Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I’m just about done. 23 or so year Legends member.

I even paid for my Legend’s membership for 8 years when I lived in New York.. and to get a simple refund this year, I’d lose the lot? Good to know where I stand at the Club. We have two Legends memberships - paid upfront in October.

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Bill89 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am

Lorelei wrote:
I think I’m just about done. 23 or so year Legends member.

I even paid for my Legend’s membership for 8 years when I lived in New York.. and to get a simple refund this year, I’d lose the lot? Good to know where I stand at the Club. We have two Legends memberships - paid upfront in October.

It really is disheartening. 'Side by Side.'
88MPH 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:01 pm

^^^^^^^^

This absolutely reflects the club's attitude towards its members generally, and me and my family and friends more specifically.

*Been a member for 30+ years? Don't care
*Been a Legends Member with Southern Stand reserved seats for over a decade? Pffttt
*Been sitting in those same reserved seats for decades? So what
*Because of a decision that we took without discussion or consultation with you to rip those seats away from you, you now can't sit with your family and friends in those same seats? Tell someone who cares
*We show you utter indifference and borderline disdain when you want to discuss this situation with us and when you tell us that your children are now so heartbroken that they've given up going to games all together? Not interested coz we've got lots of other members mate
*You have a 4cm scar on your chin from where you were pushed over onto the bitumen basketball court in primary school because you refused to take off your Collingwood scarf after they lost the 1979 grand final? Oh, that's a shame

But don't worry:

1. The President gets to keep his reserved seat next to his family
2. You'll get a cliche-laden email from us that will confirm that we are all in this together and that we stand with you side by side.
3. We'll survive coz we've got lots of other members mate.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:15 pm

88MPH wrote:
*You have a 4cm scar on your chin from where you were pushed over onto the bitumen basketball court in primary school because you refused to take off your Collingwood scarf after they lost the 1979 grand final?

I was with you until this bit

88MPH 

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Quote:
88MPH wrote:
*You have a 4cm scar on your chin from where you were pushed over onto the bitumen basketball court in primary school because you refused to take off your Collingwood scarf after they lost the 1979 grand final?

Mate, I'll show you the scar.

I've literally spilled blood in defence of my love of the Club. Makes my anger and disappointment over its current treatment of so many of its members even more profound.

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:36 pm

Edited - sorry folks found it.

Floreat Pica
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Still hearing conflicting stories.

I dont want to lose my consecutive years or reserved seat. But I've seen elsewhere that that's not an issue. But others have said it will be. So I dont know.

Also the donation of 50% doesn't seem to be an option for me. It's 100% or nothing from what I can see.

I've put my faith in the club many times over the years as we all have. I've been given a free Anzac jumper, a free jacket and a few other small things when things have ballsed up in the past. I had an awesome experience with Nick Maxwell in 2013 or 14, when he took us around the glasshouse and I have some great photos of the day. I was invited to the 1958 reunion event in 2018 and have some great pics with some of the stars of the '58 flag. Those photos are priceless to me.

When I read 88s story, its very saddening to hear. TBH, I didnt think it was a huge deal until you read what he's actually talking about. And this was before any pandemic. How can they do something like that without some kind of compensation. Even if it was the AFLs call, the club should be making it up to them. It's devastating to some people to lose their seat and be made feel unimportant to the club they love, especially after many years.

So when I'm promised something, I really dont want to be let down. I know they cant promise a flag. But there has to be something. There's a lot of legends members, so it's going to be difficult for the club to sort this out and thats the issue. I think the fairest thing is to offer a reduced membership in 2021 and an invitation to a club event of some kind.

My old man, who lived the Collywobble era, tells me to give it up. They'll always be on TV. And when they win a flag, you can still watch it he says. It wont make any difference to the club if you're there or not. He's been let down in the past and I guess has felt driven away from the club. He thinks I'm crazy to pay this much and receive so little for it. It saddens me so much that my dad has lost interest in the club. The only time I ever saw him emotional was in 1990 and when the dog died.

Then there's my brother who says to look at other sports in the world. People are paying 10x what we are. For him, it wasnt even a decision and he has donated 100% of his membership.

Like many of you guys, I've spent a fortune supporting this club; Memberships, jumpers, clothing, B&Fs, memorabilia.... all kinds of stuff. And like Lorelei, I also paid for Legends memberships when I lived in England for 2 years.

I've always said that I feel like we dont get anything exclusive as a legend member. We get a GF ticket if we're playing, but making a GF isnt guaranteed and many members have had complaints about their location. In 2011 i had a shocking seat, but in 2018 I had a ripping seat.

I love this fkn club. I'm a fifth generation supporter and it goes back to my family starting their Australian lives in Collingwood. I'm still not sure what to do, but do I owe the club, or does the club owe me?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:27 pm

i get where your coming from. i had an online convo with the club today. if you go further down the email and go to make a pledge and click there, you get a choice. you can get 75%, 50% or full refund. if you pledge 100%you get an invite to a party and a pin, if you pledge 50% or another amount, you keep your seat etc. my only question for them was if we make the GF and people can attend, will we get a seat if we get a part refund. they said they hope to give all legends who pay a percentage access, but it depends on the afl. ie they passed the buck. im still not sure what to do! i will not ask for a full refund, but i may ask for part.
Larry 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:53 pm

I don't know what to do.

I have a family legends membership and live in Perth. I have it so for finals and the GF I can take my family and they can experience finals like I did back in the day with my family.

I am not happy with the solutions and info the club has have offered. Think a better solution would be a significant discount on next years membership and any members that have been significantly financially effected by COVID can contact the club directly and they can organise a full refund.

The emails that I have received from the club feel like they are putting a guilt trip on supporters which I don't think is ok including giving a pin to those who don't get refunds so they can wear them in the future to show they are better than the ones that did.

In my experience with the club they always put money before loyal supporters. The club screwed me over as a social club member in in 2003 & 2010.

I can't see why I should not treat it as financial decision only. As that is the way the club has always treated me in any of my dealings with them.

Anyway i am interested in other people thoughts as i really can't decided.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:17 pm

I heard that Essendon are giving their members (who do not request a refund), a guernsey signed by the player of their choice. Compare that to a party and a pin.

Which would you prefer?

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Larry and Presti - I am totally in support and fully understand your dilemma.

We've all been on Nicks for ages... we all know we are not fly by nighters. I have acutally found this whole process from the club extremely off putting and insulting. I actually can't believe they think that offering ultimatum donations are the way to go? It is vile and IMO really rude and tacky,

I am a homemaker, I look after and manage our family budget, entertainment plans and charitable donations. For us, football falls into entertainment plans and NOT charitable donations. We plan our entertainment through the year and now that is not forthcoming. I want our full money back but do I want it back at the cost of my seat and my 20+ years of support and over 100 year family history of supporting Collingwood?

I can't believe they are making us choose.

Floreat Pica

Last edited by Lorelei on Mon May 25, 2020 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:26 pm

88MPH wrote:
^^^^^^^^

This absolutely reflects the club's attitude towards its members generally, and me and my family and friends more specifically.

*Been a member for 30+ years? Don't care
*Been a Legends Member with Southern Stand reserved seats for over a decade? Pffttt
*Been sitting in those same reserved seats for decades? So what
*Because of a decision that we took without discussion or consultation with you to rip those seats away from you, you now can't sit with your family and friends in those same seats? Tell someone who cares
*We show you utter indifference and borderline disdain when you want to discuss this situation with us and when you tell us that your children are now so heartbroken that they've given up going to games all together? Not interested coz we've got lots of other members mate
*You have a 4cm scar on your chin from where you were pushed over onto the bitumen basketball court in primary school because you refused to take off your Collingwood scarf after they lost the 1979 grand final? Oh, that's a shame

But don't worry:

1. The President gets to keep his reserved seat next to his family
2. You'll get a cliche-laden email from us that will confirm that we are all in this together and that we stand with you side by side.
3. We'll survive coz we've got lots of other members mate.

They are taking Advantage of Members

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:28 pm

Lorelei wrote:
Larry and Presti - I am totally in support and fully understand your dilemma.

We've all been on Nicks for ages... we all know we are not fly by nighters. I have acutally found this whole process from the club extremely off putting and insulting. I actually can't believe they think that offering ultimatum donations are the way to go? It is vile and IMO really rude and tacky,

I am a homemaker, I look after manage our family budget, entertainment plans and charitable donations. For us, football falls into entertainment plans and NOT charitable donations. We plan our entertainment through the year and now that is not forthcoming. I want our full money back but do I want it back at the cost of my seat and my 20+ years of support and over 100 year family history of supporting Collingwood?

I can't beleive they are making us choose.

Would not shock me at all IF some Fans tell the Club to Stick It and Don't Bother to Re-Join after this

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:56 pm

I still haven't decided what to do.

I have pretty much cut every other expense out of our budget after my wife lost her job and I have forced unpaid leave.

I have been a legends member for 20 years, I have sat in the same seats in the Ponsford stand Level 2 since the stand was built (had seats in the Southern Stand before that). We have an amazing group of people around us and have built some great friendships over the years. I don't want to lose that. My heart goes out to those people that had seats in the Southern Stand and have lost them.

Legends memberships aren't cheap. I assume also that a lot of that money goes to actually paying for the seat and entry to the stadium.. Who is getting that money now? I'd like to see a breakdown.. I could then choose to pay the club what they would normally get from my membership.

This ultimatum the club has put on us has really put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not really looking forward to the season starting again. I have always wanted the season to be scrapped unless fans can attend.

I'm sure I'll watch though. Regardless of the current administration, the club is and always will be bigger than that.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:48 pm

88MPH wrote:
Quote:
88MPH wrote:

Mate, I'll show you the scar

It's not that I don't believe you, I just don't think you should be treated any differently because of it. All of us who were in school in the 1970s probably have similar stories, if not the physical scars to go with them

Wasn't it you that said your kids don't want to go to the footy any more because they lost their reserved seats? Bit of a contrast

Anyway, I do agree the club is not handling it well, and has not been for some time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16   

Jump to: