Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Refunds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave I don't want to tell the club to stick it nor do other seem. I have a love for the club.

But they are not making it easy. Correspondents from the club seem fairly condescending and a bit of a guilt trip about how good of a supporter you are. (I had a social club membership and went to all games in Melbourne when Tony Shaw was coach so I think i am a good supporter!!!)

I think they should be at the least giving the reserve seat cost back to members.

Other clubs seem to be giving a more than fair offer. Eagles members can credit their membership over to next year for $50 less and value of games if there any that are able to be attended later in the season.

Seems the club is just trying to use weasel words when people ask questions to say that they could lose this or that if they get any sort of refund.

They seem to be trying to force us to donate our money, which i am not completely against except the way it is being done, I think is very poor.

Keeping our money seems to be the overriding factor not what is right and fair to loyal supporters.
Bill89 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:16 am

I have donated 50% of the legends membership fee however t is disgusting that if you cannot afford to leave any money with the club and want a full refund that you will lose your entitlements, when in fact you have not received anything for the year and your is then determined by finances.

If they do allow fans into the ground for the finals or a GF and they exclude those who requested a part refund, there will be many angry members.
Bill89 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 am

Latest email from the club:

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Any member who pledges a percentage of their 2020 membership is guaranteed to not lose any entitlements, including reserved seats.

Because opting for a maximal refund (not quite 100% because of the service charge) is essentailly a cancellation we have to add a warning that it may have adverse effects, although our intention is to hold every member's seats for their 2021 renewal notices.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this email, or contact us via webchat from our membership website - https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/.

Kind regards,
Josh
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Geez, it's one huge mess.

I'm still unsure what to do. Friends who support other clubs seem to be mostly happy with what their club have offered. But none of them are the equivalent of a legends member, so it's hard to judge.

How many legends members are there?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:01 am

Presti35 wrote:

I'm still unsure what to do. Friends who support other clubs seem to be mostly happy with what their club have offered. But none of them are the equivalent of a legends member, so it's hard to judge.

thats what i want to know!
me and junior have decided to go 50%
Ill do it tomorrow

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Presti35 wrote:

I think simply ask for a full refund seeing as it has now been confirmed, doing so we won't lose any entitlements? We are going to wait a bit longer just to see what happens with crowds but honestly, I have no interest in going and sitting in a row on my own. We will just bide time a little longer.

I have no idea what they were thinking putting that wording in there. You either DO or DON'T lose your seat... it makes no sense whatsoever. Why do they have to make everything so hard?

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:04 pm

Bill89 wrote:
Latest email from the club:

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Any member who pledges a percentage of their 2020 membership is guaranteed to not lose any entitlements, including reserved seats.

Because opting for a maximal refund (not quite 100% because of the service charge) is essentailly a cancellation we have to add a warning that it may have adverse effects, although our intention is to hold every member's seats for their 2021 renewal notices.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this email, or contact us via webchat from our membership website - https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/.

Kind regards,
Josh

Pathetic by the Club saying you can stick you Membership up Your Ass IF you need a Full Refund.

They say they keep your Reserved Seats but I would not bank on it

Last edited by Dave The Man on Wed May 27, 2020 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:10 pm

i just asked for the 50% refund for both of our legend memberships. I did feel lousy doing it though!
i would have been happy to leave it if we got a discount next season, but yeah, to get nothing is not right.
I would go and sit in a row on my own, or at least with my daughter, surely thats ok!! but i just cant see it.

the only thing holding me back was the GF rights. and honestly, who knows? will we make it? or even if there be one? will they make it a corporate event? my daughter is a uni student, She gets part of her ticket for her birthday present. Yes i could afford to leave mine, but the money could be better spent and i cant justify it. Im still giving them $400 for my loyalty. I dont want a pin or a party, it would probably be bullshit anyway!

TBH im not happy with the arrangement. id much prefer a discount next season. this is just too up in the air. but if i lose my seat, yeah, ill be mighty pissed.

Last edited by think positive on Wed May 27, 2020 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Quote:
Why do they have to make everything so hard?

Because despite all the platitudes and baseless cliches, despite all the "side by side" crap they feed us, they don't really give a damn about individual members.

Just like the email that Bill89 received:
Quote:
our intention is to hold every member's seats for their 2021 renewal notices

Their language is deliberately designed to give them an out. "It is our intention" is non-committal. They just treat us like lemmings. It is infuriating.

Member: But you said we wouldn't lose our entitlements.
Club: Actually, no we didn't. What we said was it was our intention that you wouldn't lose them but sorry about that, you've lost them.
Member: But this is not fair. I've been a member for decades. I always pay my membership on time. I go to the footy every week rain, hail or shine. I love this club.
Club: Yes, well, there you go. Welcome to the new Collingwood - we pat you warmly on the head and tell you that we (the club) are nothing without you, whilst all the while we take away your entitlements whether you like it or not. Just ask the reserved seat Legends Members in the Southern Stand. Their kids might have stopped crying by now.

Bill89 

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:51 pm

88MPH wrote:
Quote:
Why do they have to make everything so hard?

Because despite all the platitudes and baseless cliches, despite all the "side by side" crap they feed us, they don't really give a damn about individual members.

Just like the email that Bill89 received:
Quote:
our intention is to hold every member's seats for their 2021 renewal notices

Their language is deliberately designed to give them an out. "It is our intention" is non-committal. They just treat us like lemmings. It is infuriating.

Member: But you said we wouldn't lose our entitlements.
Club: Actually, no we didn't. What we said was it was our intention that you wouldn't lose them but sorry about that, you've lost them.
Member: But this is not fair. I've been a member for decades. I always pay my membership on time. I go to the footy every week rain, hail or shine. I love this club.
Club: Yes, well, there you go. Welcome to the new Collingwood - we pat you warmly on the head and tell you that we (the club) are nothing without you, whilst all the while we take away your entitlements whether you like it or not. Just ask the reserved seat Legends Members in the Southern Stand. Their kids might have stopped crying by now.

you have hit the nail on the head. I remain very sceptical and concerned about losing my seats or even being denied access to a grand final ticket this year if we were to make it, given i have refunded 50%. Also I have received no refund as yet, who knows how long we will wait. It appears our club have handled this situation worse out of the lot. I have researched the way the other clubs have done it and it is much easier to stomach...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:07 pm

I did the same, it said7-10 days,

And the GF. Is what worries me too.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:08 pm

It's fkn worrying.

The possibility to lose entitlements, seats, GF ticket, years running, etc Vs. staying on to get a pin and a promise of something unnamed that could be anything. It could be something awesome. It could be something unexclusive/shithouse.

Is there 15,000 Legends members? Or is there more? That's a lot of people to satisfy.

The best thing would be to discount next years total cost and have some kind of small gift or store voucher to go with it.

I have always put my faith in the club and I've always found myself sticking up for players and coaches, the president and the club as a whole for years. I don't expect a brass band parade down Swanston Street in my honour, I just want to be assured that we'll all be counted for. And fairly.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Presti35 wrote:
It's fkn worrying.

The possibility to lose entitlements, seats, GF ticket, years running, etc Vs. staying on to get a pin and a promise of something unnamed that could be anything. It could be something awesome. It could be something unexclusive/shithouse.

Is there 15,000 Legends members? Or is there more? That's a lot of people to satisfy.

The best thing would be to discount next years total cost and have some kind of small gift or store voucher to go with it.

I have always put my faith in the club and I've always found myself sticking up for players and coaches, the president and the club as a whole for years. I don't expect a brass band parade down Swanston Street in my honour, I just want to be assured that we'll all be counted for. And fairly.
the question i want answered, and the entitlements i wanted too! but id take the band too!!!!
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:28 pm

TP, maybe we can re-enact the classic ACDC music video? Brass band style?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 5:57 pm

/\ heheh

the club just called me so 24 hours it took, they were nice, thanking me for my 50% donation, and said the refund will be in my account within 48 hours.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: