and probably has a lot of other unhappy people trying to call and e-mail the 1 remaining person in the charge of responding to inquiries

Think you've missed the point entirely. It's not the only the lack of attention to members in the current circumstances that gripes many on this board. We all understand that all clubs have stood people down, and that their operations have been severely impacted. That is well known. That's not the point at all. It's the overall attitude that the club has towards its members that has been manifesting for some time. The taking of members for granted. The utter disregard for individual circumstances. The unilateral removal of long-held membership rights without discussion or consultation. The utter indifference towards members who then seek redress.

That's the point. Then when those same members receive the trite and baseless messaging from the club about how important its members are, about how the club stands "side by side" with us, well, let's just say that it's not difficult to understand the anger, frustration and disappointment that is reflected in so many of the messages posted on this board.

Bill89 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:27 pm

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/pledge

I refunded 50% of my membership. The club still gets $500 from me for the year (Legends member).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:57 pm

I got Eddie's email. I let them keep the 2020 membership but I went in and deleted my credit card so they can't mug me again like last year and auto renew before the seasons finished.

I'll make my decision to renew, change or cancel later when I want to.

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Um what -

From - https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/pledge-other

By submitting a request to cancel your membership for 2020, you may lose your consecutive years of service and your reserved seat (if your membership includes this entitlement)

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Um what -

By submitting a request to cancel your membership for 2020, you may lose your consecutive years of service and your reserved seat (if your membership includes this entitlement)

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:04 am

88MPH wrote:
Think you've missed the point entirely. It's not the only the lack of attention to members in the current circumstances that gripes many on this board. We all understand that all clubs have stood people down, and that their operations have been severely impacted. That is well known. That's not the point at all. It's the overall attitude that the club has towards its members that has been manifesting for some time. The taking of members for granted. The utter disregard for individual circumstances. The unilateral removal of long-held membership rights without discussion or consultation. The utter indifference towards members who then seek redress.

No, I got that point and I acknowledged it in my response... you were replying to and quoted someone (I don't know who, you just quoted the words) who commented that they got an answering machine message when called the club, advising them to use e-mail instead. That was my point

barrackers 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Any word on what’s going to happen with members caps, assuming we won’t be allowed to games to pick them up?
Clemo wrote:
here's your answer RE Caps..

Quote:
Sent: Monday, 4 May 2020 13:07
To: Clemo
Subject: RE: membership cap

Hi Clemo,

Thank you for contacting the Collingwood Football Club.

Unfortunately, we can't send these caps at this time. This is because we're currently working from an off-site location, and as such we can't post caps from the Holden Centre like normal.

Once we return to the Holden Centre we'll be able to send caps once more, although it's unclear when we will return.
I wish you and your family well for the coming weeks and beyond.

Kind regards,

Norman

More info via the below link. Basically collection from Olympic Park, match day collection when we're permitted to attend again or post for $5. None are available until operations return to normal though (at least May 31).

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/faq/afl-members
Bill89 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:48 am

Lorelei wrote:
Um what -

Yes, this is contrary to what I was told by someone in the membership department. This is why I have emailed them to clarify again. I have refunded 50% thus far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16   

Jump to: